Mutants and Advanced Training

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sambot
Adventurer

Mutants and Advanced Training

Unread post by Sambot »

Hi,

My apologies if this has been asked before but are the Mutants from World Book 11: Lone Star still being used by the Coalition and if so are any of them eligible for the Advanced Training found in Heroes of Humanity?

I'm also wondering if the Coalition would be making other types of mutants? Not just for the Army but for their Air Force and Navy as well?

Blue_Lion
Knight

Re: Mutants and Advanced Training

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Unless they say that all specimen are destroyed there still would be some around. Only think the rats where destroyed.

Generally I would say no the CS would not give them advanced training. Feral/rouge ones may have had access to other types of training.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Sambot
Adventurer

Unread post by Sambot »

Blue_Lion wrote:Unless they say that all specimen are destroyed there still would be some around. Only think the rats where destroyed.

Generally I would say no the CS would not give them advanced training. Feral/rouge ones may have had access to other types of training.

I thought there were too many feral rats to be destroyed?

I would have thought so except Dog Boys can receive some advanced training. That's what made me wonder. If Dog Boys can why not at least some of the others?

Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

as mutants go, dog boys are far more trusted than the others (probably in large measure because they're far more loyal over all). none of the other mutants seem to enjoy anywhere near the same level of trust. obviously, that doesn't grant them any real rights to, say, decide whether they want to be the coalition's slave-soldiers or not, but it does mean they can be trusted with greater resources and training than other slave-soldiers.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

My favorite Mutant Animals are the Mutant Bats.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Sambot wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:Unless they say that all specimen are destroyed there still would be some around. Only think the rats where destroyed.

I thought there were too many feral rats to be destroyed?

I would have thought so except Dog Boys can receive some advanced training. That's what made me wonder. If Dog Boys can why not at least some of the others?

All CS rats have been destroyed, the feral ones are killed when found and receive no training from the CS.

Dog boys are the only mutant animal that receives a level of trust from the CS high command.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Pretty sure HoH says that Dogboys CAN get AT. I don't have the book infront of me but I'm pretty sure.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Sambot wrote:Hi,

My apologies if this has been asked before but are the Mutants from World Book 11: Lone Star still being used by the Coalition and if so are any of them eligible for the Advanced Training found in Heroes of Humanity?

I'm also wondering if the Coalition would be making other types of mutants? Not just for the Army but for their Air Force and Navy as well?

If they are with the CS or some other larger military organization it would be a GM call but it likely would be an option. Just as in our current military the AT is basically side schools like ranger school for people who show some innate ability in a certain direction to give them specific training. I could easily see dog boys being offered the EOD or anti supernatural AT because those are key jobs for dog boys and some are going to be better at it than others.

As for other mutants we do know that the CS has experimented with different options at least on limited scales. The navy does have a specialty breed newfundland dog boy breed that was made pretty specifically for it.
Sambot
Adventurer

Unread post by Sambot »

Blue_Lion wrote:All CS rats have been destroyed, the feral ones are killed when found and receive no training from the CS.

Oh okay. Thanks :)

Blue_Lion wrote:Dog boys are the only mutant animal that receives a level of trust from the CS high command.

Shark_Force wrote:as mutants go, dog boys are far more trusted than the others (probably in large measure because they're far more loyal over all). none of the other mutants seem to enjoy anywhere near the same level of trust. obviously, that doesn't grant them any real rights to, say, decide whether they want to be the coalition's slave-soldiers or not, but it does mean they can be trusted with greater resources and training than other slave-soldiers.

Well with the CS issuing so many pardons I would have thought they'd be more open to advanced training for some of their other mutants. Maybe not all and not as many options as Dog Boys but some.

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Pretty sure HoH says that Dogboys CAN get AT. I don't have the book infront of me but I'm pretty sure.

It says so in mine.

kaid wrote:
If they are with the CS or some other larger military organization it would be a GM call but it likely would be an option. Just as in our current military the AT is basically side schools like ranger school for people who show some innate ability in a certain direction to give them specific training. I could easily see dog boys being offered the EOD or anti supernatural AT because those are key jobs for dog boys and some are going to be better at it than others.

