Circle of Travel

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Can the circles for Circle of Travel be moved (relative to the ground)?

It can move
36%
It can not move
64%

Total votes: 14

dragonfett
Knight

Circle of Travel

Unread post by dragonfett »

This question sprang to mind reading another topic (building a magical Special Forces team). Can Circle of Travel be placed on a fabric/tarp and moved, or does the Circle of Travel have to stay in a single spot?
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Circle of Travel

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

dragonfett wrote:This question sprang to mind reading another topic (building a magical Special Forces team). Can Circle of Travel be placed on a fabric/tarp and moved, or does the Circle of Travel have to stay in a single spot?

Seems possible, but sinse the circle has to be uncovered it could only be used when unrolled and perfectly flat.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

From what I remember of it you have to inscribe the location of the other end in each circle and you can't very well inscribe a moving location on either end so no.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The spell text of the Circle of Travel ritual is written such that both circles have to have the location of the other one written into it.

W/o a GM's intervention this precludes making a mobile circle.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:The spell text of the Circle of Travel ritual is written such that both circles have to have the location of the other one written into it.

W/o a GM's intervention this precludes making a mobile circle.

You can't write "The matching Rug" as the other location? Why not?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

They can canonically be moving. We know this because page 142 of Mystic Russia lists Circle of Travel as a common means of protection for Gypsy Wagons.
Since Gypsy Wagons are, by definition, mobile it follows that the circles are too. This means that you can, at a minimum put them from one vehicle to another vehicle.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Nightmask
Palladin

eliakon wrote:They can canonically be moving. We know this because page 142 of Mystic Russia lists Circle of Travel as a common means of protection for Gypsy Wagons.
Since Gypsy Wagons are, by definition, mobile it follows that the circles are too. This means that you can, at a minimum put them from one vehicle to another vehicle.

Considering Circles of Travel aren't protective circles exactly how is a non-protection circle providing protection?
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Nightmask wrote:From what I remember of it you have to inscribe the location of the other end in each circle and you can't very well inscribe a moving location on either end so no.

All locations are moving.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Nightmask wrote:
eliakon wrote:They can canonically be moving. We know this because page 142 of Mystic Russia lists Circle of Travel as a common means of protection for Gypsy Wagons.

Considering Circles of Travel aren't protective circles exactly how is a non-protection circle providing protection?

Escaping angry mobs (or cops, or monsters, or whatever) protects you from them.

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Nightmask wrote:

Exactly.
And the point is that the book makes a blanket canon statement that this spell is one of the spells that is available for use on wagons.
Period.
That automatically means that it can be used on the wagons.
Any statement that it can not be used on wagons is a house rule that conflicts with canon.
Determining if it would work for something like a carpet is less clear, but we can safely conclude that for vehicles of at least a minimum size of the Gypsy Wagon they work... because we know that they do so.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

And here I only looked at the text of the spell.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Nightmask wrote:From what I remember of it you have to inscribe the location of the other end in each circle and you can't very well inscribe a moving location on either end so no.

Which is why, when I asked my question in the poll itself, I specifically stated relative to the ground.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

ok having looked at the spell, and thought on it some..

the spell specifies location, in a geographic sense. but since most geographic co-ordinate methods rely on arbitrary numbers and references, figuring out how to specify location had me stumped.
especially if you can move the circles as part of a wagon.
however there is one way you could do it that would allow both.

when determining location, you need a fixed point of reference to measure all the others from.

when you make the 1st circle, that circle becomes your fixed point, and you determine the vector and distance to your 2nd circle using it. the 2nd circle is made basically the same way, showing the location of the 1st circle relative to the 2nd one. this would likely be integrated into the visual design of the magic circle, like say a smaller circle placed with the main circle, with the position and distance relative to the center of the main circle dictating the location of the 2nd magic circle.

this would allow for the circles to be moved, since the locations are not tied to any particular place on a map, but rather the relative angles and distances between the two circles. so if you put on circle on a cart, and then move it, you just need to draw a new 2nd circle in the new position. or if you put both onto a cart, you just have to park the 2nd cart in the right spot, and they'll work.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

actually, the spell just says location, not "geographic location". If you have two wagons, "Wagon A" and "Wagon B", and inscribe on circle A "Wagon B" and inscribe on circle B "Wagon A", I can't think of any reason the spell wouldn't work. it knows to track both wagons. it's not like you need a map to use the spell.

