Ace Pilot OCCs?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

LostOne
Champion

Ace Pilot OCCs?

Unread post by LostOne »

What OCCs come to mind for crack pilots?

None are really coming to mind for me. Looking for one for a space campaign. Hoping for one that can pilot pretty much anything he sits in, and maybe gets some class abilities for that extra edge instead of just skill checks.

Edit: I did come up with the Turbo-Jockey from Phase World Sourcebook and Phaeton Juicer from JU. Any others?
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
taalismn
Priest

Re: Ace Pilot OCCs?

Unread post by taalismn »

CS "FlyBoy', though they're rather limited compared to what you;ve found already.
Cyborg Combat Pilot(Triax 2) but this is NGR-specific.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

There is a test pilot/barnstormer in RIfter #5.

There are a few racial categories that allow the character to pilot/merge with technology that might fit if you're interested.

Maybe the cyborg pilot from the second Triax/NGR book?

Tal beat me by 4 minutes on the cyborg. That's what I get for skimming books:)
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

taalismn wrote:CS "FlyBoy', though they're rather limited compared to what you;ve found already.

Just because the Cyborg Combat Pilot from Triax 2 is NGR specific doesn't mean that it can't be reskinned for an outer space adventure, if the GM is willing.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
LostOne
Champion

Unread post by LostOne »

dragonfett wrote:
taalismn wrote:CS "FlyBoy', though they're rather limited compared to what you;ve found already.

Just because the Cyborg Combat Pilot from Triax 2 is NGR specific doesn't mean that it can't be reskinned for an outer space adventure, if the GM is willing.

Agreed, easily done. If Triax has it, chances are some Phase World faction has an equivalent.
"But you can't make an omelet without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others." -Order of the Stick #760
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

The Drivejock from Manhunter is a pretty solid pilot OCC.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

The Fly Boy got me thinking about the Top Gun extra training option in Heroes of Humanity. Not an OCC, but maybe an add on to another pilot type?
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

LostOne wrote:What OCCs come to mind for crack pilots?

None are really coming to mind for me. Looking for one for a space campaign. Hoping for one that can pilot pretty much anything he sits in, and maybe gets some class abilities for that extra edge instead of just skill checks.

Edit: I did come up with the Turbo-Jockey from Phase World Sourcebook and Phaeton Juicer from JU. Any others?

OCCs? None that haven't been mentioned (and no others w/special piloting abilities come to mind other than DB6's FWC Air/Space Corps OCC). RCCs now that is a bit wider net:
-Zebuloid RCC DB5 pg62-4, alien Pilot Savants (natural base ability even untrained, a high bonus to all skilled). They can select some OCCs. Note they are non-humanoid, so you might not be able to pilot everything.
-Psi-Tech RCC (WB12 pg74-6), their class abilities (Telemechanics for free, Soup-up machines, and Mental link to machines) can make them a decent pilot, but they don't have as wide as dedicated piloting skills but their Psychic powers should off set that allowing them to operate vehicles without skills. You could duplicate the power set to a large extent by taking a separate class and rolling/selecting psionic powers (note you need to be able to select Super).
-The Robot RCC (SB1o/r) with the proper selection could pilot just about anything (8 piloting skills per Program, some limitations do apply)
-Malvoren (DBoNA pg138142) is another option as they can meld w/machines, and even power them (though they prefer combat machines). Machine person (DB2) are similar, but would be ideal RPA pilots (other types not so much by a literal reading).

Cybernetic options also exist, such as the Cyberlink Vehicle Interfacing (Bionics SB pg54-5, taken from Warlords of Russia).

It probably would help to also know what you mean by "anything", does it include PA? 'Bots, vehicles, etc. Do you include TW vehicles, etc.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

LostOne wrote:What OCCs come to mind for crack pilots?

The NG bush pilot OCC from NG1 basically has the fly all of the things skill option.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Oh and I think in heroes of humanity there is an advanced training option package for military OCC that is basically top gun where it gives you ace pilot type stuff.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

In a time long long ago, in a age far far away, during the 90's, the Fanzine "Protoculture Addicts" they did print a Pilot Ace mod. for RT chars. (totally un-official)
However, the the min stats were 18 PP and 18 perception (a stat they invented in the previous issue).
It gave a bonus to strike vs 'known' opponents.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Rifts®”