Fatigue rules?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

IronWarrior
D-Bee
Comment: Never give up, never surrender...unless there is food. -stares- Are you gonna eat that?
Location: on the road to Never Never Land or was it Oz. I can never remember.

Fatigue rules?

Unread post by IronWarrior »

i'm at a loss here. I know I've seen 'em somewhere but can't remember where. What book has rules for supernatural and mortal fatigue rates? I should say i been out of the game for a while and have just started up again. Any help would be appreciated.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Fatigue rules?

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I don't know why but my brain is thinking look in the HUGMG.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
IronWarrior
D-Bee
Comment: Never give up, never surrender...unless there is food. -stares- Are you gonna eat that?
Location: on the road to Never Never Land or was it Oz. I can never remember.

Unread post by IronWarrior »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I don't know why but my brain is thinking look in the HUGMG.

found it thanks and a few other things i been looking for
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

I remember some in RMB listed under P.E. got lost in the Ultimate shuffle.
Greepnak
Explorer

Unread post by Greepnak »

I think a regular person can fight for PE x1 rounds before fatigue. Supernatural PE is like PE x5 rounds or something like that. It's been a while, combats rarely go over like four rounds in my games thus far.

Too many rules really slows down an already slow system but there's fatigue stuff in one of the Mercenaries books.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

You mean "Soldier Skills and Endurance" from Merc Adventures pg 44?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Greepnak wrote:I think a regular person can fight for PE x1 rounds before fatigue. Supernatural PE is like PE x5 rounds or something like that. It's been a while, combats rarely go over like four rounds in my games thus far.

Too many rules really slows down an already slow system but there's fatigue stuff in one of the Mercenaries books.

Different beings with supernatural PE have different fatigue times listed. most of them can go for 6-8 hours without fatigue, dragons are permitted to go without food, water, or rest for months on end before fatigue sets in (but then they may nap a decade or two away, so really kinda comes out in the wash for them)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
42dragon
Explorer

Unread post by 42dragon »

Specific rules not that I know of. We have always just used the simple rule, you could go full out (top speed / combat) for 1min per PE point for regular (which is still a lot really, I can't run full speed for my PE in minutes unless my PE is like 0.5 or less), and 1hr per PE point for Supernatural. With certain creatures able to break the rules (dragons/faeries/AI/ect..)
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Rifts is more about rules fatigue than fatigue rules.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Johnathan
Adventurer

Unread post by Johnathan »

42dragon wrote:Specific rules not that I know of. We have always just used the simple rule, you could go full out (top speed / combat) for 1min per PE point for regular (which is still a lot really, I can't run full speed for my PE in minutes unless my PE is like 0.5 or less), and 1hr per PE point for Supernatural. With certain creatures able to break the rules (dragons/faeries/AI/ect..)

I'm going to have to side with Nekira on this one actually. Her and I participate in a game where several of the PCs were gifted with supernatural endurance. ONE of the characters, however, got a beefed up version of it (a sort of super supernatural endurance, akin to dragons). After about 30 minutes of debating just what supernatural endurance was and what it meant, we came to that ruling. Most of the characters can go for 6-ish hours without fatigue. That ONE character though pretty much does not tire and can continue to function for days without rest or sleep.

Case in point, this particular character has currently gone I think 3 days without sleep and shows no signs of slowing down.
Hotrod wrote:I haven't noticed saints getting the bad end of the bargain at all. Sure, a lot of them die in pain and poverty. A lot of jerks die in agony, betrayal, and humiliation, often taking their own lives rather than having to face the consequences of what they've done.
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

Johnathan wrote:
42dragon wrote:Specific rules not that I know of. We have always just used the simple rule, you could go full out (top speed / combat) for 1min per PE point for regular (which is still a lot really, I can't run full speed for my PE in minutes unless my PE is like 0.5 or less), and 1hr per PE point for Supernatural. With certain creatures able to break the rules (dragons/faeries/AI/ect..)

I'm going to have to side with Nekira on this one actually. Her and I participate in a game where several of the PCs were gifted with supernatural endurance. ONE of the characters, however, got a beefed up version of it (a sort of super supernatural endurance, akin to dragons). After about 30 minutes of debating just what supernatural endurance was and what it meant, we came to that ruling. Most of the characters can go for 6-ish hours without fatigue. That ONE character though pretty much does not tire and can continue to function for days without rest or sleep.

Case in point, this particular character has currently gone I think 3 days without sleep and shows no signs of slowing down.

I know in our campaigns PE governs physical endurance and ME covers Mental endurance so that person with the high physical endurance could say run for hours/days but nod off and fall asleep sooner if they have a low ME

Return to “Rifts®”