Heroes of Humanity just made my head nearly explode

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the White Rose!!!

Heroes of Humanity just made my head nearly explode

Unread post by HarleeKnight »

Arzno practically joined the CS telling 51% of it's citizens, "To Hell with you and all we have stood for, Emperor Prozec is our guy."
The reason I say this is because they were listed along with Northern Gun and Free Quebec, and both NG & FQ were later explained to be active allies. None of the other magic states were in this list; they are explained as occasionally fighting alongside but not as active allies. Now granted, Arzno was listed as "throwing their lot in with the CS" in only one sentence and as far as I could see, that was the only place in the whole book that they are even mentioned. Still, extrapolating from what else the book says, that means being an active ally... WTH Arzno!?

Another thing it mentions is that the Republicans have control over the sleeping NEMA soldiers... when did that happen? Did I miss a book somewhere covering this? I was under the impression that Archie 3 had control over them and was fighting a war with the Republicans.

Last thing, while I love the artwork, I mean really... it was amazing, why is everyone on the cover using old style armor, weapons, and SAMAS?
There are two kinds of people in this world... 1: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
HWalsh
Hero

Re: Heroes of Humanity just made my head nearly explode

Unread post by HWalsh »

HarleeKnight wrote:Arzno practically joined the CS telling 51% of it's citizens, "To Hell with you and all we have stood for, Emperor Prozec is our guy."
The reason I say this is because they were listed along with Northern Gun and Free Quebec, and both NG & FQ were later explained to be active allies. None of the other magic states were in this list; they are explained as occasionally fighting alongside but not as active allies. Now granted, Arzno was listed as "throwing their lot in with the CS" in only one sentence and as far as I could see, that was the only place in the whole book that they are even mentioned. Still, extrapolating from what else the book says, that means being an active ally... WTH Arzno!?

Another thing it mentions is that the Republicans have control over the sleeping NEMA soldiers... when did that happen? Did I miss a book somewhere covering this? I was under the impression that Archie 3 had control over them and was fighting a war with the Republicans.

Last thing, while I love the artwork, I mean really... it was amazing, why is everyone on the cover using old style armor, weapons, and SAMAS?

Because the Republicans now have the sleeping soldiers it seems that means that they beat Archie Three. We'll find out more in Haunted Tech I suppose.
HWalsh
Hero

Unread post by HWalsh »

If they beat Archie then that could mean the CS is in trouble. It is possible that the Republicans, with that kind of extra firepower, and the fact that they have spies on the insider of seemingly everywhere, that they could legitimately be a threat to the Coalition States.

I for one hope so. I want to see the CS taken down a peg canonically so badly I can taste it.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

HarleeKnight wrote:Arzno practically joined the CS telling 51% of it's citizens, "To Hell with you and all we have stood for, Emperor Prozec is our guy."

I figure you got that from the 49% humans on page 32 of World Book 28, but there are 5% Psi-Stalkers in addition to that which the CS is fair enough towards, so it's more like 54%... plus then there's the 3% mutant animals (mostly from Lone Star) who could also be supportive.

Also do we know what year WB28 represents vs what year HOH represents? It's possible the demographics could have shifted during that time, with D-Bees leaving or humans arriving.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I think that it's more likely that it's merely flavor text. That the indication was that they stood with the forces arrayed against he Deevil and Demonic invaders. More than the city actually joined the CS or anything of that nature.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Axelmania
Knight

Remember when the Coalition States joined the Kingdom of Lazlo because they defended Erin Tarn from a Lorica Wraith?
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Axelmania wrote:

I figure you got that from the 49% humans on page 32 of World Book 28, but there are 5% Psi-Stalkers in addition to that which the CS is fair enough towards, so it's more like 54%... plus then there's the 3% mutant animals (mostly from Lone Star) who could also be supportive.

Also do we know what year WB28 represents vs what year HOH represents? It's possible the demographics could have shifted during that time, with D-Bees leaving or humans arriving.

The 3% mutant animals are feral and would be put down.
You both forgot to take into account the % of the population that are magic users, if that is how you got the numbers.
But I think it is more about flavor text about who was major contributing significant forces to the fighting the demons with the CS.
Lazlo tends to be less militaristic in description and may not have had significant national military force to send.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Axelmania
Knight

Whoops, 32 was Arzno Territory. P35 "City of Arzno" is 53% human 8% Psi-Stalker, so a more solid 61% there. Only 2% mutant animals.

