Look out! He's got a Danzi.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

IronWarrior
D-Bee
Comment: Never give up, never surrender...unless there is food. -stares- Are you gonna eat that?
Location: on the road to Never Never Land or was it Oz. I can never remember.

Look out! He's got a Danzi.

Unread post by IronWarrior »

Would the Danzi R.C.C. be considered a minor magical being in Rifts seeing as how they were formerly a very powerful magical race akin to faeries and still have enhanced healing and some magical abilities inherent to the race?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Look out! He's got a Danzi.

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Yes. They are still creatures of magic, it's just their power is a shadow of what it once was. one way to think of it would be if a Greater being is demoted to Lesser status.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
IronWarrior
D-Bee
Comment: Never give up, never surrender...unless there is food. -stares- Are you gonna eat that?

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Yes. They are still creatures of magic, it's just their power is a shadow of what it once was. one way to think of it would be if a Greater being is demoted to Lesser status.

so how would i convert one? straight hp + sdc = mdc? what about strength? supernatural or augmented?
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Straight SDC+HP=MDC
They don't have supernatural (or otherwise) stats in PF, so they wouldn't get the boost here.
Their spirit tattoos would do MDC damage though (I would be tempted to say they would be one of the rare magics to do SDC/MDC damage as appropriate to the target as it 1) is thematic to them and 2) would help make it a 'lesser' form of magic and not just 'kewl new tattooz')
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
IronWarrior
D-Bee

eliakon wrote:Straight SDC+HP=MDC
They don't have supernatural (or otherwise) stats in PF, so they wouldn't get the boost here.
Their spirit tattoos would do MDC damage though (I would be tempted to say they would be one of the rare magics to do SDC/MDC damage as appropriate to the target as it 1) is thematic to them and 2) would help make it a 'lesser' form of magic and not just 'kewl new tattooz')

makes sense to me. in the absence of supernatural strength i assume a magic weapon would be a good choice, something simple and uncomplicated or vibro-blades. not sure energy weapons would be used. (going by conversion book 1)
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Would you have minor/major Danzi bone weapons become MDC/SDC based on the opponent?
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

RockJock wrote:Would you have minor/major Danzi bone weapons become MDC/SDC based on the opponent?

Probably.
Or possibly have minor be SDC and major be MDC.
But I kind of like the 'mixed damage' option. It really gives a good "not quite as powerful as it could be because it can't instagib a mundane" feel to the "lesser" magics
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

IronWarrior wrote:Would the Danzi R.C.C. be considered a minor magical being in Rifts seeing as how they were formerly a very powerful magical race akin to faeries and still have enhanced healing and some magical abilities inherent to the race?

No, a character class cannot be a magical being because it is a class.

According to lore, the Danzi were once powerful creatures of magic akin to Faerie Folk (in some respects they still are), but those powers virtually disappeared as the result of a curse uttered by Netosa moments before he succumbed to the magic slumber of ages.

This is the only relevant text I could find in the racial descriptive text. (iow:the text before the racial stats).

Based on the racial stats they are just a bit more CoM then Elves are. And as such they would still be HP/SDC beings in Rifts IMHO. (There can only be opinions on this because they have not been officially converted.)

There is not text dealing with whether or not their magic tattoos would turn them MDC. Thou, if I had to set a /HP/SDC-MDC limit I would use the same one the TA magic tattoos use.

Bone weapons.
The Greater ones would be MDC and inflict MD.
The normal ones would be SDC and have bonus damage in SD (the normal ones taking on the damage rating of the greater have in PF would be easiest) and would damage vamps, were-people and other beings vulnerable to magic.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
dreicunan
Hero

Unread post by dreicunan »

You could also make them minor MD creatures and only have HP change to MDC (or HP plus a set amount like 2d6).
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Is this a race from one of the newer books? Can't remember hearing the name until now.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Its from Palladium Fantasy.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Axelmania wrote:Is this a race from one of the newer books? Can't remember hearing the name until now.

PF(2) RPG book 11 Eastern Territory.

