Rifter 4

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kagashi
Champion

Rifter 4

Unread post by Kagashi »

I was reviewing Rifter 4 and the Official Rifts Material about ARCHIE in there. Sure, a lot of it was incorporated in later Rifts titles, but there are still some great, official, canon gems in there. The TPA-006 Titan Heavy Power Armor is amazing. Around a 105 PA invention, it rivals both the Samson and the CS SAMAS, even the newer Smiling Jack. Its intended to be a ground assault bot, but its flight characteristics are nothing to laugh at. While not as fast as a SAMAS, it can fly 5 times as high. Its offensive firepower is equal to the SAMAS and it carries four times the number of mini missiles with other secondary weapon systems that are just absent on the SAMAS.

I wish they included this stuff when they redid SB1, but none-the-less, its a great gem; one that is very often overlooked and forgotten about since the recent emphasis on books like Northern Gun. A Titan update would be really cool to see.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Blue_Lion
Knight

Re: Rifter 4

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Kagashi wrote:I was reviewing Rifter 4 and the Official Rifts Material about ARCHIE in there. Sure, a lot of it was incorporated in later Rifts titles, but there are still some great, official, canon gems in there. The TPA-006 Titan Heavy Power Armor is amazing. Around a 105 PA invention, it rivals both the Samson and the CS SAMAS, even the newer Smiling Jack. Its intended to be a ground assault bot, but its flight characteristics are nothing to laugh at. While not as fast as a SAMAS, it can fly 5 times as high. Its offensive firepower is equal to the SAMAS and it carries four times the number of mini missiles with other secondary weapon systems that are just absent on the SAMAS.

I wish they included this stuff when they redid SB1, but none-the-less, its a great gem; one that is very often overlooked and forgotten about since the recent emphasis on books like Northern Gun. A Titan update would be really cool to see.

Well if they reprinted every thing that is good from the book it would be no longer of any game value.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.

Return to “Rifts®”