Random Thought about the Rifts Black Market Book.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Random Thought about the Rifts Black Market Book.

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

I was just going through the Rifts Black Market book and had a thought when I read the part about the Character leaving: What would happen if the character had to leave due to them having to take care of a family member (I.E. Spouse, Child, Sibling, or parent) who was seriously sick or handicapped in some way/shape/form?

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger,
President of Lemenger Biologics Unlimited.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Re: Random Thought about the Rifts Black Market Book.

Unread post by Razzinold »

I always treat the Black Market like how you see the Maffia portrayed in movies like Donnie Brasco and Goodfellas. They help each other out, and look after each other's family (like how they mentioned if a husband was in jail people stepped up and made sure the wife and kids didn't go without while he couldn't earn).
Based on that theory the guy wouldn't leave the Black Market because they would help him out with the sick spouse, child, etc while he was away doing business or maybe cover some of his work short term while he is away with the family member.

Also like the Maffia, they will kill you the second they even suspect that you've turned traitor.
Cr'Imson
Wanderer
Comment: Cry as you might, if the Ruby Slippers fit, wear them.

Unread post by Cr'Imson »

That kind of a situation could also be seen as an opportunity to expand. The character could, instead of quitting, just shift the type of service that they provide to the black market. Like run some form of business valued by the black market (pawnshop/fence, weapon shop/garage pushing BM goods, operate/maintain a safe house, etc.) in the area that they move to. They could also help to provide additional info to the black market when it comes to that area.
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

Cr'Imson wrote:That kind of a situation could also be seen as an opportunity to expand. The character could, instead of quitting, just shift the type of service that they provide to the black market. Like run some form of business valued by the black market (pawnshop/fence, weapon shop/garage pushing BM goods, operate/maintain a safe house, etc.) in the area that they move to. They could also help to provide additional info to the black market when it comes to that area.

Good call, after all who would suspect the kind soul selflessly taking care of their sick (insert whatever here) of any wrong doings ?

Have your black market contact dress as a doctor when he visits you and that's when you can safely exchange information, drugs, contraband, etc. This avoids you trying to radio anyone in the organization and risking the chance of in being intercepted.

Return to “Rifts®”