It is pretty old. being 1st published in 2001. Is this your 1st time you've seen it mentioned?
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
IronWarrior wrote:Would the Danzi R.C.C. be considered a minor magical being in Rifts seeing as how they were formerly a very powerful magical race akin to faeries and still have enhanced healing and some magical abilities inherent to the race?

According to lore, the Danzi were once powerful creatures of magic akin to Faerie Folk (in some respects they still are), but those powers virtually disappeared as the result of a curse uttered by Netosa moments before he succumbed to the magic slumber of ages.

This is the only relevant text I could find in the racial descriptive text. (iow:the text before the racial stats).

Based on the racial stats they are just a bit more CoM then Elves are. And as such they would still be HP/SDC beings in Rifts IMHO. (There can only be opinions on this because they have not been officially converted.)

There is not text dealing with whether or not their magic tattoos would turn them MDC. Thou, if I had to set a /HP/SDC-MDC limit I would use the same one the TA magic tattoos use.

Bone weapons.
The Greater ones would be MDC and inflict MD.
The normal ones would be SDC and have bonus damage in SD (the normal ones taking on the damage rating of the greater have in PF would be easiest) and would damage vamps, were-people and other beings vulnerable to magic.

Umm.. I could have sworn RCCs where racial classes so if the race is magical then the RCC is magical.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Blue_Lion wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

…snip

Umm.. I could have sworn RCCs where racial classes so if the race is magical then the RCC is magical.

EDIT: I answered the question that was literally asked, directly.

Then I answered the question they meant to ask.

A RCC is a Racial Character Class.
Just not the Race Itself.

If you look at how the Danzi are presented, they are presented as a Race. There is not RCC squished into the Racial Text. Yes, there are a couple Danzi RCCs that are presented right after the Racial text is presented.

I do wish PB would stop putting the RCC label onto Races. Why? Cause it is stupid. The mislabeling with the RCC label causes most of the stupidness in the PB gamebooks. I don't know why KS does not edit them to be correct when he edits every book. Maybe he needs someone that can recognize small stupid stuff like that to proofread things before they get published.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sat May 13, 2017 1:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

RCC is typically suppose to be a race that is a class but it can also be in some cases a class limited to a race.

When I see RCC I think of racial classes where the class is a race.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
IronWarrior
D-Bee

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

…snip

EDIT: I answered the question that was literally asked, directly.

Then I answered the question they meant to ask.

A RCC is a Racial Character Class.
Just not the Race Itself.

If you look at how the Danzi are presented, they are presented as a Race. There is not RCC squished into the Racial Text. Yes, there are a couple Danzi RCCs that are presented right after the Racial text is presented.

I do wish PB would stop putting the RCC label onto Races. Why? Cause it is stupid. The mislabeling with the RCC label causes most of the stupidness in the PB gamebooks. I don't know why KS does not edit them to be correct when he edits every book. Maybe he needs someone that can recognize small stupid stuff like that to proofread things before they get published.

i understood what you were saying and it works very well as a minor magical mdc being. just hp + sdc = mdc no supernatural strength or supernatural damage. i did however follow some other things i found on the forums concerning Danzi. Rifts Spirit West was a very good fit. Tribesman in particular. However i had to edit some abilities to capture the Danzi essence which in my opinion is closer to ancient celt/gaelic society. i nixed the totem abilities and they only get one fetish, otherwise Tribesman is a nice fit for that "barbarian" feel that the Danzi seem to be.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

IronWarrior wrote:snip…
i did however follow some other things i found on the forums concerning Danzi. Rifts Spirit West was a very good fit. Tribesman in particular. However i had to edit some abilities to capture the Danzi essence which in my opinion is closer to ancient celt/gaelic society. i nixed the totem abilities and they only get one fetish, otherwise Tribesman is a nice fit for that "barbarian" feel that the Danzi seem to be.

That is a good idea.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I've used Danzi in HU as sort of a lost tribe type of group, and they fit really well. Not too different from your Native America idea in practice, but in a sort of lost island/valley situation.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Rifts®”