Bags of Holding

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the White Rose!!!

Bags of Holding

Unread post by HarleeKnight »

Does Rifts or any other Palladium series have bags of holding or something similar? I've looked but haven't seen anything like it and search function is still not working.
There are two kinds of people in this world... 1: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
RockJock
Knight

Re: Bags of Holding

Unread post by RockJock »

There are several version spread around.

The PF Main Book has Enchanted Bags which is pretty close to a bag of holding type idea.

Bottomless Quiver in PF Western Empires. Not exactly a bag of holding, but holds many more arrows than it should be able to hold.

Rifts WB 8: Japan has several small magical bags. These can magically produce food, coins, and similar daily for travelers.

I'm sure there are others out there, but that's what I had off the top of my head.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

WB3: Temporal Magic has a Dimensional Pocket.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

All other settings regular invocation; D-pocket :P

The D-pocket says that a mage with this 'typically' does not have more then one of two long term of them at one time.

My brain is saying that typical costs for long term D-pocket enchanted bag, purses, other in the PF wastelands book. only 45% sure.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

HarleeKnight wrote:Does Rifts or any other Palladium series have bags of holding or something similar? I've looked but haven't seen anything like it and search function is still not working.

Temporal Mages get the diemnsional pocket and dimensional envelope spells to do this. they are not quite permanent forever without additional things done (Such as sewing a permanence rune by a diabolist onto it) but they are relatively easy for players of that class to get
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
HarleeKnight
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: For the White Rose!!!

Unread post by HarleeKnight »

My party has a spare Talisman of Armor and it's listed at 20 million, where can we go to maybe trade it for some of these bags. Splynn is obviously out of the question. We were thinking maybe Dweomer, as we have a buddy who is a Battle Magus, and he might take us, but would these even be for sale there? We were thinking Stormspire too, but one of us is a wanted man there and the rest of us might be through association, but we aren't sure if we are yet.
There are two kinds of people in this world... 1: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

20 million is what you would pay to get one, but you would be able to sell it for 10% - 15% (maybe you can get them to go as high as 25%).
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

HarleeKnight wrote:My party has a spare Talisman of Armor and it's listed at 20 million, where can we go to maybe trade it for some of these bags. Splynn is obviously out of the question. We were thinking maybe Dweomer, as we have a buddy who is a Battle Magus, and he might take us, but would these even be for sale there? We were thinking Stormspire too, but one of us is a wanted man there and the rest of us might be through association, but we aren't sure if we are yet.

Try anyplace that your going to find a lot of people with temporal spells.
World Gate on Wormwood, Tolkeen (if it hasn't fallen), Kingsdale, Merctown, Arnzo, Lazlo, New Camelot, Phase World...
...it all depends on what sort of connections and resources your group has.
Your best bet might be to track down a temporal mage with the spell and just arrange a trade on the side.
They cast the spell a few times for you and you give them the talisman and maybe do a favor. (I mean your adventurers, he has two kill quests and a fetch quest in the chain before you can unlock the "make bag" feature :P)
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Was there not a merchant in splynn dimensional market that had bottles that work similar to bags of holding?
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.

Return to “Rifts®”