Northern Gun 2 and Power Armors?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Citadel97501
D-Bee

Northern Gun 2 and Power Armors?

Unread post by Citadel97501 »

Hello all, I saw that a lot of people were complaining that the NG 2 power armors were weaker than they should be? I was just wondering if I was missing something as the only real issues I had were some extremely low MDC for power armor in the Blue Boy, and the Coyote. Frankly they both seem kind of Chipwell quality on that front but massively over-costed.

That being said I really like some of the power armors, and I love the UEL systems, and some of the unique weapons are cool although many of them are intended to be cool but still crap.
kaid
Knight

Re: Northern Gun 2 and Power Armors?

Unread post by kaid »

Ng2 has a good range of power armor from pretty light to heavy Samson armor.one thing on the light ones they still have nuke power by default and much better sensor packages. If you go electric they are very economical priced armor.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

Citadel97501 wrote:Hello all, I saw that a lot of people were complaining that the NG 2 power armors were weaker than they should be? I was just wondering if I was missing something as the only real issues I had were some extremely low MDC for power armor in the Blue Boy, and the Coyote. Frankly they both seem kind of Chipwell quality on that front but massively over-costed.

That being said I really like some of the power armors, and I love the UEL systems, and some of the unique weapons are cool although many of them are intended to be cool but still crap.

I would say that the NG2 MDC values on Power Armor are actually quite fine.

The problem is people are expecting everything to match Triax 2 (which... well, i vaccilate here between "Triax has had 300 years to build on Golden Age tech and should be awesome as hell" to "from a game balance perspective the Triax 2 stuff is absurdly OP")...

When you look at *most* Power Armors from North America (and most of Rifts Earth that is NOT Triax), with a few exceptions, Power Armor DOESNT have gobs of MDC.

The SAMAS and Flying Titan set the standard, and apart from a few outliers, most follow suit. (And keep in mind, the SAMAS is so good BECAUSE its golden age tech, so PA produced with post-GA tech that hasnt caught up yet SHOULDNT be as good). The few outliers are all CS suits built on the SAM, pretty much (Terror Trooper, SuperSAM, and Striker SAM). MOST of the other suits that are -actually- Power Armor (the GBK being a small robot, like the Ulti-Max) tend to run between 150-250 MDC at most.

I personally LIKED the fact that NG 1&2 dialed it back a bit and showed that only a few manufacturers that have access to Golden-Age tech can really produce the 300+ MDC suits with regularity, and only a few posses that tech.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Titan Robotics also gets excused considering a golden age AI is behind it.

Return to “Rifts®”