Here's a map of Rifts Australia

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Max
D-Bee

Here's a map of Rifts Australia

Unread post by Max »

My GM is taking our group to Australia, so I made a satellite map of the continent based on the line drawings from the Rifts Australia book.
Thought you guys might get some value out of it.

Enjoy!

http://i.imgur.com/m2NlX58.jpg
Axelmania
Knight

Re: Here's a map of Rifts Australia

Unread post by Axelmania »

Don't the Palladium artists manually reduce the coastlines based on the rising sea levels from Atlantis' return?

Although I guess we could return to pre-Rifts levels if Tiklik keeps sipping...

If earth can be re-colonized by industrialism, perhaps global warming could help counteract that. Hard to say as a lot of powers use nuclear or TW. Still there are gas-powered vehicles out there (not sure about coal) which can help melt the ice caps and give us the water that frog steals.
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Hey not bad! And welcome. Though I do agree that the coastline probably should show more land loss, but at this scale it's still pretty good.

8]
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Max
D-Bee

Unread post by Max »

I noticed the coast loss issue as well, but the map in Rifts Australia lines up perfectly with the existing coast so I decided not to take liberties with it.

If we're getting into verisimilitude, we'll be in big trouble. There's no way an inland sea makes any sense based on Australia's current topography. So it's just a bit of fun, I figure. ;)

And thanks for the 'welcome' greeting. I was a fixture in the chat room back in the golden age around 16 years ago, but I've only ever lurked the forums. Finally had something to contribute!
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Current topography, no. But there was a huge inland sea in Australia back when megafauna roamed the world. And you're welcome.

8]
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

PB should have used something like this http://www.floodmap.net/ of course they're forgiven since Rifts came out before the Internet was wide spread, heck I think it wasn't until 1989 the first ISP started and not until 1990 that ARPANET was discontinued so with a release of August 1990 they're forgiven for not using internet products. :)
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Return to “Rifts®”