Canon Character Creation Clarification.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Canon Character Creation Clarification.

Unread post by say652 »

Creating a Level 5 Anti Monster. (No cheating even!)

Do i get sdc bonuses from physical skills?
What about Attribute bonuses?

I noticed the Anti Monsters attributes are pretty set and fall into an almost standard range, I'm just curious if skill choices affect them.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: Canon Character Creation Clarification.

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

The South America 1 TW Borg?

I am going to say No for either. You maybe flesh and metal, but you are considered a Full Conversion Cyborg IINM. So Physical Skill SDC/Attribute bonuses do not apply.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Yea, they are explictly called full conversion borgs with TW components, so like any other borg, no physical skill boosts.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

That's what i figured, just making sure i didn't lose out on bonuses i was supposed to add in.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Word, by not munchkining (it was extremely difficult, no lie) i was awarded Mercenary Adventures Bootcamp bonuses and 4 MOS Skills.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

say652 wrote:Word, by not munchkining (it was extremely difficult, no lie) i was awarded Mercenary Adventures Bootcamp bonuses and 4 MOS Skills.

Nice, it can be hard at times more so when some one comes from extreams. Glad you got a reward for doing the right thing.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I'm so used to creating characters that can take on a Robot battlion and win the limits were.....troublesome. lol
Somehow i ended up role-playing "Handsome Rob" as a talker, willing to accept surrender and use reason over fists.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

You won't get any extra stat boosts from them but like cyborgs I believe they still gain the extra side benefits such as extra attack for taking boxing and things of that nature but attribute bonuses are all lost simply because they are not applicable.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Having a legit character is cool, now if a Play by Post Canon Forums game only existed..........
Anywhooo, me and the leyline walker are getting beat up by a Tigerclaw Raptor pack.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

You can add in extra features beyond the standard, if you don't mind the increased risk of rejection that everything you add beyond the standard load-out to get more diversity.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Nightmask wrote:You can add in extra features beyond the standard, if you don't mind the increased risk of rejection that everything you add beyond the standard load-out to get more diversity.

I rolled 2 additional cybernetic systems.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Did Ultimate introduce a no SDC for Borg's rule or is it from some earlier errata? Couldn't find in RMB so I would have originally let them have it.

Dragon Hatchlings too if Physical were an available skill category..I guess not the case until England when Chaing Ku could get OCCs.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I'm ok with how the character turned out.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Axelmania wrote:Did Ultimate introduce a no SDC for Borg's rule or is it from some earlier errata? Couldn't find in RMB so I would have originally let them have it.

I think it was in a Q&A somewhere that 'borgs became MDC beings, but I wouldn't be able to tell you which one. I know my first group always treated 'borgs as SDC beings up until RUE came out though. I want to say 'borgs were changed because of the introduction of phase weapons and people not having a clear understanding of how much SDC/HP a 'borg should have.

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Last edited by The Beast on Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

And The Valiant Anti Monster Handsome Rob met his end today, battling three Black-Winged Monster-Men by himself.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

what book are the black winged monster men from?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:what book are the black winged monster men from?

Spirit West
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Return to “Rifts®”