Killer Cyborg
Priest

dragonfett wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

Which is why, when I asked my question in the poll itself, I specifically stated relative to the ground.

Right.
And since the spell does NOT state "relative to the ground," then I think it'd be a house rule to introduce that kind of restriction on the spell.

If Circle of Travel ( or any teleport type spell) isn't confused by the Earth (or any location on the Earth) not being quite where it was a while ago, why would it be confused about a wagon being in a different location?

It wouldn't.

Killer Cyborg
Priest

Nekira Sudacne wrote:actually, the spell just says location, not "geographic location".

Yup.

Nightmask
Palladin

Nekira Sudacne wrote:actually, the spell just says location, not "geographic location". If you have two wagons, "Wagon A" and "Wagon B", and inscribe on circle A "Wagon B" and inscribe on circle B "Wagon A", I can't think of any reason the spell wouldn't work. it knows to track both wagons. it's not like you need a map to use the spell.

You couldn't consider a carpet a location then, a carpet/rug/etc is a thing not a location. The wagon is really just barely qualifying by that criteria as a location.

Nightmask
Palladin

Killer Cyborg wrote:

Not relative to the Earth they aren't.

Nightmask
Palladin

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Nightmask wrote:

Okay now that's just being ridiculous, might as well argue that a fireball spell is a protection spell because it protects you by killing whoever's attacking you. Both arguments fail to qualify as actual protection magicks.

Killer Cyborg
Priest

Nightmask wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:
Nightmask wrote:

Okay now that's just being ridiculous, might as well argue that a fireball spell is a protection spell because it protects you by killing whoever's attacking you.

Yes.
Or that a firearm is a form of protection, because it protects you by killing or intimidating whoever is attacking you.
You know... the way that the word "protection" is commonly used.

Both arguments fail to qualify as actual protection magicks.

You're the only one here talking about "protection magicks" as if it was a thing.
All anybody else is talking about is that gypsies use Circles of Travel as a common means of protection.

Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

This makes me wonder if there's massive gypsy wagons out there serving as hubs containing dozens of circles for smaller gypsy wagons which only have 1 circle to connect to.

Gypsies may save using these for emergencies though (like abandoning a wagon that's about to be destroyed to flee to a save haven) rather than for convenience ("time for a family reunion with our cousins in the wagon across the lake! why wakl when we can open a portal?") because the spell involves the opening of a dimensional Rift.

Aside from this pointing questionable characters in your direction. Unlike ley line walkers (who only sense big/small and near/far) Shifters can also sense the general direction an opened Rift is in, which can put them in pursuit of your Caravan.

The latest stats on Poltergeists (Dark Conversions page 77, page 214 of RUE still directs us to use DC) did change the (unrevised) Conversion Book page 176 entry a bit, from:
    "A few poltergeists enter into our dimension every time a dimensional portal is opened or when a natural dimensional rift occurs at a ley line nexus"
    to
    "A few Poltergeist enter into our dimension almost every time a dimensional portal is opened or a natural dimensional Rift occurs at a ley line nexus"

The "almost" gives GM flexibility to have some situations where a few don't enter (maybe none, maybe 1, maybe a plurality smaller than a few?) but "almost every" is still pretty fequent and "a few" is more than an isolated problem.

Gypsies who have a circle of travel will likely have mages and psychics on hand to deal with poltergeists but it's still an added hassle they would have to consider if they wanted to use this casually.

On the other hand, and I'm only realizing the potential now... this is a really cheap way to get lots of poltergeists! 30 PPE a pop if you're the circle creator (60 PPE a pop if you're someone who is not the creator but is a Shifter, Temporal Raider or Ley Line Walker) getting "a few almost every time" you use it is way cheaper than spending 250 a pop on Summon and Control Entity. That would basically be useful since you could get other kinds of entities more useful than a Poltergeist.

