Savage Rifts

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Savage Rifts

Unread post by Fell »

Hi all,
I have been playing savage Rifts online. Has been a ton of fun. Come check it out!

Its also a great way to learn the Savage system while playing.

http://Savagerifts.com

I for one have had a great time since being "older" and not able to game IRL as often as I wish I still could - this site has been nice for getting my Rifts fix!

- Fell
Dan Frederick
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Re: Savage Rifts

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Damn it.... I need to get into a game there again now that I won't be doing trade shows for a bit for work.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

I am working on making a character right now.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

I see your character accounts :)
Last edited by Fell on Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Frederick
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

Thank you, I am working and typing up his spell list to add it to my character post.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

I have been curious about the savage rifts rules.
J_cobbers
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by J_cobbers »

AlanGunhouse wrote:I have been curious about the savage rifts rules.

Do you like logical, easy to play and versatile RPG rules? If so, you might like this. There are some things they change about the setting (not all weapons do MD, and MDC is no longer a 100:1 ratio with normal damage. Combat is faster and more lethal, but it captures the feel of the setting well. Additionally it allows you to homebrew your own ideas with good guidelines or adapt official stuff to savage worlds very easily. I really think this is the best rules set for Rifts; better than the RMB and RUE. I would love to see PB license more settings to Savage Worlds, or controversially adopt the SW rules and license them from Pinnical to put out PB settings using SW rules.

PB's strength is it's setting and ideas, it's weakness is it's adherence to antiquated and overly complex rules, and introducing way too many instances of very specific complications for various things (magic, equipment, vehicles, OCCs). I really hope the 2 companies continue working together, so far what's come out has been awesome!
My contribution to the world shall be a meat based vegitable subsitute.
This message brought to you by the Rifts (R) Ogre Party of North America (TM).
Vote Ogre Party 2016, "A 4th Human Baby in Every Pot!"(C)
"Make Babies Taste Great Again"(C)
blackwingedheaven
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by simple stupidity." -Hanlon's Razor

Unread post by blackwingedheaven »

J_cobbers wrote:PB's strength is it's setting and ideas, it's weakness is it's adherence to antiquated and overly complex rules, and introducing way too many instances of very specific complications for various things (magic, equipment, vehicles, OCCs). I really hope the 2 companies continue working together, so far what's come out has been awesome!

Not much to add here other than my total agreement. I've been running a Savage Rifts game since the pdfs dropped and it's the most fun I've had running Rifts in 20-odd years of being a fan of the setting.
"Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is an absurd one." -Voltaire
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

Im dying to run a game but my group are pathfinder heads to the core. Looks like if im going to get any rifts time at all im going to need to run online myself.
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Riftmaker wrote:Im dying to run a game but my group are pathfinder heads to the core. Looks like if im going to get any rifts time at all im going to need to run online myself.

Have a scenario ready for when someone can't show up or the GM isn't feeling like running.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Hank
Newb

Unread post by Hank »

Old Man forum Lurker here; switched to Savage Worlds many years ago and run 3 groups right now in various settings. It is vaguely scary how easy it is to fit Rifts content into Savage Worlds with just a little understanding of the system. A few months back I swapped one of my main groups into Rifts, by basically opening a rift in their current Deadlands game and sucking the players through, we then used the Iconic Frameworks in Savage Rifts to re-imagine the characters a few years after arriving on Rifts Earth and it's been a huge Hit. Like someone else pointed out, the richness of all the Palladium settings is their strength, and Savage Worlds is an easy port. Rifts has become my main groups favored setting and when we want a break, I just suck them through a portal and dump them somewhere else for a time. I hope and pray the two companies continue to work together, Rifts had completely died out around me, and I am now regularly running Rifts one shots at local stores and gaming clubs, all 3 of my groups will be converted over to Rifts by summer, my only complaint since Savage Rifts: I am completely swamped for time and can't play in any groups.

Sorry, I still lurk around here for conversations and story ideas and had to drop my 2 cents on Savage Rifts, it's brilliant, it has a couple quibbles but by and large, it lets you use your PB sourcebooks to play Rifts in an arguably much better rules system. (At the very least SW is noob friendly, IMO Savage Rifts is THE best one shot game every put out)
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

Mark Hall wrote:
Riftmaker wrote:Im dying to run a game but my group are pathfinder heads to the core. Looks like if im going to get any rifts time at all im going to need to run online myself.

Have a scenario ready for when someone can't show up or the GM isn't feeling like running.

That's the current plan.

Return to “Rifts®”