Exo-Skeletons

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RubberBoot
D-Bee

Exo-Skeletons

Unread post by RubberBoot »

I'm looking at compiling a list of exo-skeletons throughout Rifts and Phase world and was wondering if anyone remember any off the top of their head

i have the NE-BA-55 "Super-solder" Exoskeleton Heavy Battle Armour from Dimension book 8 but I know they are scattered throughout the books any help would be awesome thanks
Shark_Force
Palladin

Re: Exo-Skeletons

Unread post by Shark_Force »

there's a body armour in triax 1.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

NG Gladius Exoskeleton (Mercs)

CA-6EX Exoskeleton Body Armor (CS War Campaign)

T-11 Enhanced (Triax 1)

T-1011-X2 "Cyclops Booster" - adds an exoskeleton to T-10 and T-11 armor (and the T-11 already has an exoskeleton... i think someone writing this book didn't realize that). - Triax 2

T-25 "Uber" Super-Exoskeleton (Triax 2)

I think there's a Chipwell suit somewhere that is just an exoskeleton, as well, but im not going to go looking for it tonight.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Chaos Earth has the Firefighting suit.

Russia has the Bear suit and the Wing Rider PA which is close the the edge of exoskeleton/PA to me.

WB8 Rfts Japan has the Sumo suit.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Since y'all delivered those in the Rifts setting…

There are several basic/generic Exo-skelotons in the equipment section in HU:AU (both org.& revised).
defining basic model: just the basics of the power level model w/o any bells and whistles. Which need to be bought also from the same section.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

RubberBoot wrote:I'm looking at compiling a list of exo-skeletons throughout Rifts and Phase world and was wondering if anyone remember any off the top of their head

i have the NE-BA-55 "Super-solder" Exoskeleton Heavy Battle Armour from Dimension book 8 but I know they are scattered throughout the books any help would be awesome thanks

Well technically most power armor is exo skeletons.

But I think you are going for the stuff sub that level more like the gladius.

NG gladius
CS has a version built into their heavy gunner armor
Triax has this on their heavy body armors as an option
There is a set of this in warlords of russia I don't recall which book it is in.

Those are the ones that jump out at me but a lot of the lighter power armor falls near this so it blends a bit.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Exo-skeleton body armor does not require a pilot skill, which would seem to be the main difference between an Exo-armor and a light PA. (even in cases like the Triax Terrain Hopper PA, which visually has little to distinguish itself from an Exo-EBA.)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
HWalsh
Hero

Unread post by HWalsh »

Okay, since nobody else sourced it:

Body Armor with an Exo-Frame
NG-EX10 Gladius (Mercenaries pg 101-102)
T-1011-X2 Cyclops Booster (Triax 2 pg 107-108)
T-25 Uber (Triax 2 pg 108)
NE-BA-55 Super-Soldier (Naruni Wave 2 pg 41)
CA-6EX Armor (Coalition War Campaign pg 102)

I know that there is one in the Triax 1 book, but I don't have that one so I can't source it.

Notable Mention:
MM-61 Minsky (Warlords of Russia pg 176-177) isn't body armor with an exo-frame. It is a power armor.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

HWalsh wrote:Okay, since nobody else sourced it:

Body Armor with an Exo-Frame
NG-EX10 Gladius (Mercenaries pg 101-102)
T-1011-X2 Cyclops Booster (Triax 2 pg 107-108)
T-25 Uber (Triax 2 pg 108)
NE-BA-55 Super-Soldier (Naruni Wave 2 pg 41)
CA-6EX Armor (Coalition War Campaign pg 102)

I know that there is one in the Triax 1 book, but I don't have that one so I can't source it.

Notable Mention:
MM-61 Minsky (Warlords of Russia pg 176-177) isn't body armor with an exo-frame. It is a power armor.

... all of those were "sourced" already.

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:NG Gladius Exoskeleton (Mercs)

CA-6EX Exoskeleton Body Armor (CS War Campaign)

T-11 Enhanced (Triax 1)

T-1011-X2 "Cyclops Booster" - adds an exoskeleton to T-10 and T-11 armor (and the T-11 already has an exoskeleton... i think someone writing this book didn't realize that). - Triax 2

T-25 "Uber" Super-Exoskeleton (Triax 2)

I think there's a Chipwell suit somewhere that is just an exoskeleton, as well, but im not going to go looking for it tonight.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
HWalsh
Hero

Unread post by HWalsh »

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:... all of those were "sourced" already.

Sourcing calls for page numbers usually.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

HWalsh wrote:

The first one was just a reference to the book the second was citing a direct page. Even though the first one mentioned them the second one showed the exact location was a superior source.

So while Colonel Tetsuya did mention them, the second person cited them. I like the Cite more than the book reference.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

HWalsh wrote:

Citations call for page numbers.

Sourcing something merely tells you the source.

It's not that complicated, except apparently on the Palladium forums.
Books
D-Bee

Unread post by Books »

Chipwell CAI-50 Challenger Light Combat Armor; Rifts Mercenaries, Page 144.
Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Books wrote:Chipwell CAI-50 Challenger Light Combat Armor; Rifts Mercenaries, Page 144.

Yeah i was pretty sure there was a Chipwell suit, i just couldnt remember if it was in Mercs or in Merc Ops or one of the later books.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:
Books wrote:Chipwell CAI-50 Challenger Light Combat Armor; Rifts Mercenaries, Page 144.

Yeah i was pretty sure there was a Chipwell suit, i just couldnt remember if it was in Mercs or in Merc Ops or one of the later books.

Well that kind of happens when you just make vague references to books without checking them.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
HWalsh
Hero

Unread post by HWalsh »

It is worth noting that the Chipwell Suit, however, provides no benefits to the wearer aside from Run Speed and Leaping. It doesn't possess the same kinds of benefits as other Exo-Equipped armors.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

HWalsh wrote:It is worth noting that the Chipwell Suit, however, provides no benefits to the wearer aside from Run Speed and Leaping. It doesn't possess the same kinds of benefits as other Exo-Equipped armors.

sounds like it is a "legs only" system, like the IRL HULC exoskeleton.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Rifts®”