Come to think of it, Mystic Portal also costs 60 (and would be cheaper to buy teaching for since level 10 instead of level 15) and would also release a few poltergeists (almost) every time it was used.

Sure makes you think about the effects of TW armor/vehicles that have mystic portal built into them... even psychics can summon Poltergeists now :D

Control and Enslave entities (also a 10th level spell like Mystic Portal) is a great compliment for directing those poltergeists to follow your commands. Normally mischevious creatures could become very dangerous, sucking up the gypsies ISP/PPE and using it to power telekinetic attacks.

Gypsies will want to be prepared with amulets of see invisible (when the poltergeists are in eyeline) or sense the presence of spirits (when they're not) and maybe have a protection circle ready.

This makes me wonder... if you open a rift inside of a protection circle, or otherwise activate a protection circle after an entity is already within its confines, what happens to the poltergeists? Are they trapped within the circle or forced out in a random direction? "keeping lesser supernatural creatures five feet away from its outer edge" sounds like a circle with a radius greater than 5 feet could be used to contain a creature in its center. "nor enter the circle" doesn't seem to apply since the entity isn't actually entering if it's just remaining present inside the circle it was inside to begin with.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

I would quibble that mystic portal is not dimensional portal

Axelmania
Knight

It says "a dimensional portal" not "the level 15 Dimensional Portal spell" so all we need is a portal that's dimensional.

Mystic Portals are obviously portals, it's in the name, and "a portal or passage will appear" and "The portal can be placed" and "the portal side" and "the portal and the person" and "a new portal" shows the word recurs.

RUE p 219 opens with "This spell creates a dimensional Rift in the fabric of space" so I think that qualifies it for "dimensional" as well.

Also prone to releasing poltergeists would be the Shifter's new "4. Dimensional Travel" power on the left of RUE 122.

Also the (kind of misleading name) "6. Dimensional Teleport Home" ability (even though "Dimensional Teleport" is repeated again in the description, it goes on to describe it as "The ability to Rift home" then the "Rifting on the Same World" section)

This was originally called "5. Dimensional rift home" on RMB p 87 (although that too confusingly contained the text "he can always dimensional teleport home" then "The ability to rift home")

Normally you don't see Rifts/teleport used so interchangeably...

I'm not sure about "5. Communication Rift" in RUE yet. It's a "micro-Rift" sure, but are Rifts always necessarily a "portal" or "dimensional"?

It mentions that natural ebb/flow can turn it into a "full-blown dimensional gateway" implying it was not already one, but it's not clear which aspect it wasn't:
    1) was it a dimensional gateway but not full-blown?
    2) was it a full blown dimensional portal but not a gateway?
    3) was it a full blown gateway but not dimensional?
3 seems conditional on your destination. I believe it would qualify as dimensional if it connected to another dimension but I'm not sure if it would if it connected to another place on the same dimension.

Just because Mystic Portals are dimensional Rifts wouldn't necessarily mean that all micro-Rifts connecting on the same plane like a Mystic Portal are dimensional too.

Most tellingly is "must get a new Communication Rift or true dimensional portal" which implies that Communication Rifts are not "true" dimensional portals.

Though that could just apply to same-world ones, they may be true DPs if connecting to other dimensions.

This isn't a huge deal in mechanics though, it's a 50 PPE power at best so the 30 PPE for opening a CoT is still cheaper and the best way to summon entities.

RUE 222's level 11 spells "Re-Open Gateway" and "Rift Teleportation" are other ways mages are lettering poltergeists into Earth

Makes me wonder how Shadow Beasts get here... they might just be teleported (rather than rifted) like the Summon Entity spell so it might be okay.
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Nightmask wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:
Nightmask wrote:

Okay now that's just being ridiculous, might as well argue that a fireball spell is a protection spell because it protects you by killing whoever's attacking you. Both arguments fail to qualify as actual protection magicks.

You can take it up with the canon then.
The book says that, in official Palladium Canon that Circle of Travel is one of the various kinds of protection magic that are sometimes used.
It may not be how you would prefer the word to be used, and may not fit your personal definition. But that doesn't matter in a RAW discussion. What matters in discussing RAW is what the canon says. And canon puts it on the list. We can speculate why it is there all we like... but taking it OFF the list requires a house rule to change the canon.

