Clone bodies

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Full borgs can be turned human again

Yes.
71%
No.
29%

Total votes: 21

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Clone bodies

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

taalismn wrote:
kaid wrote:[
In theory most of the tech needed to do this clearly does exist at least in some hands on rifts earth. The conciousness transfer would be the hardest part although in rifts earth scooping out and replacing a brain appears to be fully possible so that clearly would be one avenue for making a replacement body.

Alien technologies on the other hand(#koff#atlantis dimensional market#koff#)

If course, brain transplants on Rifts Earth can have dark sides too....
a) Delayed Rejection...how's your drug supply?
b) Gimmicked Body...This would be especially true of biosystem-assembled bodies...Is your body provider reeliable? Or did they take some shortcuts? Or maybe they slipped in an 'insurance policy' into your new body.
c) Bodysnatcher---Who sex it has to be YOUR cloned body you swap over into? Why not steal a body,? And a new identity while you're at it? :twisted:

Cloned body parts in Rifts are said to have no chance of rejection IIRC.

B and C....now you know why back alley cyber docs are never worth the risk... :D
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:[
B and C....now you know why back alley cyber docs are never worth the risk... :D

"Well, I kinda maxed out my credit cards on my gun rack, so I had to go to 'Carniculture Dan's Delicatessen and Cloning Works' for their body-replacement-and-free-knockwurst special."
Last edited by taalismn on Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

CS,s Soldiers give Dna,the Ones who die,get Cloned/Mix,in Tech Wombs,until birth,then ther raised in Government Orphanages,so ther CS Pops das not get lower.
That What I do for CS,NGR and CCW.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

One other (albeit; rather dangerous / treacherous) method... Splyn or other Sploogorthian biomancer market.
They'd LOVE to play with mortal bio-mass. :demon:
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

Random D-bee mad scientist(especially from the Heroes/Aliens Unlimited universe, so you can use the Eugenic Superheroes tables...they have 'cloned being' as an option under the origin table).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
rem1093
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by rem1093 »

What if the body's are kept in a induced coma.That way they can say that they are already brain dead and it wouldn't mater what happens to the body. You know, no moral problems.
taalismn
Priest

rem1093 wrote:What if the body's are kept in a induced coma.That way they can say that they are already brain dead and it wouldn't mater what happens to the body. You know, no moral problems.

'Induced Coma' was Robin Cook's gimmick for turning people into organ donors. It's also the fine legal line walked in Larry Niven's 'Known Space' series where during the pre-FTL interstellar era, the laws of the industrialized nations(and then the UN) go rather death penalty-happy when it comes to sentencing people to the organ banks...they drop people into cryogenic comas to the point where their life signs drop below a certain point. It's mentioned in the storyline that they can still be revived safely, but it's pretty much never done, and that point of low life functions if the point at which the convicted is signed off on and subsequently harvested. It's all played for Body Horror and Medical Menace.
On Rifts Earth, the law's a lot looser, I imagine, and those with the capabilities to clone bodies pretty much either don't give a damn about moral qualms(Lone Star), or have decided not to go the route of killing potential people(Triax? Lazlo?).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”