I am making a WereKangaroo R.C.C..

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SpiritKitsune7
D-Bee

I am making a WereKangaroo R.C.C..

Unread post by SpiritKitsune7 »

What do you people think of my WereKangaroo R.C.C. that I have created? What advice can you all share?

Rifts werekangaroo

Alignment: Any.

Attributes of the Werekangaroo: I.Q. 2D6+2, M.E. 2D6+10, M.A. 2D6+6, P.S. 3D6+18, P.P. 2D6+14, P.E. 2D6+10, P.B. 2D6+10, Spd. 2D6+10 in human form or 35 (25 mph/40 km) as a kangaroo.

Hit Points (same as vampires): 6D6+10, +2D6 per level of experience.

P.P.E.: 3D4x10

Size: 5 -6 feet tall in human form and 7-8 feet in kangaroo-man form, 6-7 feet in animal form.

Weight: 400 to 500 lbs.

Horror Factor: 10 as a humanoid Kangaroo; does not apply to human and animal form.

Natural Abilities: Speak while in animal form, track by smell 40%, night vision 300 feet-(91.5 m), can leap from the ground and land on top of a 5 story building and jump across 300 feet gap, and bio-regenerates 4D6 hit points per hour.

Diet: Vegetarian.

Magic: Metamorphosis: Animal, Metamorphosis: Human, Summon and Control Kangaroos, Repel Animals, Death Trance, and Tongues.

Psionic Abilities: I.S.P.: 4D6+10; Sixth Sense, See the Invisible, and Mind Block.

Attacks per Melee: Five attacks per melee in natural monster or kangaroo form, three in human form.

Bonuses: +2 on initiative, +3 to strike, parry, and dodge, +4 to pull punch, +5 to roll with impact/fall, +6 to save vs. Horror Factor, +2 to save vs. psionics, and +2 to save vs. magic.

Damage: Varies depending on physical form. Human: Punch does 2D6+2 H.P./S.D.C. damage, a kick 3D6.
Kangaroo-Man or Kangaroo: Deals supernatural P.S., a kick deals 3D6 M.D., a power kick deals 4D6 M.D., and a high speed body slam that does 2D4x5 M.D. while running or jumping.

Special abilities: Strong man: (Males only) Add +4 to all physical attributes. Dimensional Pouch: (Females only). Female werekangaroo’s have a pouch that is similar to the spell Dimensional Pockets, except the pouch can hold about 60 lbs, and the dimensional pouch is permanent. The item storage pouch is hidden inside the original pouch and only the character or npc that has the pouch can access it. This pouch is separate from the original pouch to keep her Joey from playing with mommy’s M.D. laser pistol. If someone else reaches in the pouch, the Female werekangaroo will kick the offender in the family jewels or neck with vengeance. The female werekangaroo will feel violated. The only person that can reach into her pouch is when the father is babysitting.

Extra invulnerability: Falling: Werekangaroo’s can fall as far as a ten story building as tall, without taking damage.

R.C.C. Skills: Aboriginal, Australian, and English at 96%, Martial Arts, Land Navigation (+20%), Track Humanoids (+20%), Prowl (+20%), Swim (+15%), Climb (+10%), Basic Math (+20%), plus three Wilderness skills (+10%), two W.P., two pilot, three Technical or science skills, two domestic skills of choice, and two horsemanship skills of choice (no cyber knight horsemanship skill).

Average Life Span: 500 years.

Werekangaroo's can start out as a Road ganger, Road Sentinel, headhunter, Psi-healer if the character is an albino, dreamtime magic, and any O.C.C. that fits with their race and homeland.
Last edited by SpiritKitsune7 on Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
taalismn
Priest

Re: I am making a WereKangaroo R.C.C..

Unread post by taalismn »

Open up the Alignment to ANY; we're talking Australians here. Besides, you want to allow for roadwarrior bandit Were'roos.

Me, I'm holding out for WereWombats...why? Just because.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

A little too attribute heavy lower everything by 2 points and reduce HP by 25% we're talking Kangaroos not Grizzly Bears.
SpiritKitsune7
D-Bee

I have edited my Werekangaroo on my post at the top of this thread. And what Rifts book has the Psi-Healer O.C.C.?
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Page 151 Mystic Russia.
The Gifted One occ.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

You might want to state that a char of the Were-Roo race can start as the Were-Roo RCC or as one of the OCCs you included as options.
And maybe expand the RCC skill set into the Skill Set Format (RCC, RCC Rel., 2ndary).

