Rifts Miniatures

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Rifts Miniatures

Unread post by Juce734 »

I would love to see what you guys have done for miniatures to use for Rifts. With Savage Rifts coming out now too I am sure some others have the same questions. Please show pictures of your miniatures you use.

Thanks,
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
J_cobbers
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Rifts Miniatures

Unread post by J_cobbers »

I have a full set from back in the late 90's when PB thought they'd be discontinuing them. I didn't get around to painting them all, but I did the GB in silver; and all the CS troops, skelebots, skycycle and SAMAUS's in a flat black with red eyes. I think I even painted the Red, blue and gold borgs too in testors enamel paint.

Actually I'd love to see new mini's done in high strength plastic or in a similar material to hero clicks, as anytime any of the multi part minis fell over, pieces would fall off (Samus and sky cycle wings, borg missle launchers etc.)
My contribution to the world shall be a meat based vegitable subsitute.
This message brought to you by the Rifts (R) Ogre Party of North America (TM).
Vote Ogre Party 2016, "A 4th Human Baby in Every Pot!"(C)
"Make Babies Taste Great Again"(C)
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Juce734 »

J_cobbers wrote:I have a full set from back in the late 90's when PB thought they'd be discontinuing them. I didn't get around to painting them all, but I did the GB in silver; and all the CS troops, skelebots, skycycle and SAMAUS's in a flat black with red eyes. I think I even painted the Red, blue and gold borgs too in testors enamel paint.

Actually I'd love to see new mini's done in high strength plastic or in a similar material to hero clicks, as anytime any of the multi part minis fell over, pieces would fall off (Samus and sky cycle wings, borg missle launchers etc.)

That is awesome. Do you have pictures of the ones you did paint?
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
J_cobbers
Dungeon Crawler

Juce734 wrote:
J_cobbers wrote:I have a full set from back in the late 90's when PB thought they'd be discontinuing them. I didn't get around to painting them all, but I did the GB in silver; and all the CS troops, skelebots, skycycle and SAMAUS's in a flat black with red eyes. I think I even painted the Red, blue and gold borgs too in testors enamel paint.

That is awesome. Do you have pictures of the ones you did paint?

They're buried in a box somewhere, I haven't used them in years. I'll see if I can dig them out and snap some pictures. No promises these will likely look pretty rough!
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

I wouldn't be surprised if most people who use minis when they play Rifts end up buying Warhammer 40K stuff. After all, it's pretty much the default if you want future-nazis with skulls everywhere :)
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

Since I game online on Roll20, I have made a couple of my own for my players (in my game), plus it comes with a lot of free tokens.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

On drivethru rpg there is a set of paper mini's for rifts which is nice for at least stuff to set up. The old pewter minis were pretty nice I had the glitter boy and the red borg not sure where they are though after I moved some stuff was placed for safe keeping that is so safe I can't find it hehe.
Mechghost
Explorer

Unread post by Mechghost »

I always wanted some but never got the chance, I've used my 40K mini's for the most part, and some mini's from an old forgotten sci-fi game that I can't remember the name for
"Did you find him?"
"Just the parts they didn't like..."
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

i make paper stand ins as necessary. Madmanmike made some for pb and they are for sale on drivethrurpg as well
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Juce734 »

jaymz wrote:i make paper stand ins as necessary. Madmanmike made some for pb and they are for sale on drivethrurpg as well

Yeah I have seen Mikes. I noticed in a preview on his Deviant Art he had a preview of ones and it showed a Glitterboy. Then I noticed he doesn't have an actual Glitterboy in any of his sets. I did think about getting those but my group prefers actual 3d miniatures. I bought a Hulk Buster toy for an iPhone App and plan on turning that into a big power armor. Also picked up War Machine which is about 2 inches tall and will be a suitable Glitterboy in my opinion.
J_cobbers
Dungeon Crawler

So I found mine and set them up on a bookshelf for some quick pictures. Not too many got painted as I mentioned before and the ones that did have very basic paint jobs. I couldn't get one pic to load to my google drive this morning before work, but here's what I got for you're viewing pleasure.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Juce734 »

J_cobbers wrote:So I found mine and set them up on a bookshelf for some quick pictures. Not too many got painted as I mentioned before and the ones that did have very basic paint jobs. I couldn't get one pic to load to my google drive this morning before work, but here's what I got for you're viewing pleasure.

Pic 1
Pic 2
Pic 3
Pic 4

The sculpts look decent.
J_cobbers
Dungeon Crawler

Juce734 wrote:
The sculpts look decent.

A good number of them really are. The CS troops, dog boys, sky cycle and SAMAS are some of the best. I also think they Simvan and Ostrosaurs and Atlantean Overlord are well detailed.

The Glitterboy, red/blue/gold borgs, skelebots and some of the random adventures feel kinda so-so to me, but not bad.

The GB pilot, generic borg/headhunter, and a few others could be better.

As I recall the Xits and other multipart sculpts tended to be tricky in terms of their durability and gluing them together properly and getting them to stay together in my amateur hands. And you can see that some of them have broken apart over the years and or I have lost a piece or two as well.
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Juce734 »

J_cobbers wrote:
Juce734 wrote:
The sculpts look decent.

A good number of them really are. The CS troops, dog boys, sky cycle and SAMAS are some of the best. I also think they Simvan and Ostrosaurs and Atlantean Overlord are well detailed.

The Glitterboy, red/blue/gold borgs, skelebots and some of the random adventures feel kinda so-so to me, but not bad.

The GB pilot, generic borg/headhunter, and a few others could be better.

As I recall the Xits and other multipart sculpts tended to be tricky in terms of their durability and gluing them together properly and getting them to stay together in my amateur hands. And you can see that some of them have broken apart over the years and or I have lost a piece or two as well.

Yeah that has been the gripe I have heard. To me shelling out money for miniatures I would expect them to hold up easily for a really long time.
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

I still have the full range of minis in blister packs; I bought them during AIT, and never had a chance to do a thing with them. Every now and then I see them in the box I have them in (along with random minis for AD&D, mostly Grenadier company stuff that I never got around to doing aught with).
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

Has anybody used a 3D printer for minis?
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.

Return to “Rifts®”