Madhaven

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the White Rose!!!

Madhaven

Unread post by HarleeKnight »

How do the Mystic Knights of the White Rose get in and out of the Garden with their mounts and/or vehicles?

Walking in is not possible due to the Curtain, so how do they do it? The Gateways can teleport them out along with 100 or 200 lbs. of gear, but their mounts and/or vehicles weigh significantly more than 100 or 200 lbs. We're talking horses, robot horses, phantom wolves, ruin lizards, warbirds, dragon cats, and conventional vehicles... the text doesn't actually explain getting in or out with these, so I'm wondering what all you all think.
There are two kinds of people in this world... 1: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Madhaven

Unread post by eliakon »

HarleeKnight wrote:How do the Mystic Knights of the White Rose get in and out of the Garden with their mounts and/or vehicles?

Walking in is not possible due to the Curtain, so how do they do it? The Gateways can teleport them out along with 100 or 200 lbs. of gear, but their mounts and/or vehicles weigh significantly more than 100 or 200 lbs. We're talking horses, robot horses, phantom wolves, ruin lizards, warbirds, dragon cats, and conventional vehicles... the text doesn't actually explain getting in or out with these, so I'm wondering what all you all think.

Either they
1) use a Plot Hole
or more likely
2) have a second smaller base that has the garage and stables (how I run it)

The second base would also be their 'cut out' for when the inevitable PC reveals the organization and the rest of the Knights come looking for them.
If there is a hidden base for the Knights to find and destroy then they stop looking sooner than if they can never find the base...
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

HarleeKnight wrote:How do the Mystic Knights of the White Rose get in and out of the Garden with their mounts and/or vehicles?

Mounts tend to require a bit of space to stable, so are likely not kept in their home. They may also have a way to get out besides teleporting that was not covered.

Mounts and vehicles they use when they leave might not even be raised by the knights but traded for when they leave then handed off to a new group when they are ready to return.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

They use one of their other teleportation / portal spells. Look under item 5 on a page 34.

For example, they can cast Teleportation: Superior for only 100 PPE (down from 600). And it has a 'payload' of 1,000 pounds per level.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

That was the Gate Knights who could do that if I recall.

Circle of Travel.cheaper still at 30 or 60 and I can't see a weight limit.

Return to “Rifts®”