Magestock

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

Magestock

Unread post by Axelmania »

Taking a good look at Final Siege today, had only skimmed it in the past to avoid spoilers in case I got to play in a game, but I finally noticed this city... is this the first book to mention it? Page 12 the first appearance? All previous I think only had mentioned Tolkeen/Freehold but don't remember this. Suddenly it's a "Tri-City Area" (cue Doofenshmirtz) which does make sense in respect to the triangular defense, but this makes the kingdom 50% cooler since now I can think of it as having 3 main cities not 2.

Does anyone know if anything is elaborated on what roles Freehold/Magestock/Tolkeen each respectively took in regard to governing smaller villages in the Tolkeen kingdom?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Magestock

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Magestock was tolkeens TW center, an industrial city that made all (or at least, most) of tolkeens TW gear. It and Freehold had no role in governance, that was for the five baronies and the council
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
SolCannibal
Champion

Re: Magestock

Unread post by SolCannibal »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Magestock was tolkeens TW center, an industrial city that made all (or at least, most) of tolkeens TW gear. It and Freehold had no role in governance, that was for the five baronies and the council

So it might be said to be a souped-up industrial district/satelite of sorts more than a separate and independent allied city?

Is it mentioned in any other books before Final Siege?

Return to “Rifts®”