You might also want to put a limiter in the race that those native to Australia, are of Aboriginal decent to go along with the RCC skill set you gave automatically getting the Aboriginal. (Their human-side being a Australian aboriginal.)

Skills
Australian is English in a similar way American is English. so there is no need to put both.
Are the languages just the language or can they read and write in those languages also?
Which language is their native language?
Why are pilot skills specifically in the RCC skill w/o any limitations?
Why technical and science skills are mentioned? They don't fit into the idea "all WR's get these skills."

Optional Classes
How would being a Psi-Healer PCC effect their PPE? (talking about how nearly all PCCs only get 2-8 PPE cause they have burned off their PPE to develop their psi-powers.)
Why mention a PCC from the PF2 setting?
Looks like you need to rewrite the optional classes text for the were-roo race.

Magic: Why does it have Meta; Animal and Meta; Human?
Did you put them in instead of giving them the normal were-person transformation natural abilities?

PPE&ISP…do the WR get more PPE and/or ISP as they level up? or do they need to be a PPC or a Magic OCC to gain more mystic energy reserves.

Special abilities: males: in all forms or just in Roo form?

Extra Invulnerability….. All were-people would not be damaged by falls cause they are immune to mundane damage. (maybe include that they have the normal were-person Invulnerabilities to mundane damage.)

Maybe change it to a nat ability that they can land on their feet in Roo form from 50 feet +10 feet per level and keep on hopping. maybe ½ that in hybrid form and one tenth that for human form.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
SpiritKitsune7
D-Bee

Rifts Werekangaroo

Limited Invulnerability & Hit Points: Like the vampires, werekangaroos are invulnerable to virtually all man-made weapons, including Mega-Damage energy weapons, explosives, fire, wood, and poison/drugs. However, also like vampires, werekangaroos are vulnerable to ordinary silver.

Weapons that have at least 50% silver content or are plated in reasonably pure silver inflict double damage to werekangaroos. Thus a silver plated dagger, which normally inflicts 1D6 S.D.C. damage, inflicts 2D6 points to damage direct to the werekangaroos Hit Points. Although werekangaroos possess bio-regenerative powers, they are nothing like the vampire’s so being bludgeoned or stabbed by silver can kill the werekangaroo without requiring decapitation and staking.

Magic weapons and spells inflict their normal damage as Hit Point damage (point for point conversion).

Psionics can be effective in communication, mind control, escape and holding them at bay via telekinesis or a force field, but do no physical damage. Wolfbay and Wolfsbane are herbs that keep most were-beasts at bay the same way that vampires recoil from garlic. No one has ever determined why. Holy Symbols like a crucifix have no effect on were-beasts, though true Holy Weapons inflict half their normal damage.

Powerful Mega-Damage attacks and explosions that inflict great amounts of damage may knock the werekangaroo down or stun it, but not kill it. Same knock down/impact table as for vampires (see Rifts World Book One: Vampire Kingdoms).

Attributes of the Werekangaroo: I.Q. 2D6+2, M.E. 2D6+10, M.A. 2D6+6, P.S. 3D6+18, P.P. 2D6+14, P.E. 2D6+10, P.B. 2D6+10, Spd. 2D6+10 in human form and can hop along at 35 mph for hours without getting tired as a kangaroo. Kangaroo’s can speed up to 60 mph for 5 minutes in game time.

Hit Points (same as vampires): 6D6+10, +2D6 per level of experience.

P.P.E.: 3D4x10, or add 20 P.P.E. to your werekangaroo’s magic O.C.C.

Size: 5 -6 feet tall in human form and 7-8 feet in kangaroo-man form, 6-7 feet in animal form.

Weight: 400 to 500 lbs.

Horror Factor: 10 as a humanoid Kangaroo; does not apply to human and animal form.

