The cost of repairing mdc armour/ power armour.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

The cost of repairing mdc armour/ power armour.

Unread post by cyberdon »

Any idea where I would find this?

The party in my campaign is headed to Free Quebec in damaged Samson armour, with a damaged Borg in tow.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Re: The cost of repairing mdc armour/ power armour.

Unread post by Glistam »

It was in the First Sourcebook, I'm not sure if they kept it in the Revised version or not. I think the R:UE Operator also offers a discussion on repair costs (in the vein of the Operator doing the repairs).
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

The official rule on cost can be found source book 1 it is allot though.

I use a house rule to allow recovering parts equal to 10%(25% with the scavenge skill +5% and one major component for every 10% better than a success) the cost of destroyed gear to be used towards repair of things in the same class or used for trade. The classes major classes I use are 1 body armor, 2 Power armor and borgs, 3 ground vehicles light, 4 tanks/apcs, 5 robots, 6 weapons.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Rifts Sourcebook from the 90s page 55 gave 5500-7000 per 10 (ie 550 to 700 per MDC) for the main body, 8000 per 10 for power armor main body, more expensive for other parts
Rifts Ultimate Edition from 2005 page 92 gave this inferior 1200 per MDC (12,000 per 10) rate for Operators
Rifts Sourcebook One Revised from 2007 page 36 had the same rates as the original sourcebook, much better than the operator.

I guess operators suck at repairing with low expenses for some reason.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Axelmania wrote:Rifts Sourcebook from the 90s page 55 gave 5500-7000 per 10 (ie 550 to 700 per MDC) for the main body, 8000 per 10 for power armor main body, more expensive for other parts
Rifts Ultimate Edition from 2005 page 92 gave this inferior 1200 per MDC (12,000 per 10) rate for Operators
Rifts Sourcebook One Revised from 2007 page 36 had the same rates as the original sourcebook, much better than the operator.

Good research.

It's probably assuming that Operators as a rule are going to be using more limited or even improvised tools, equipment, and materials than a full-blown repair shop.
Remember, as per SB1 55 robot and armor repair is limited as a rule to "The Black Market, CS Malls, Some Burbs, and some of the larger CS and non-CS communities."
Those prices are for big cities with large facilities, and Operators generally are smaller time with a smaller budget, and often no permanent and especially high-tech facilities to work with.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Axelmania wrote:Rifts Sourcebook from the 90s page 55 gave 5500-7000 per 10 (ie 550 to 700 per MDC) for the main body, 8000 per 10 for power armor main body, more expensive for other parts

Good research.

It's probably assuming that Operators as a rule are going to be using more limited or even improvised tools, equipment, and materials than a full-blown repair shop.
Remember, as per SB1 55 robot and armor repair is limited as a rule to "The Black Market, CS Malls, Some Burbs, and some of the larger CS and non-CS communities."
Those prices are for big cities with large facilities, and Operators generally are smaller time with a smaller budget, and often no permanent and especially high-tech facilities to work with.

I would think the cost in source book 1 is what you get charged not the cost of parts, while the operator is the cost of parts.
Basically the prices in source book 1 are for both cities and small towns where you pay some one to fix your armor. The price for an operator is just the cost for the parts as he does the work himself.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
cyberdon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by cyberdon »

K -thanks guys.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Also note that the SB rates are just for the main body, no rate per MDC is given for other parts of power armor, just outright replacement costs which appear to be static regardless of differences between the model you're replacing.

Return to “Rifts®”