What do you Hope will be in Secret of The Atlanteans?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What do you Hope will be in Secret of The Atlanteans?

Unread post by gaby »

I hope Atlanteans,s info from the Rifters 52,55,61 and 64 will be in it and become canon.

What do you hope will be in it?
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Re: What do you Hope will be in Secret of The Atlanteans?

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

gaby wrote:I hope Atlanteans,s info from the Rifters 52,55,61 and 64 will be in it and become canon.

What do you hope will be in it?

The Raw edition is out. Many know what's in it. (more or less)

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

We still don't know what the "final" book is going to look like.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Ehh.... pretty much.

It's going to look mostly like the preview book+Art.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Tattoo conversions to SDC settings, that make sense and not nerfed.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Tattoo conversions to SDC settings, that make sense and not nerfed.

Magic does the same mdc as it would sdc in a sdc setting. So any mdc would be sdc in a sdc setting.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Blue_Lion wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Tattoo conversions to SDC settings, that make sense and not nerfed.

Magic does the same mdc as it would sdc in a sdc setting. So any mdc would be sdc in a sdc setting.

Then the weapons simple tattoos of a claymore would do the same damage as the magic weapon tattoo of a claymore. Which is why at added the "… that make sense." potion of my post.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
SereneTsunami
Explorer

Unread post by SereneTsunami »

I would like to see The Rifter's "Black Crusade" made official. I think an update for the Stone Master OCC is due. I would also like to see them advance the timeline from WB#2 and WB#6.
Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

Unread post by Kelorin »

With the Minion War on the go, I hope the Atlantean Demon Hunter / Slayer (I forget which) from the Rifters will become official canon.
Apollo Okamura wrote:Kelorin WINZ!! :-)
TechnoGothic wrote:Kelorin WINZ!!
BuzzardB
Explorer

Unread post by BuzzardB »

Just curious, why do you all want stuff that is already published, but now made official, instead of say new content in the book?
andyskyhawk
D-Bee
Comment: Courage is not the absence of fear. It is being scared sh**less but saddling up anyway.

Unread post by andyskyhawk »

Just curious, why do you all want stuff that is already published, but now made official, instead of say new content in the book?

Why couldn't they just state in the books introduction Rifter articles X,Y, and Z etc...should now be considered official canon. That would save space for new content.

I personally would like to see some more monster tattoos of things we have yet to see. Things that the atlantean tribes have encountered from across space and time. And more about the Kittani.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

A few good recipes for the proper preparation of Atlantean.
'Chicken of the Sea's' recipe books work fine for Lemurians, but there's nothing compatible for the original flavor.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
SereneTsunami
Explorer

Unread post by SereneTsunami »

BuzzardB wrote:Just curious, why do you all want stuff that is already published, but now made official, instead of say new content in the book?

I would like the things i mentioned and more, like the time line moved forward, especially in Manoa. I also think there would be space to add in Lemurian stone magic. It is described as one of 2 pillars of Lemurian technology, but is not mentioned again, not even a reprint of the stone master OCC.
I know Lemuria is new to Rifts, but the Lemurians are tailor made to combat the Deamon/Deevil invasion. As far as that goes if anything will get "Clan Panda" out of its 15,000 year funk it will be an interdimensional invasion of their ancient homeland.
Ed
Adventurer

Unread post by Ed »

An actual secret other than a repeat of psi-cola.
Ed
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

andyskyhawk wrote:

Why couldn't they just state in the books introduction Rifter articles X,Y, and Z etc...should now be considered official canon. That would save space for new content.

I personally would like to see some more monster tattoos of things we have yet to see. Things that the atlantean tribes have encountered from across space and time. And more about the Kittani.

Because the Rifter material isn't going to be made canon?
Seriously, most of it was... well Rifter material. The Black Crusade stuff for instance conflicts with the canon, A number of the tattoos were over powered and the classes had...issues.
It wasn't bad... for Rifter material, but Canon needs to be more carefully measured.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
HWalsh
Hero

Unread post by HWalsh »

The reason they are "nerfed" in SDC settings is because SDC settings have less magic in them. So, you're never going to get an Atlantean Tattoo that does 3d6 MDC to do 3d6x100 SDC in an SDC setting.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

HWalsh wrote:

The reason they are "nerfed" in SDC settings is because SDC settings have less magic in them. So, you're never going to get an Atlantean Tattoo that does 3d6 MDC to do 3d6x100 SDC in an SDC setting.

True...
But as it stands they just do 3d6 SDC...
which makes a weapon covered in flames... a pointless waste of PPE
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
HWalsh
Hero

Unread post by HWalsh »

eliakon wrote:
HWalsh wrote:

True...

