PRP creation year?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

PRP creation year?

Unread post by Axelmania »

In trying to dig up CS psychic history, refreshed myself on how the Psychic Registration Program was passes with 88% approval (Rifts page 102) it is interesting only 12% didn't approve considering pg 12 has a 25% chance of rolling random psionics, although only 9% of that is major and they are more restricted, minor probably sold them out since they don't need chips.

In addition to the PRP the 88% also appears to apply, as a collective thought, to "the creation of the psi-stalker enforcement officers and their Dog Packs".

Dog Boys were created in 77 P.A. but I'm not sure if this refers to pe-approval ("the people like our sketches of dog warriors, let's make some!) or responsive approval after the CS had already begun test running them.

The way it says "approved the institution" rather than "approved of the institution" sounds like there may have been a vote. I think Karl was chairman since 71 but didn't become emperor until 78 so it may have been more of a democratic process? That sort of appeal to people may have won him support.

According to CWC p 190 the PRP was developed by a committee that Carol Black was on, She is 53 years old statted in WB12 and if this is Circa 105 PA like Karl on CWC 215, she would have been 23 years old in 85 PA when psi-net and psi-bat were created, matching the "headed Psi-batfor 20 years" on CWC 190.

Even if the PRP development committee predated PSIA net (decide to register first, figure out how to enforce it later) I don't think it could have been by very many years. In 80 PA for example Carol would have been 18 and it would be hard to imagine someone that young being out in charge of something that enforcement. What is the minimum enlistment age anyway, 16?

When dog boys came out in 77 PA she would have been 15 years old so I am thinking lone star had introduced them as foot soldiers but it was the 88% approval received prior to Chairman>Emperor which reorganized them into the Dog Pack and put Psi Stalkers in charge of them.

Prior to the PRP there were no psi stalker enforcement agent, since there was no program to enforce, but I think that probably meant psi stalkers were just working other jobs until then. They probably wore normal armor and stuff, as the whole spiky look seems like a change they would have done to match the spiky dog pack armor.

Of course approval of the PRP and development of the PRP could be events separated by years... Even though Carol was in the development committee we don't necessarily know that she was on it from the start, how many years the committee worked, when it was founded, and how long it took to form it after the initial 88% approval from the people pushed for its necessity.

I'm wondering if anyone knows any details like this which I overlooked. I would love to see more CS timelines of bureaucracy and military restructuring.

Given that Vanguard has psychic agents I would love to see something like this in Disavowed, could easily see Mind Melter double agents working in the Vanguard while also confounding Psi-Net. It would help give a clearer view of how the CS changed over the decades.

Return to “Rifts®”