What makes you think they're Ferals instead of Freeborn? I could see the CS accepting Freeborns as long as they didn't know anything dangerous like literacy, or could be Mind Wiped of it.

Not sure where to look to find which portion of population is mages.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Axelmania wrote:Whoops, 32 was Arzno Territory. P35 "City of Arzno" is 53% human 8% Psi-Stalker, so a more solid 61% there. Only 2% mutant animals.

What makes you think they're Ferals instead of Freeborn? I could see the CS accepting Freeborns as long as they didn't know anything dangerous like literacy, or could be Mind Wiped of it.

Not sure where to look to find which portion of population is mages.

Free born are treated as ferals unless they are so young they can go through CS indoctorine program and come out untainted by free life. Any mutant animal not part of the CS would be treated the same as a feral once they reach adult hood.(Because they have learned to think for themselves) Only the babies have a chance of being taken in. (Sorry this is not a case that the CS would be kind and gentle about.)

Now of that 61% how many are magic uses or dbee friendly?
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

Unread post by Kelorin »

The Republicans woke the sleepers? Did they defeat ARCHIE, circumvent ARCHIE or reason with ARCHIE to convince him that the Demon/Deevil threat was sufficiently great as to justify waking them?
Apollo Okamura wrote:Kelorin WINZ!! :-)
TechnoGothic wrote:Kelorin WINZ!!
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Damn, so the sleepers are awake? In my games the sleepers no longer exist and neither A.R.C.H.I.E. nor the Republicans know that. The "cache" of Glitterboy's that Free Quebec found in its early days was actually the sleepers' equipment, and their attempts to revive the sleepers killed them.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i'd say that with Arzno it is more of an "Enemy of my Enemy" deal.. they aren't allying with the CS, they just know the Demon invasions are a bad situation and thus are gearing up to help fight it.. even if it means anyone they send up risks being shot up by the CS as well as Demons.

in regards to the Sleepers.. oy, that is one plot line i'd rather have stayed on ice for awhile. but from a damage control standpoint.. who says they got the whole army? it may be that they managed to awaken just one group, say a couple hundred with a few higher officers and maybe a government official or two. not enough to really be an 'army'.. but enough to give the Republicans some Cadre and maybe make them a bit bolder.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
HWalsh
Hero

Unread post by HWalsh »

glitterboy2098 wrote:i'd say that with Arzno it is more of an "Enemy of my Enemy" deal.. they aren't allying with the CS, they just know the Demon invasions are a bad situation and thus are gearing up to help fight it.. even if it means anyone they send up risks being shot up by the CS as well as Demons.

in regards to the Sleepers.. oy, that is one plot line i'd rather have stayed on ice for awhile. but from a damage control standpoint.. who says they got the whole army? it may be that they managed to awaken just one group, say a couple hundred with a few higher officers and maybe a government official or two. not enough to really be an 'army'.. but enough to give the Republicans some Cadre and maybe make them a bit bolder.

I disagree. I hope they awoke the whole army and I hope they are ready to take the fight to the CS.

I'd sell my left leg (its not good for anything anymore anyway) to see a book that proclaims that the Republicans deposed Prosek and took control of the CS and that Prosek Jr. seized another part of the CS and now the CS is locked in civil war with itself.
HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler

Actually, pg. 72 says, "Do they dare to finally reveal themselves and unleash the NEMA forces that have been held in suspended animation these many centuries. Are things really that desperate? And if they do so, would it really make a difference? For now, this is a matter of considerable discussion while the group takes less extreme action to help."
It doesn't mention them having awoken anybody yet... or how they got ahold of them to begin with.
There are two kinds of people in this world... 1: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
Kelorin
Adventurer

Unread post by Kelorin »

HWalsh wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:i'd say that with Arzno it is more of an "Enemy of my Enemy" deal.. they aren't allying with the CS, they just know the Demon invasions are a bad situation and thus are gearing up to help fight it.. even if it means anyone they send up risks being shot up by the CS as well as Demons.

I disagree. I hope they awoke the whole army and I hope they are ready to take the fight to the CS.

I'd sell my left leg (its not good for anything anymore anyway) to see a book that proclaims that the Republicans deposed Prosek and took control of the CS and that Prosek Jr. seized another part of the CS and now the CS is locked in civil war with itself.

