Camazotz victory on Yucatan

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

SolCannibal
Champion

Camazotz victory on Yucatan

Unread post by SolCannibal »

Is it ever explained how did the Old Bat exactly rid the whole region of the weird effect that superimposed a part of the Xibalbans' home dimension all over the Yucatan Peninsula? Is anything said about it on VK Revised, Sourcebook: Vampires or any other "recent" books?

I'm kind of curious on how permanent/maitenance dependent might the change be, if the demon lords might or not make a comeback, how people in North America states might react to the fact Yucatan "returned" (remember, it could not be sighted or reached except by land) in recent years and other similar tidbits to maybe toy and tinker with in future games.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Camazotz victory on Yucatan

Unread post by eliakon »

SolCannibal wrote:Is it ever explained how did the Old Bat exactly rid the whole region of the weird effect that superimposed a part of the Xibalbans' home dimension all over the Yucatan Peninsula? Is anything said about it on VK Revised, Sourcebook: Vampires or any other "recent" books?

I'm kind of curious on how permanent/maitenance dependent might the change be, if the demon lords might or not make a comeback, how people in North America states might react to the fact Yucatan "returned" (remember, it could not be sighted or reached except by land) in recent years and other similar tidbits to maybe toy and tinker with in future games.

It still is dimensionally isolated and weird.
It's just that he kicked all the other guys out of it and sent them back to the full Xilballa Dimension and/or killed them.

It mentions that he is using the isolation as a protection while he is consolidating power and building for his next expansion.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
SolCannibal
Champion

eliakon wrote:
SolCannibal wrote:Is it ever explained how did the Old Bat exactly rid the whole region of the weird effect that superimposed a part of the Xibalbans' home dimension all over the Yucatan Peninsula? Is anything said about it on VK Revised, Sourcebook: Vampires or any other "recent" books?

It still is dimensionally isolated and weird.
It's just that he kicked all the other guys out of it and sent them back to the full Xilballa Dimension and/or killed them.

It mentions that he is using the isolation as a protection while he is consolidating power and building for his next expansion.

That.... is kind of strange, as it seemed that the merging with the Xibalbans' dimension and Yucatan being "out of synch" with Rifts Earth were part of the same phenomenom and the peninsula was part of their realm for all purposes. Looks like i'll have to take some more time with the books to get a better hang of what actually happened and how...
SolCannibal
Champion

On a little aside, there's something across in Pantheons of the Megaverse that really caugh my attention...

The Aztec gods, led by Tezcatlipoca, have tried to take over Yucatan, but have been repelled by the Mayan deities, vampire intelligences and the myriad other races and peoples that control the land. The Aztec gods have regrouped and are concentrating on the Vampire Kingdoms in hope of ruling over them.

Something that really surprises me, as i don't remember any reference to serious presence of the mayan pantheon in Yucatan - or the Vampire Kingdoms as a whole, for that matter - beside Camazotz, who might (or not) be the real thing from the little i have seen actually discussed in the books.

Does anyone know of anything more on the mayan deities on Rifts Earth beside what's on Vampire Kingdoms, Vampire Kingdoms Revised or Sourcebook: Vampires?
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

They wouldn't be the first gods who get a mention and we know they're in play but are x-factors due to being non-statted
SolCannibal
Champion

Axelmania wrote:They wouldn't be the first gods who get a mention and we know they're in play but are x-factors due to being non-statted

Well, it's kind of weird in this particular case because the unlike Aztecs, whom the mayan supposedly defeated and kept out of Yucatan, unlike them have been fully statted in Pantheons of the Megaverse, nothing coming of it in the years since.

It's a very weird (im)balance between nothing being said and at the same time too much info, at least it feels that way to me, so i wanted to know if the weirdness stands or someone caught other stuff in the books i might have missed.

Return to “Rifts®”