WB 3: England: No see invisibility potion effect described

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

sardonislamir
D-Bee

WB 3: England: No see invisibility potion effect described

Unread post by sardonislamir »

I need arbitration assistance. Rifts WB3 England page 33 shows a list of herb effects and that See the Invisible is made by Carline Thistle. However, the only entry for Carline Thistle is page 28 talking about using it to make a stave/wand of predict storms. There is no mention of the Carline Thistle potion.

I've searched but can't find an errata or FAQ.

Any assistance on a reprint or transcription? I need to know the PPE cost and duration.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Re: WB 3: England: No see invisibility potion effect describ

Unread post by Mack »

I checked the Book of Magic, and it's missing from there as well.

My recommendation would be to look at the other potions in that section that do have a duration and either pick a similar potion's duration, or take an average of them all.

Mandrake Root has a couple of similar potions (Empathy & Telepathy) and both have a duration of 3D4 minutes. That seems like a good enough answer.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
sardonislamir
D-Bee

Unread post by sardonislamir »

Found out that the Entry is listed wrong. Castor oil(Bean) is the entry that describes the see invisibility potion. It is right below the Carline Thistle too. Go figure.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Not noticing stuff like that reminds me of how I never got to play a Gargoyle Mage Herbalist :(

Castor SeeTheInvisible potions would be pretty valuable commodities for the Empire considering how Lords/Mages/Gargoylites can all turn invisible at will yet none of the species has any See the Invisible power.

Talismans are an option but the spell has a range limit while the effect of this potion doesn't, like a racial natural ability, which is important for long range pursuit or combat against invisible foes.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Axelmania wrote:Not noticing stuff like that reminds me of how I never got to play a Gargoyle Mage Herbalist :(

Castor SeeTheInvisible potions would be pretty valuable commodities for the Empire considering how Lords/Mages/Gargoylites can all turn invisible at will yet none of the species has any See the Invisible power.

Talismans are an option but the spell has a range limit while the effect of this potion doesn't, like a racial natural ability, which is important for long range pursuit or combat against invisible foes.

could've swore many gargoyles had psionic powers, which could potentially include see the invisible, couldn't it?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Shark_Force wrote:
Axelmania wrote:Not noticing stuff like that reminds me of how I never got to play a Gargoyle Mage Herbalist :(

could've swore many gargoyles had psionic powers, which could potentially include see the invisible, couldn't it?

They do, but the psionics are the same for each gargoyle. No variance or ability to choose
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Shark_Force
Palladin

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:

They do, but the psionics are the same for each gargoyle. No variance or ability to choose

ah, ok.

well, in that case they would probably buy TW goggles from atlantis or something, at least for the ones in the NGR.
Axelmania
Knight

If you have goggles then your ability to see the enemy is less of a surprise!

If you're wearing goggles anyway then going with infrared might be easier.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Axelmania wrote:If you have goggles then your ability to see the enemy is less of a surprise!

If you're wearing goggles anyway then going with infrared might be easier.

i would expect that mostly to come from mindwerks in the form of bionic eye upgrades, personally.
Axelmania
Knight

I could see Brodkil doing that, can't recall if Gurgoyles can get those upgrades as freely.
J_cobbers
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by J_cobbers »

Axelmania wrote:I could see Brodkil doing that, can't recall if Gurgoyles can get those upgrades as freely.

I wanted to say can't get cybernetics because they regenerate too fast and will generally reject cybernetics, but on reading pg 196 of Triax and the NGR apparently they can (very small blurb about it on the top right hand column), which jives wiht them being able to get Mindwerks MOM implants from SB3.
My contribution to the world shall be a meat based vegitable subsitute.
This message brought to you by the Rifts (R) Ogre Party of North America (TM).
Vote Ogre Party 2016, "A 4th Human Baby in Every Pot!"(C)
"Make Babies Taste Great Again"(C)
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

sardonislamir wrote:I need arbitration assistance. Rifts WB3 England page 33 shows a list of herb effects and that See the Invisible is made by Carline Thistle. However, the only entry for Carline Thistle is page 28 talking about using it to make a stave/wand of predict storms. There is no mention of the Carline Thistle potion.

I've searched but can't find an errata or FAQ.

Any assistance on a reprint or transcription? I need to know the PPE cost and duration.

It is there it is just invisible.

Return to “Rifts®”