Maybe they're awake, but not yet fully alert. Look for the Republicans to recruit a nautical based PC group to make a run down to Columbia to pickup an insane amount of coffee.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

War makes strange bedfellows. Throwing their lot in does not mean they became a new member state and killed all the d-bees, just that they have some level of co-operation.

Remember, the CS is also stated to be more willing to work with D-bees and men of magic to fight the greater threat (actual demons as opposed to metaphorical ones)
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Blue_Lion
Knight

Nekira Sudacne wrote:War makes strange bedfellows. Throwing their lot in does not mean they became a new member state and killed all the d-bees, just that they have some level of co-operation.

Remember, the CS is also stated to be more willing to work with D-bees and men of magic to fight the greater threat (actual demons as opposed to metaphorical ones)

Correct while the average grunts are typically conditoned to distrust and attack, CS rangers and SF are said to be more proned to work with Dbees and mages.

So it is likely even fighting though fighting the same War unless the main CS body is in danger the forces of Anzo are fighting a second coordinated front. Most likely in junction with CS rangers and SF to divide enemy resources.

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Actually, Heros of humanity says even the rank and file are starting to do so more and more frequently, to the point of secretly keeping magic items and weapons becoming both more common and tacitly overlooked by command so long as they hand it over when caught and they can muster a half decent excuse for why they forgot to turn it in already, even for grunts.

Like most armies in a fight for mere survival, they are finding not-dying more important than their ideals, and those beleifs are being strained near the breaking point.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Blue_Lion wrote:
Axelmania wrote:

You both forgot to take into account the % of the population that are magic users, if that is how you got the numbers.
But I think it is more about flavor text about who was major contributing significant forces to the fighting the demons with the CS.
Lazlo tends to be less militaristic in description and may not have had significant national military force to send.

The mutant animals wouldn't be put down. They'd be accepted with open arms. HoH is clear about this. Any runaway mutants that wish to return can with out punishment. Any free borns also can join with out question.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Nekira's quite right. Not only is it happening but on a mass scale.

Guys the book goes on about this exact topic for pages. It's not 'Will they'.

They ARE. Period. It's 'what will happen after the demons are gone??"

Axelmania
Knight

Pepsi do you recall what HoH page for the muties? Good to know CS policy was amended.
HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler

Axelmania wrote:Pepsi do you recall what HoH page for the muties? Good to know CS policy was amended.

Last of pg. 8 and into pg. 9
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Thanks for not making me look it up Harlee. lol

Long story Short. Full amnesty to all mutant animals. Accepted with open arms.

More so, with a few minute exceptions full amnesty to all non mutants deemed enemies of the state or Criminals, if they sign up to fight. (And agree to CS rule/law).

Now the catch is.... you're put on the front line nigh on instantly. Good luck!

Axelmania
Knight

Recall anything about human mutants? Particularly interested in those with super powers aside from the Psi-Ghost.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Not off the top of my head.

The CS is taking all (Human) Comers, and any and all mutant animal ones, pretty much no questions asked.

Got experience and gear? Join up, You can stay with your buddies. You can use your non standard gear. We'll take you. We'll put you on the front lines to die first but we'll take you. Maybe with a CS handler with a leash but sure. Sign up. Mass murdering criminal? Come, vow to follow CS law and go murder some demons.

As for Human mutants, superpowers and stuff. No. Not IN the CS forces, but those would get lumped in with Lazlo and the other "Non Demon forces" If you're killing demons, go kill demons. We won't stop you, if any of us are alive AFTER the war, that might change but for now, every demon you Dbees and Mages kill, is one less we have to kill. If they kill you... well. That's one less we have to worry about.

Signifigant page count is devoted to the "Average CS troop, seeing an opinion OTHER than CS Propaganda." and how it's distressing to the high command, but there's little they can do about it just now.

Only thing that's keeping high command from totally flipping their spit, is that most of them are going to die in the war anyway... so ... less to worry about there.

Kinda like the massssssive juicer upswing. When most are going to die, you don't have to 'worry' about it. make 100,000 juicers if 90,000 die.... that leaves you with 10,000

And the way they're going, the ones that DO live just get sent back out over and over and over. Dumb luck sooner or later catches up.