Natural Abilities: Speak while in animal form, track by smell 40%, night vision 300 feet-(91.5 m), Werekangaroos can land on their feet in Roo form from 50 feet +10 feet per level and keep on hopping. Werekangaroos can jump ½ that in hybrid form and one tenth that for human form. And bio-regenerates 4D6 hit points per hour.

Magic: Metamorphosis: Animal, Metamorphosis: Human, Summon and Control Kangaroos, Repel Animals, Death Trance, See the Invisible, and Tongues.

Psionic Abilities: I.S.P.: 4D6+10, or add 10 I.S.P. to your werekangaroo’s psionic O.C.C..: Sixth Sense, See the Invisible, and Mind Block.

Attacks per Melee: Five attacks per melee in natural monster or kangaroo form, three in human form.

Bonuses: +2 on initiative, +3 to strike and parry. +4 to dodge while hopping. +4 to pull punch, +5 to roll with impact/fall, +6 to save vs. Horror Factor, +2 to save vs. psionics, and +2 to save vs. magic.

Werekangaroo: Deals supernatural P.S., a punch does 2D6 M.D., a kick deals 3D6 M.D., a power kick deals 4D6 M.D., and a high speed body slam that does 2D4x5 M.D. while running or jumping.

Special abilities: Strong man: (Males only) Add +4 to all physical attributes, In hybrid-man shape only. Dimensional Pouch: (Females only). Female werekangaroo’s have a pouch that is similar to the spell Dimensional Pockets, except the pouch can hold about 60 lbs, and the dimensional pouch is permanent. The item storage pouch is hidden inside the original pouch and only the character or npc that has the pouch can access it. This pouch is separate from the original pouch to keep her Joey from playing with mommy’s M.D. laser pistol. If someone else reaches in the pouch, the Female werekangaroo will kick the offender in the family jewels or neck with vengeance. The female werekangaroo will feel violated. The only person that can reach into her pouch is when the father is babysitting.

R.C.C. Skills: Aboriginal 96% natural, and English (+15%), Martial Arts, Land Navigation (+20%), Track Humanoids (+20%), Prowl (+20%), Swim (+15%), Climb (+10%), and Running (+20%).

O.C.C. Related skills: Literacy English (+10%), three Wilderness skills (+10%), two W.P. ancient plus one modern, three domestic skills of choice (+10%), and three lore skills (+10%). If your werekangaroo was raised on a ranch your werekangaroo gains three cowboy skills (+10%), two physical skills (+10%), two horsemanship skills of choice (+10%), (no cyber knight horsemanship skill), plus the choice of two any other skills (+10%) that fits your character’s background.

Secondary Skills: The character can also select three secondary skills.

The werekangaroos are of aboriginal descent.

The Were-Roo race can start as the Werekangaroo RCC or one of the O.C.C.’s listed below.

Werekangaroo's can start out as a Road ganger, Road Sentinel, headhunter, Gifted One (healer) if the character is an albino “That is based on aboriginal theme’s, Check with your GM for skill changes”, dreamtime magic, plus any O.C.C. that fits with their race and homeland. If magic or psionic O.C.C. is taken, base you’re I.S.P or P.P.E. on your O.C.C. taken at first level and your I.S.P. or P.P.E. increases at the same rate as your O.C.C. per level.

I have noticed that all were-creatures have the spells Metamorphosis: Animal and Metamorphosis: Human.
Last edited by SpiritKitsune7 on Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
SpiritKitsune7
D-Bee

Is the last post version better?
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Seeing how werewolves (and I imagine all the other werebeasts) have Supernatural PS in non-human form I'd change the damage to the kick to "as per Supernatural PS + 1d6" instead of just set values to better reflect the kangaroo's kicking power. Also it doesn't have to be "+1d6." Whatever value you feel works better would do. It's just that their kicks should be better than their punches.

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Last edited by The Beast on Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

*tags SK7's PM's with my "comments"*
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
SpiritKitsune7
D-Bee

Rifts Were-kangaroo

Attributes of the Were-kangaroo: I.Q. 2D6+2, M.E. 2D6+10, M.A. 2D6+6, P.S. 3D6+18, P.P. 2D6+14, P.E. 2D6+10, P.B. 2D6+10, Spd. 2D6+10 (in human form.)
In kangaroo form they can hop along at 35 m.p.h. for hours equal to half their P.E. without getting tired. Additionally, were-kangaroos can reach speeds up to 60 m.p.h. for as long as 5 minutes once every quarter hour.
Hit Points: 6D6+10, +2D6 per level of experience.
P.P.E.: 3D4x10, (or add 20 P.P.E. to the were-kangaroo’s magic O.C.C.)

