Healing others

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the White Rose!!!

Healing others

Unread post by HarleeKnight »

Can I choose to heal only part of a wound, or is it all or nothing?
Example: I shoot someone intentionally in the knee or a ball & socket joint or cut someones Achilles's tendon... can I choose to heal him, using psionic healing, just enough to keep him from dying and stay hobbled or will it heal everything?

Yeah, my character is not a nice guy.
There are two kinds of people in this world... 1: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Re: Healing others

Unread post by Library Ogre »

RAW, probably not... I'm basing this on PF (it's what I have handy), but the Optional Minor Injury table specifically calls out magical or psychic healing as erasing those wounds.

OTOH, if you have Psychic Surgery, you can CREATE those wounds/penalties, so, hey, have fun and don't be squeamish.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Blue_Lion
Knight

Re: Healing others

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

HarleeKnight wrote:Can I choose to heal only part of a wound, or is it all or nothing?
Example: I shoot someone intentionally in the knee or a ball & socket joint or cut someones Achilles's tendon... can I choose to heal him, using psionic healing, just enough to keep him from dying and stay hobbled or will it heal everything?

Yeah, my character is not a nice guy.

Well I do not know of it letting you choose what is healed with that power. However by the book it does appear it can not heal what is not there, so if a leg is shot off with a MD weapon and you can save a person life and he will still be missing a leg.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.

Return to “Rifts®”