Citadel Productions TW Gear Concepts

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Citadel97501
D-Bee

Citadel Productions TW Gear Concepts

Unread post by Citadel97501 »

Hello all, I had a few ideas for TW gear that kept coming to mind and I wanted to get your opinions. (PEACH)

Anti-Missile System Mark 1
This system was inspired by the Juicer Killer Power Armor's weapon system but instead of using it to deal with Juicers and other high speed targets the designers realized with some work the system could be adjusted to create an anti-missile system for any of their designs, such as lighter vehicles with a good power source preferably nuclear.

Armature Cost:
Armature using the repair cost for the 30 MDC of the guns, I used this just to buy a scrap pair of the laser arms, 25 MDC so 30,000 credits each for 60,000 total. (I didn't include the cost of the electronics system, for another 96000 credits as we aren't using anything but a box, wires, gems, and the laser armatures.) I also suggest shooting any weapons dealer (or kicking GM) who tries to charge you the 2 million for an intact system...

Effects:
+5 to strike a missile (Not sure if the penalty should still exist due to Super Human Speed), can fire 2 paired shots per round of activation. The lasers themselves would do 6d6 MDC total, which should automatically destroy any mini-missile or small missiles that they hit, and most others aren't much harder.

Gem Cost: 15000 in gems + the Armature
Construction Time: 102 hours (101.6 but I rounded up.)
Total Cost: 75,000 credits and 102 hours worth of labor fees.

Spell Chain: Spinning Blades, Telekinesis, Superhuman Speed
Spoiler:
Spinning Blades (page 119 of the Book of Magic)
-Spell Level: 7
-Caster Level: 4
-Cost: 20 PPE
-Duration: 4 rounds (about a minute)
-Gems: 4 carats of Opal going to use a 6 carat stone because it is easier on math, 500 credits per carats

Telekinesis (page 98 of the Book of Magic)
-Spell Level: 3
-Cost: 8 PPE
-Duration: 4 minutes
-Gems: 2 carats of Opal, just for ease of design and PPE costs, 500 credits per carat

Super Human Speed (page 109 of the Book of Magic)
-Spell Level: 5
-Cost: 10 PPE
-Duration: 4 minutes
-Gems: 2 carats of Black pearl, 6000 credits per carat

Total PPE Cost: 254 PPE (technically less than that but I rounded up.
Activation Cost: 13 PPE per minute

Super Spiker Mark 1
This system is a salvaged VX 320 Multiple Grenade Launcher that has been altered to fire homing wooden spears.

Effect: Fires a rapid barrage of 5 spears made of hardened wood spears that hit with MDC damage, additionally these attacks do not
allow dodging. This does 1d6x10 MDC if it strikes, and uses the Heavy WP.

Total Cost: 47,300
Construction Time: 150 hours
Activation Cost: 15
Spoiler:
Construction Cost: 300
Spinning Blades (page 119 of the Book of Magic)
-Spell Level: 7
-Caster Level: 5
-Duration: 5 rounds (about 75 seconds)
-Gems: 2.5 carats of Opal going to use a 8 carat stone because it is easier on math, 500 credits per carat.
Telekinesis (page 98 of the Book of Magic)
-Cost: 8 PPE
-Duration: 5 minutes
-Gems: 3 carats of Opal, just for ease of design and PPE costs, 500 credits per carat
Create Wood (page 96 of BoM)
-Gems: 3 carats of Amber, just for ease of design and PPE costs, 600 credits per carat

Advanced Version: I am pretty sure you can't add something like "Ricochet Strike" for a Mark 2 version but I would like opinions on that. :)
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Re: Citadel Productions TW Gear Concepts

Unread post by Mack »

Why add additional carats to the Secondary spells (Telekinesis and Superhuman Speed)? All that does is add needless cost to the design. They don't lower the PPE cost or otherwise affect anything.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Citadel97501
D-Bee

Mack wrote:Why add additional carats to the Secondary spells (Telekinesis and Superhuman Speed)? All that does is add needless cost to the design. They don't lower the PPE cost or otherwise affect anything.

True, it just saved me some math. As the only one in my house that seems to be able to do math, I was being lazy.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I like the idea of seeing something that for once is not min-maxed out to be the most point efficient TW item possible.
It feels more 'real' to see something that is... well realistic.
After all in the real world most designs are not perfectly optimized designs calibrated to the ounce (outside of a few hyper specialized space ships and ultra performance race cars) why should every TW device, ever, be different.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

What can I say but I like these defensive systems...plus you clearly like Spinning Blades as much as I do. :ok:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Citadel97501
D-Bee

eliakon wrote:I like the idea of seeing something that for once is not min-maxed out to be the most point efficient TW item possible.
It feels more 'real' to see something that is... well realistic.
After all in the real world most designs are not perfectly optimized designs calibrated to the ounce (outside of a few hyper specialized space ships and ultra performance race cars) why should every TW device, ever, be different.

Thank you I appreciate it, which is also why I didn't include the PPE clips that a lot of other weapons do. I took one look at the massive skill penalty in trying to make it, and realized that all of the guns that do this really do require a massive infrastructure in the form of assistants to help put them together. My idea is that an adventuring Techno-Wizard is just not going to be able to do that.

Return to “Rifts®”