Nightmask
Palladin

eliakon wrote:
Nightmask wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:
Nightmask wrote:

You can take it up with the canon then.
The book says that, in official Palladium Canon that Circle of Travel is one of the various kinds of protection magic that are sometimes used.
It may not be how you would prefer the word to be used, and may not fit your personal definition. But that doesn't matter in a RAW discussion. What matters in discussing RAW is what the canon says. And canon puts it on the list. We can speculate why it is there all we like... but taking it OFF the list requires a house rule to change the canon.

Okay see now that's just wrong, because it's not my 'personal definition' for what protection means it's the actual definition of what protection means. It's not a house rule with my own made up definition for the word it's what the actual word means, and Circle of Travel is NOT a protection magic. The fact someone CLEARLY mislabeled it as a protection magic in the Gypsy entry does not make it a protection magic it makes it one of many mistakes that the books have.

Killer Cyborg
Priest

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/protection

Protection

1. the act of protecting or the state of being protected; preservation from injury or harm.

Nightmask
Palladin

Killer Cyborg wrote:http://www.dictionary.com/browse/protection

Protection

1. the act of protecting or the state of being protected; preservation from injury or harm.

Hence why Circle Of Travel is NOT a protection magic, because again trying to claim that it is would classify virtually every spell as protection magic. After all a spell for flying 'protects' you by letting you flee a threat, same with teleportation, and fireballs 'protect' you by killing a threat, and so on. One is extending the definition of the word to where it means something entirely different than it actually does.

13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Nightmask wrote:

Protection

Hence why Circle Of Travel is NOT a protection magic, because again trying to claim that it is would classify virtually every spell as protection magic. After all a spell for flying 'protects' you by letting you flee a threat, same with teleportation, and fireballs 'protect' you by killing a threat, and so on. One is extending the definition of the word to where it means something entirely different than it actually does.

Question: Is it your position that the semantics of the word Protection remove the fact that Circle of Travel is explicitly listed as being part of the Gypsy Wagon in Mystic Russia (page 142), or is it your position that it should be listed under a different section of the write-up rather than Magical Protection, or is it your position that the Magical Protection section of the Gypsy Wagon in Mystic Russia should be renamed?
If none of the above what is your position, and why is the name of the section of the Gypsy Wagon write-up in Mystic Russia that explicitly state the spell Circle of Magic is a part of the wagon of such paramount importance that the semantics of the word 'protection' are being so hotly debated?
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Nightmask wrote:

Protection

Hence why Circle Of Travel is NOT a protection magic, because again trying to claim that it is would classify virtually every spell as protection magic.

And?

After all a spell for flying 'protects' you by letting you flee a threat, same with teleportation, and fireballs 'protect' you by killing a threat, and so on. One is extending the definition of the word to where it means something entirely different than it actually does.

Fleeing a threat and killing a threat does--by the definition of the word--"protect" you.
So when you say that using it that way makes the word "mean something entirely different than it actually does," I'm left wondering what you think the word "actually does" mean.

flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

I let it move for the same reason I let someone teleport from one frame of reference to another without having to deal with the differing relative velocities.

I usually approach these kinds of questions thusly:
1. which answer is more empowering for the players?
2. does that answer change my setting in a way I don't like?

I don't see being able to move circles of travel as damaging to my setting and it's certainly more empowering for the players, so I'd allow it.

Is it canon? No idea. Not addressing obvious questions like this is pretty standard for Palladium, so I've stopped caring what their opinion is.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Axelmania
Knight

Travel can be protective in certain contexts. It doesn't make Circle of Protection ALWAYS protective, but the gypsies use it for a protective/evacuatory purpose so it is in that context.

If I used a circle of travel to enter into a hospital because I wanted to eat everyone, in that context it wouldn't be protective.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Axelmania wrote:Travel can be protective in certain contexts. It doesn't make Circle of Protection ALWAYS protective, but the gypsies use it for a protective/evacuatory purpose so it is in that context.