Compared to 2d6 for a normal sword? That isn't a pointless waste of PPE it is there to represent settings where magic is much, much, weaker.
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

HWalsh wrote:
eliakon wrote:
HWalsh wrote:

True...

Compared to 2d6 for a normal sword? That isn't a pointless waste of PPE it is there to represent settings where magic is much, much, weaker.

*sigh* this is what I get for off the cuffing it
Okay let me try again
Rifts Atlantis Page 86
-A simple weapon costs 2 PPE, lasts 30 minutes per level and does the weapons damage (so your sword does 2d6 SDC)
-Add on flames and it costs 10 PPE (5x as much) lasts 15 minutes per level (half as long) and does its damage as MDC (so 2d6 MDC)

On an SDC world, that Tattoo (which btw costs two slots and may or may not use up two of your 6 'slots' to activate) does the same damage...but for 5x the cost and lasts half as long...

if your Sword id 3d6 that is because the SDC version does 3d6...
Flames only modifies the DC from S to M at an increase of 5x the PPE and 1/2 the duration...
...which then turns right back into an S in an SDC world.

THAT is what we mean when we say "Pointless waste"

Nox Equites
Explorer

Unread post by Nox Equites »

Kelorin wrote:With the Minion War on the go, I hope the Atlantean Demon Hunter / Slayer (I forget which) from the Rifters will become official canon.

Unnecessary the Undead Slayer does that already.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

eliakon wrote:snip...
Flames only modifies the DC from S to M at an increase of 5x the PPE and 1/2 the duration...

Flames only modifies the Damage from SD to MD at an increase of 5x the PPE and 1/2 the duration…

The text (in RWB2) only talks (tangentially) about the DC (S or M) of the tattoo weapons, simple or magic, in that the text does say that they do not break, nor grow dull, and only go away when the magic is canceled or the duration run out.

I am glad you explained why I said that I wanted SDC world conversions for magic tattoos that made sense, instead of nerfing them.
Kelorin
Adventurer
Location: Aboard the USS Lexington, flagship of the New Navy Atlantic Fleet

Unread post by Kelorin »

Nox Equites wrote:
Kelorin wrote:With the Minion War on the go, I hope the Atlantean Demon Hunter / Slayer (I forget which) from the Rifters will become official canon.

Unnecessary the Undead Slayer does that already.

The Undead Slayer has a number of bonuses specific to Vampires, like can't be transformed into a vampire. I don't have the specific Rifter in front of me, but I thought the Atlantean Demon Slayer got a number of anti-infernal (demons and devils) specific bonuses that made them more effective against those foes as compared to the vanilla Undead Slayer.
Apollo Okamura wrote:Kelorin WINZ!! :-)
TechnoGothic wrote:Kelorin WINZ!!
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

eliakon wrote:
HWalsh wrote:
eliakon wrote:
HWalsh wrote:

True...

Okay let me try again
Rifts Atlantis Page 86
-A simple weapon costs 2 PPE, lasts 30 minutes per level and does the weapons damage (so your sword does 2d6 SDC)
-Add on flames and it costs 10 PPE (5x as much) lasts 15 minutes per level (half as long) and does its damage as MDC (so 2d6 MDC)

On an SDC world, that Tattoo (which btw costs two slots and may or may not use up two of your 6 'slots' to activate) does the same damage...but for 5x the cost and lasts half as long...

Wait when the flaming weapon get turned in to two tattoos?
I thought flaming weapon was just one tattoo.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Blue_Lion wrote:Wait when the flaming weapon get turned in to two tattoos?

Depending on which counting method you use the magic tattoo tattoos can be counted as another tattoo.

I do not subscribe to the counting of tattoo features as another tattoo (for counting tattoo slots).

The problem is, there are canon references for counting tattoos both ways.

A flaming sword with entwined serpent dripping with blood, with wings.

For my POV this is one magic weapon tattoo.

however, there using the other (less used) way it can be counted as 4-5 tattoos. ignoring that the tattoo has to be given to the recipient in one go because it is one picture and activates all of it when activated.
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Blue_Lion wrote:
eliakon wrote:
HWalsh wrote:
eliakon wrote:
HWalsh wrote:

True...

Okay let me try again
Rifts Atlantis Page 86

Wait when the flaming weapon get turned in to two tattoos?

I should have said "May or may not cost two slots"
There are references to both ways of counting
i.e. that a tattoo weapon with 3 features is a single tattoo AND that it is 4 tattoos
Both have been used in various books (and may or may not be answered in SotA, I can't say because of the NDA) which of course leads to some problems

Return to “Rifts®”