One note of interest, there's the firm statement that someone having like 75%(Don't quote me on the actual percentage but it's high) of their body burned away by MD weaponry can be saved on the battle field, taken out of battle, and given a full borg conversion. CS troops sign up BEFORE they go into battle to give permission (Or not) For that. It's high among juicers but other troops as well.

That is something that hasn't really come out before. A high percentage of damage to the human body and it's standard practice to pick up what's left, stablize it and get it to a field hospital that can turn you into a combat borg, no problem. That's an ASTOUNDING level of medical ability.

Just one of the little notes in the book that are great.

Make sure you catch he part about the CS reserves and support levies as well. Awesome RP potential there.

HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler

Axelmania wrote:Recall anything about human mutants? Particularly interested in those with super powers aside from the Psi-Ghost.

Psychics are all accepted and welcome except for Mind Bleeders, they are considered enemies of the CS. Psi-Warriors are a Psyscape thing so they are unknown to the CS. Psi Stalkers can choose to undergo Juicer transformation. Pretty much if it's human, even mutated human or mutant animal they are welcome, as long as you follow the rules.
Added bonus, psychics get to wear a cool cloak in colors matching your OCC.
Blue_Lion
Knight

HarleeKnight wrote:
Axelmania wrote:Recall anything about human mutants? Particularly interested in those with super powers aside from the Psi-Ghost.

Psychics are all accepted and welcome except for Mind Bleeders, they are considered enemies of the CS. Psi-Warriors are a Psyscape thing so they are unknown to the CS. Psi Stalkers can choose to undergo Juicer transformation. Pretty much if it's human, even mutated human or mutant animal they are welcome, as long as you follow the rules.

No only mutant animals that belong to the CS are accepted all others are treated as ferals and put down. Not all human mutants are accepted the auto-G is suppose to be a human mutant it is not welcomed, the Psi-X aliens are not welcomed. The only mutant humans accepted are psi and Psystalker both have special regulations regarding them.

Axelmania
Knight

>Psi-Warriors are a Psyscape thing so they are unknown to the CS

Pretty sure I recall Psi-Bat Alpha being 10% Psi Warriors. Psyscape isn't the only place they are trained. They are also trained in Potomkane, probably where CS got theirs.

Pg 146 for 10% pg 76 for Potomkane. Near ruins of Kettering. Can't recall which CS State is closest to Ohio.

Being originally devised by leaders at Psyscape is merely a legend.

Being a surviving part of Psyscape legacy is merely a belief. No evidence to prove it.

Did Aftermath introduce some revelation that caused Alpha Battalion to kill all theirs off?
Blue_Lion
Knight

Axelmania wrote:>Psi-Warriors are a Psyscape thing so they are unknown to the CS

Pretty sure I recall Psi-Bat Alpha being 10% Psi Warriors. Psyscape isn't the only place they are trained. They are also trained in Potomkane, probably where CS got theirs.

Pg 146 for 10% pg 76 for Potomkane. Near ruins of Kettering. Can't recall which CS State is closest to Ohio.

Being a surviving part of Psyscape legacy is merely a belief. No evidence to prove it.

Did Aftermath introduce some revelation that caused Alpha Battalion to kill all theirs off?

Well I read aftermath but for the life of me I do not recall ever hearing of Psi Alpha Battalion so I am going to say no.
The closest CS state is Chi town territory.

HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler

Blue_Lion wrote:
HarleeKnight wrote:

No only mutant animals that belong to the CS are accepted all others are treated as ferals and put down. Not all human mutants are accepted the auto-G is suppose to be a human mutant it is not welcomed, the Psi-X aliens are not welcomed. The only mutant humans accepted are psi and Psystalker both have special regulations regarding them.

Do you have any page citations to back up your contradictions of what was already established?

Axelmania wrote:>Psi-Warriors are a Psyscape thing so they are unknown to the CS

HoH, pg. 153, half way up on right side...
"Psi-Warriors are not known to exist in the Coalition military. They are a creation of Psyscape."
Blue_Lion
Knight

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:
Axelmania wrote:

The mutant animals wouldn't be put down. They'd be accepted with open arms. HoH is clear about this. Any runaway mutants that wish to return can with out punishment. Any free borns also can join with out question.

Oh that is new, that is a deviation from the normal CS policy, is it do to the need for bodies for this conflict and will it remain after the threat is gone.