If I used a circle of travel to enter into a hospital because I wanted to eat everyone, in that context it wouldn't be protective.

Unless you wanted to eat them in self defense.
;)

eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

13eowulf wrote:
Nightmask wrote:

Protection

Question: Is it your position that the semantics of the word Protection remove the fact that Circle of Travel is explicitly listed as being part of the Gypsy Wagon in Mystic Russia (page 142), or is it your position that it should be listed under a different section of the write-up rather than Magical Protection, or is it your position that the Magical Protection section of the Gypsy Wagon in Mystic Russia should be renamed?
If none of the above what is your position, and why is the name of the section of the Gypsy Wagon write-up in Mystic Russia that explicitly state the spell Circle of Magic is a part of the wagon of such paramount importance that the semantics of the word 'protection' are being so hotly debated?

Wulf brings up a good point.
Setting aside the semantics of the word "protection"... we still have the write up in Mystic Russia to deal with. We can either
-say that the entire write up is in error, throw out the entire section
-say that the word 'protection' doesn't matter and throw out that one word
-say that the word 'protection' does apply and keep it.
But what ever we do, we still have to deal with the spell being listed as being one of the spells installed in Gypsy Wagons.

Thus it would seem we basically have a flow chart of two options.
A=1) we can say that Mystic Russia is canon and the spell can have mobile tethers
or
A=2) we can say that Mystic Russia is NOT canon and the spell can not have mobile tethers.

Once that is decided then we can go to B
If A=2 then we stop because we have said 'no mobile'
If A=1 then we have to settle B
If B=1 then the circles tether point needs no minimum size, just some sort of referent (in wagon such and such, on carpet such and such, in state room 53 of the Titanic, what ever)
If B=2 then the circles tether point needs a minimum size. A size which while we have to determine, though we can safely assume that it can be at least as small as a wagon (how ever large or small that is).

Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Killer Cyborg wrote:

Is it about absolute movement or relative movement. Absolute movement every thing is moving typically when people talk about movement on a planet it is relative movement.

A light house has 0 relative movement to the planet and is said to be standing sill or not moving; even though the planet it is on is moving. A car traveling 50 miles is relative movement related to the planet.

As we know some wards are disrupted when moved and the planet is always moving it is likely magic is using the common relative movement on a planet and not absolute movement of things through space time.

It is possible that the when they make the circle of travel in their wagon they use an fixed spot as the second circle and when they make it they list the currant location of the second circle as a fixed point. That could mean that travel is one way after they move the wagon an the circle is not in the location listed in the second circle and only the first circle can open travel.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Axelmania
Knight

Possible if one is limited to describing location in terms of longitude and latitude. I don't think a navigation skill is needed to use the spell though so simply knowing where you are linking the circle could be enough. Earth is a mobile tether in respect to the son as the moon is to earth as a moon satellite is to the moon.
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Blue_Lion wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:

Is it about absolute movement or relative movement. Absolute movement every thing is moving typically when people talk about movement on a planet it is relative movement.

A light house has 0 relative movement to the planet and is said to be standing sill or not moving; even though the planet it is on is moving. A car traveling 50 miles is relative movement related to the planet.

As we know some wards are disrupted when moved and the planet is always moving it is likely magic is using the common relative movement on a planet and not absolute movement of things through space time.

It is possible that the when they make the circle of travel in their wagon they use an fixed spot as the second circle and when they make it they list the currant location of the second circle as a fixed point. That could mean that travel is one way after they move the wagon an the circle is not in the location listed in the second circle and only the first circle can open travel.

That is one possible house rule I guess.
It would require changing the spell by adding in unwritten limitations ("one, and only one of these circles can be mobile. But only if it is linked to an immobile circle. When this is done the spell changes and no longer functions as listed but becomes a one way spell only.")

I am of the opinion that the simplest explanation is the one in use.
Specifically that the circles do exactly what the descriptions says it does. It links two locations. And that it seems that "the inside of a wagon" is sufficiently "A location" to be used as a destination of the spell.

Killer Cyborg
Priest

Actually, the two locations are the circles.

Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

I'd have it work in a vehicle, like an APC or something...
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)

Return to “Rifts®”