Size: 5-6 feet tall in human form and 7-8 feet in kangaroo-man form, 6-7 feet in animal form.
Weight: 400 to 500 lb.
Natural Abilities:
Speak while in animal form, track by smell 40%, night vision 300 feet-(91.5 m), Were-kangaroos can land on their feet in Roo form from 50 feet +10 feet per level and keep on hopping. Were-kangaroos can jump ½ that in hybrid form and one tenth that for human form. And bio-regenerates 4D6 hit points per hour.
Has the same limited invulnerability and vulnerabilities as other were-creatures.

Magic: Metamorphosis: Animal, Metamorphosis: Human, Summon and Control Kangaroos, Repel Animals, Death Trance, See the Invisible, and Tongues.
Psionic Abilities: I.S.P.: 4D6+10, (or add 10 I.S.P. to your were-kangaroo’s psionic P.C.C.).: Sixth Sense, See the Invisible, and Mind Block.
Bonuses: +2 on initiative, +3 to strike and parry. +4 to dodge while hopping. +4 to pull punch, +5 to roll with impact/fall, +6 to save vs. Horror Factor, +2 to save vs. psionics, and +2 to save vs. magic.
Damage: Varies depending on physical form. Human: Punch does 2D6+2 H.P./S.D.C. damage, a kick 3D6.
Kangaroo-Man or Kangaroo: Deals supernatural P.S., a kick deals 3D6 M.D., a power kick deals 4D6 M.D., and a high speed body slam that does 2D4x5 M.D. while running or jumping.
Special abilities:
Strong man (Males only): Add +4 to all physical attributes to the hybrid-man form only.
Dimensional Pouch (Females only): In addition to their natural pouches female were-kangaroo’s have a permanent extra-dimensional pouch that is similar to the spell Dimensional Pockets, that can hold about 60 lb. of stuff. The extra-dimensional pouch is accessed through their natural pouch and only the character can access it. If someone else reaches in the pouch, the female were-kangaroo will feel violated, and act on that feeling. The only person that can reach into her pouch is is her mate and only when he's to babysit the joey.

R.C.C. Skills:
Natural Language: Aboriginal 96%
language English (+15%),
Literacy English (+10%)
hand to hand: Martial Arts,
Land Navigation (+20%),
Track Humanoids (+20%),
Prowl (+20%),
Swim (+15%),
Climb (+10%),
Running (+20%).
Other skills:
Wild Were-kangaroos: three Wilderness skills (+10%), two W.P. ancient plus one modern, three domestic skills of choice (+10%), and three lore skills (+10%).
Ranch raised were-kangaroo: three cowboy skills (+10%), two physical skills (+10%), two horsemanship skills of choice (+10%), (excluding the cyber knight horsemanship skill), and two skills of choice (+10%) that fits your character’s background.

Secondary Skills: The character can also select three secondary skills.
All were-kangaroos are considered to be of aboriginal decent

Available Character Classes: Were-Kangaroo RCC, Road ganger, Road Sentinel, headhunter, Gifted One (healer, limited to albino were-roos, Check with your GM for any skill changes), dreamtime magic O.C.C.s, or a regional specific character classes of homelands outside the Australian continent.

Magic and Psionic class note: The Were-kangaroo only gains additional (level up) PPE or ISP if a magic or psionic class is selected. Following that class' advancement rate for P.P.E. or I.S.P.

-----------------------------------------------
DK:I played 'book editor' to your text (above). Some changes were as simple as adding a - to make were-kangaroo, to bolding/underlining text, to retyping a bunch of text to clean it up, to adding some mechicas text to the spd of the WKs. Please read it fully over before re-posting or complaining.

Mostly I write out exactly what I mean, then sometimes get even more finicky.

My Artwork

Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Thanks drewkitty for your help!

Return to “Rifts®”