Blue_Lion
Knight

HarleeKnight wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:
HarleeKnight wrote:

Do you have any page citations to back up your contradictions of what was already established?

HoH, pg. 153, half way up on right side...
"Psi-Warriors are not known to exist in the Coalition military. They are a creation of Psyscape."

The psiX aliens are in loan star as is the policy on mutant humans. Give me a few days and I will have page numbers for you.
Loan star also talks about free born mutant animals. Think Auto G was published in SOT 6 as human mutation. And other mutant humans are covered in I believe conversion book 1. Give me a few days to get home and I will provide the requested quotes.

Since when is the CS not accepting mutants not the norm to me the claim they take in mutant humans is outside the norm of CS?

Axelmania
Knight

HarleeKnight wrote:HoH, pg. 153, half way up on right side...

I would take this to only mean that Psyscape originally created the Psi-Warrior class as rumoured, not that they are the only ones who train them, since obviously there are 2 locations on Earth which train them too.

As for "not known to exist" the question is "known by whom".

If this means the CS enemies, it could simply mean that the CS uses them as top-secret special forces that others don't know about. Probably because they are trained by a non-CS town (unless there's been later news about Potomkane/Kettering) and CS wants everyone to believe they alone train their troops.

Also, when they say "in the Coalition military" is it possible they're talking about the standard army format which the Psi-Battalion might be outside of?

Psyscape 141 mentions "In the first few years that Psi-Battalion existed as a Secondary Military Division of Special Operations" so it sort of implies it's no longer the case.

144 and 145 hint at separation too:
    "the members of Psi Battalion (and all worthy Army psychics)"
    "the special agents of Psi-Battalion and psychic soldiers in the Military are considered to be loyal patriots"

If all agents of Psi-Battalion were considered to be solders in the military then identifying them separately like that would be repetitive.

Psi-Bat does include soldiers as 145 does later say "the psychic soldiers of Psi-Battalion" but I'm not sure if that's considered "Coalition military" or not. Psi-Bat is in charge of policing psychic military personnel (which I guess means that Psi-Net deals with the non-military?) so aren't you usually separated from the normal structure to police it effectively?

Another explanation might be that "Coalition army" could refer to military troops in service to the Coalition States as a whole. The various Psi-Bats appear to be broken into divisions that might serve states individually. Alpha (which was becoming Psi-Division) might be part of the "Chi-Town military" as opposed to the "Coalition military", just as Beta might be considered part of the "Lone Star army".

I'm not sure on that though, does anyone recall any instances of state-specific army designates?

145 mentions "440 Master Psychics in the Regular army" so I'm thinking statements like "Coalition army" could be intended to mean "the Regular army" and not the (irregular) Psi-Bats.

It could also be that the Psi-Warriors in Alpha Battalion were moved into some other non-military placing (perhaps NTSET or Psi-Net which I think functions more like police than military) or sent into the world to help the CS as disconnected agents. Or maybe they just died and the CS wasn't able to recruit from Potomkane anymore for some reason.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Blue_Lion wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:
Axelmania wrote:

Oh that is new, that is a deviation from the normal CS policy, is it do to the need for bodies for this conflict and will it remain after the threat is gone.

Yes. They're deviating alot from normal CS policy. You should get the book. Might blow your mind.

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

As a note on the Psi warriors, you're both right. The previous book included them in one stat percentage for a break down of the psi Bat.

Then some where along the line someone went 'Wait a minute, that's stupid, they wouldn't be there" and it was later fixed. It's that simple. Someone thought it'd be cool to include them in a previous book with out thinking of their making or origin. It was fixed later. It's not deep, there's not like secret CS training facilities that have ferreted out secret Psi scape training methods etc ad infin.

Someone made the list of Psi classes they like and didn't remember the "MAKING" of psi warriors. So later when someone wrote the next book they were simply taken out.

Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

Heros for humanity says "Do they dare finally reveal themselves and unleash the NEMA forces from suspended animation these many centuries . "

I don't think they could do that without making a play for control of ARCHIE.
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

CS is outside humans and Mutant Animals which have the there own rules have gone to a field command don't ask don't tell policy, as long as objectives are completed the use of unoffical forces to do so will not be asked about. I can certianly see Vanguard trying their best to put forth magic as a tool during this Campaign in effort.
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Riftmaker wrote:Heros for humanity says "Do they dare finally reveal themselves and unleash the NEMA forces from suspended animation these many centuries . "

Sounds like they havent even secured the site from archie, rather that they are now considering an open assualt on archies main bases to take control and be able to thaw them out.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Kelorin
Adventurer

Unread post by Kelorin »

glitterboy2098 wrote:
Riftmaker wrote:Heros for humanity says "Do they dare finally reveal themselves and unleash the NEMA forces from suspended animation these many centuries . "

Sounds like they havent even secured the site from archie, rather that they are now considering an open assualt on archies main bases to take control and be able to thaw them out.

Considering the number of robots available to ARCHIE, a direct, unassisted assault would be suicide for the Republicans. The way I read that statement is: Do they reveal themselves AND their shared history with ARCHIE to secure help in defeating ARCHIE to take control of the complex and in turn release the NEMA sleepers.
Saitou Hajime
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Hardcore Palladium Fan
Gun Lover
Canadian eh?

Unread post by Saitou Hajime »

Kelorin wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:

Considering the number of robots available to ARCHIE, a direct, unassisted assault would be suicide for the Republicans. The way I read that statement is: Do they reveal themselves AND their shared history with ARCHIE to secure help in defeating ARCHIE to take control of the complex and in turn release the NEMA sleepers.

silly question where does it say ARCHIE has control of any sleepers?
Subjugator wrote:I got my first job at age 12 (maybe 11, but I think 12) and worked more or less continuously until today. I had to so I could eat properly. Doing so as a kid detracted from my educational experience, which was bad enough to begin with . . .

Gingrich is wrong.

/Sub
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Sb1r. The east coast nema survivors and most of what was left of the government put 30000 people into cold sleep, with Archie in charge of waking them after the cataclysm 'settled down'. Then Archie kept seating the waking, then after gaining sentience, has pretty much decided to never wake them since they'd take over all his stuff and turn him back into a mere computer. The republicans are the descendants of the nema trips that didn't become sleepers, and they are in secret war with Archie because Archie refused to wake the sleepers or give the Republicans control or the factories, etc. Archie retaliated to an attempt by the republicansto force control by wiping out the Washington DC base. This all long before the cs existed. The ploys with the chitown library, the fq GB factory, etc were all done after that to try and get the republicans groups they could manipulate to obtain supplies from once Archie stopped supplying them. Both ploys backfired on the republicans big time

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Axelmania
Knight

Pepsi Jedi wrote:As a note on the Psi warriors, you're both right. The previous book included them in one stat percentage for a break down of the psi Bat.

Then some where along the line someone went 'Wait a minute, that's stupid, they wouldn't be there" and it was later fixed.

KS wrote both books, and a change between pre-SoT Psyscape and post-SoT Heroes of Humanity doesn't necessarily mean it's a "fix".

For all we know the CS wanted more Psi-Warriors but all theirs got killed. The statement about Psyscape origins might make it possible that its association with aliens made it unwanted (like how Vanguard don't want Shifters) so they got to go leave and act on their own, similar to what the CS did with the Vanguard when it opted to phase them out.

Pepsi Jedi wrote:It's that simple. Someone thought it'd be cool to include them in a previous book with out thinking of their making or origin.

No likely, WB12 both introduced the Psi-Warrior class and Alpha Battalion's inclusion of them simultaneously.

Possibly they were phased out during the restructing of Alpha-Battalion > Psi-Division and sent into non-military forces like the ISS police, where their expertise with psi-swords would help them kill invading entities.

Pepsi Jedi wrote:It was fixed later. It's not deep, there's not like secret CS training facilities that have ferreted out secret Psi scape training methods etc ad infin.

Changed, not fixed.

I don't see what's so 'secret' about the training methods. They were being taught in Potomkane, formerly https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kettering,_Ohio

Psyscape formerly https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dayton,_Ohio seems to be 5-8 miles away depending on what road you take.

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Someone made the list of Psi classes they like and didn't remember the "MAKING" of psi warriors. So later when someone wrote the next book they were simply taken out.

There was nothing to remember. The Psi-Warriors were not explicitly created by Psyscape. That was merely a rumor.

Psi-Ghosts originate from a weird town in the magic zone too, doesn't stop the CS from using them, and they're even mutants. Psi-Ghosts use PPE vampires too. By comparison the Psi-Warrior is incredibly plain.

Return to “Rifts®”