Flail Damage

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RubberBoot
D-Bee

Flail Damage

Unread post by RubberBoot »

I cant find a Flail in the books wondering what its damage would be and if there would be a minus to parry?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Flail Damage

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Try the PF2 main book or the ancient weapons compendium(s).
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the White Rose!!!

Unread post by HarleeKnight »

According to Palladium Fantasy:
Ball and Chain: 2D4
Flail: 2D6
Goupillon Flail: 3D6
Mace and Chain: 3D6
Nunchaku: 2D4
There are two kinds of people in this world... 1: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

RubberBoot wrote:I cant find a Flail in the books wondering what its damage would be and if there would be a minus to parry?

Greetings and Salutations. As others have said, there are stats specifically for the flail in other books. In RUE, you can look on page 326 under the W.P. Chain. They don't list the damage for most of the specific weapons, but do mention "Typically 2D6 damage" (so instead of listing each weapon and some doing 2D4 and others doing 2D6, they just list 2D6 for simplicity). They also mention the Goupillion Flail being larger and its damage (not typical). This section also discusses restrictions to parry (can only be done when using two hands on the weapon), as well as the W.P. providing lower parry bonuses than normal. There is no minus to parry though (when you can parry). Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Although it says can be parry with one hand that seams me to be referencing actual chains or similar that would require using the length between the hands to parry block as the handle of a flail should be able to parry same as a club. What I find odd is the cannot be used to entangle because that is kind of how marital arts use several chain weapons.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.

Return to “Rifts®”