TW Gems

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dragonfett
Knight

TW Gems

Unread post by dragonfett »

Hey, so since my computer is being wonky with this site, and I can't use Search or look at posts that I posted a comment in, can someone post the a link to the post where someone listed every spell and the TW gems needed for that spell (instead of listing the spells associated with each gem as they did in the RUE)?
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Re: TW Gems

Unread post by The Beast »

It's this site, not your computer. Several of us have posted that search hasn't been working for awhile now.

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Last edited by The Beast on Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

dragonfett wrote:Hey, so since my computer is being wonky with this site, and I can't use Search or look at posts that I posted a comment in, can someone post the a link to the post where someone listed every spell and the TW gems needed for that spell (instead of listing the spells associated with each gem as they did in the RUE)?

As mentioned before, Search isn't working for other people it isn't your computer but the site apparently. I suppose one could try to do a restricted search using an external search engine (yahoo, google, etc), but limiting the results by site/address, though unless you get your search terms just right you'll probably have to wade through.

I've PMed you a list, since it might get moderators mad. I'd suggest making a Spreedsheet with multiple columns (MS Office Excel, LibreOffice Sheets, etc, or use a Database but that has a bit more complicated set up) with each column holding a data point (gem type, spell, etc), you can then highlight the columns and sort them however you want.
dragonfett
Knight

ShadowLogan wrote:
dragonfett wrote:Hey, so since my computer is being wonky with this site, and I can't use Search or look at posts that I posted a comment in, can someone post the a link to the post where someone listed every spell and the TW gems needed for that spell (instead of listing the spells associated with each gem as they did in the RUE)?

As mentioned before, Search isn't working for other people it isn't your computer but the site apparently. I suppose one could try to do a restricted search using an external search engine (yahoo, google, etc), but limiting the results by site/address, though unless you get your search terms just right you'll probably have to wade through.

I've PMed you a list, since it might get moderators mad. I'd suggest making a Spreedsheet with multiple columns (MS Office Excel, LibreOffice Sheets, etc, or use a Database but that has a bit more complicated set up) with each column holding a data point (gem type, spell, etc), you can then highlight the columns and sort them however you want.

Thank you for the PM, Shadow Logan.

As for the the site issues, I hadn't realized it was the site. I made a post in the bugs forums about it, and someone else said they were having the same issue and they were thinking that there was an issue with the browser database. Up until now I had thought this issue was much more limited than it really is, I also normally don't use my phone to look at the site but I'm actually using my phone to post this right now and I saw that I was having the same issues on my phone.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I don't think anyone had made such a list and posted it here.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

You can find lists by using google no grantee how official. The issue is there are so many types of magic that there are a comprehensive list is near impossible and new books have added spells.(google does search PB boards.)

http://www.nexusnine.net/downloads/foru ... erence.pdf

That link has it common invocations broken down by level and gem needed.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I don't think anyone had made such a list and posted it here.

pretty sure mack has such a list (and then some). not at all sure if he posted it here.
dragonfett
Knight

I remember someone having done the leg work of posting a list of each spell in alphabetical order with that spell's corresponding gem for use in Techno-Wizardry Devices, although it's been years since it was first posted.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

dragonfett wrote:I remember someone having done the leg work of posting a list of each spell in alphabetical order with that spell's corresponding gem for use in Techno-Wizardry Devices, although it's been years since it was first posted.

The PDF i linked has spells both by level and alphabetically, the by level is first then there fallowed by alphabetical list. It may be a good place to start.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.

Return to “Rifts®”