Who in North America is the Bionics manufacturer?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Citadel97501
D-Bee

Who in North America is the Bionics manufacturer?

Unread post by Citadel97501 »

Hello all, the title is the question of the hour. I understand that Northern Gun makes some of the Bionics stuff but they focus on Power Armor, Robots, and Vehicles. I was wondering if there is a Bionics focused supplier in a similar vein? I have a player interested in fluff and I didn't know, so I was hoping for some direction and which books to take a look at.
dreicunan
Hero

Re: Who in North America is the Bionics manufacturer?

Unread post by dreicunan »

In North America, per Bionics Sourcebook, Bionics are mainly controlled by governments. Northern Gun is the top manufacturer, followed by Manistique Imperium. Coalition States, Black Market, and Kingsdale are all on the list as well. Archie-3 does make some, but not nearly as many as robots and he doesn't put tracking devices inside them. Also, given how big Wilks actually is in manufacturing basically everything in North America, I wouldn't be surprised if they make some bionics, too.
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

The three main producers in na for adventurer bionics are NG and kings dale and the black market.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Who, in NA, are the bionics manufacturers?

As the other have pointed out there are multiple states and entities that producer them.

I agree with kaid for those bionics acquired outside the CS, are most likely produced by NG and one of the black market companies west of the CS, and kingsdale east of the CS. (I think kingsdale is east of the CS.)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

Remember that the CS was NOT a major bionics producer until the Campaign of Unity.

CS Cyborg Strike troopers were a new addition to the army, with only a few hundred ever being augmented prior to that.

As for who manufactures the parts? NG, assuredly, as well as probably Bandito Arms, Kingsdale, Los Alamo, and Free Quebec.

FQ has used Cyborgs extensively for years (one of their beefs was that the CS wanted them to quit using Juicers AND Cyborgs) and probably produces quite a bit, but as to wether or not they export... who knows (im sure there are FQ bionics being served up at Old Bones).
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Citadel97501
D-Bee

Unread post by Citadel97501 »

Thank you all for the information, :)
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:Remember that the CS was NOT a major bionics producer until the Campaign of Unity.

CS Cyborg Strike troopers were a new addition to the army, with only a few hundred ever being augmented prior to that.

As for who manufactures the parts? NG, assuredly, as well as probably Bandito Arms, Kingsdale, Los Alamo, and Free Quebec.

FQ has used Cyborgs extensively for years (one of their beefs was that the CS wanted them to quit using Juicers AND Cyborgs) and probably produces quite a bit, but as to wether or not they export... who knows (im sure there are FQ bionics being served up at Old Bones).

Probably a number of black market labs in the Relic too.
The majority of these would be small, high-quality, crafter labs that have all joined(or been forced to join) the Black Market, rather than grow into larger companies.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

My write-up of Houstown has them being a something of a bionics center; the history I wrote had a fair amount of material survival from the Houston Medical Center, and an early acquisition raid on the nearby Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio.

http://rpgcrank.blogspot.com/2013/07/ri ... stown.html
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Who, in NA, are the bionics manufacturers?

As the other have pointed out there are multiple states and entities that producer them.

I agree with kaid for those bionics acquired outside the CS, are most likely produced by NG and one of the black market companies west of the CS, and kingsdale east of the CS. (I think kingsdale is east of the CS.)

Clearly there are some Triax bionics available now and then but I would guess most of those are coming via kingsdale or maybe merctown type places. Also a lot may well be sort of custom built/fabricated from plans/designs in smaller chop shops and bionic/cyberware capable medical facilities.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:Remember that the CS was NOT a major bionics producer until the Campaign of Unity.

I probably should have thrown old bones in there as well. That is sort of a front operation for FQ and pretty big place for augmentation of all sorts for mercs and head hunters in that part of the woods.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

And you need to remember that the black market ..ahhh….'recycles' old bionics.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:And you need to remember that the black market ..ahhh….'recycles' old bionics.

Waste not want not.

Return to “Rifts®”