As for other mutants we do know that the CS has experimented with different options at least on limited scales. The navy does have a specialty breed newfundland dog boy breed that was made pretty specifically for it.

I guess in the absence of official information it would be a GM's call. Personally, I would think that with the Minion War happening the CS would use every resource available to fight the invaders including their mutants. To me that would mean advanced training to at least some mutants, giving others a second chance (Mutant Bats and Rats) and researching other mutant types.

Thanks everyone :)
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

given most of the CS mutant animals have some advantage over regular humans in a war vs the supernatural already (enhanced senses and detection of magic/supernatural mostly, but some of them like the killhounds and killcats are bigger, tougher, and stronger as well), and the fact the CS leadership does view it's mutant animals ultimately as expendable tools, i doubt many mutant animals would receive special training of that sort. the basic dogboy might be able to get the training, but i suspect the percentage of dogboys that receive it would be lower than the percentage of human troops that would. i'd imagine that the dogboys that receive this new training would be mainly those assigned to the more 'special forces' or 'special action' type units.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Well that goes for anyone with Special training doesn't it GB?

Your average grunt doesn't end up in "Top Gun" Flight school. The best Pilot in his Wing might end up there.

That's what the AT is supposed to symbolize. "Maverick and Goose" not just "Pilot number 14"

In theory, those that go into -Advanced training- have displayed something above the norm that them military machine is trying to capatalize on.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Well that goes for anyone with Special training doesn't it GB?

Your average grunt doesn't end up in "Top Gun" Flight school. The best Pilot in his Wing might end up there.

That's what the AT is supposed to symbolize. "Maverick and Goose" not just "Pilot number 14"

In theory, those that go into -Advanced training- have displayed something above the norm that them military machine is trying to capatalize on.

And they also come generally with a one rank promotion. AT generally are something that gets offered to somebody being groomed for command or really stands out in some way that gets the higher ups interest.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Very rarely i will say something is Munchkin.
That being said, this is a loophole skill munchkin attempt.
Blue_Lion
Knight

say652 wrote:Very rarely i will say something is Munchkin.

Wait did you just straight up call something a munchkin attempt?
Did the world come to a end? :fool:

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Blue_Lion wrote:

Wait did you just straight up call something a munchkin attempt?
Did the world come to a end? :fool:

I Know Right!! 8-)
Sambot
Adventurer

Unread post by Sambot »

I don't think so. It cost 4 future OCC Related skills or 5 existing skills to get one AT MOS Package for existing characters or all the OCC related and Secondary skills for new ones. The bonuses are also halved if the Attributes are less than desired. The bonuses are also halved for crash courses. It looks entirely possible to get the training and no bonuses at all. So I wouldn't say that it's a munchkin attempt. The costs are too high to be munchkin.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Sambot wrote:

I don't think so. It cost 4 future OCC Related skills or 5 existing skills to get one AT MOS Package for existing characters or all the OCC related and Secondary skills for new ones. The bonuses are also halved if the Attributes are less than desired. The bonuses are also halved for crash courses. It looks entirely possible to get the training and no bonuses at all. So I wouldn't say that it's a munchkin attempt. The costs are too high to be munchkin.

Search my posts, Hi I'm Say652 The Great Munchkin King.

Yes, Mutant Animals benefiting from this bonus is a Skills Munchkin. Why not add Officer School, ARMS Training, Psi Battlion Bonuses and Duel class to a magic occ.
Blue_Lion
Knight

here is a good start.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=149125

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Everyone loved my Nephco Chipwell suit. Lol

My favorite is the WA652. Heroes Unlimited has no place in Rifts. Because, you pwn Rusts Tech with HU Tech. Lmmfao
Sambot
Adventurer

Unread post by Sambot »

say652 wrote:

Search my posts, Hi I'm Say652 The Great Munchkin King.

Yes, Mutant Animals benefiting from this bonus is a Skills Munchkin. Why not add Officer School, ARMS Training, Psi Battlion Bonuses and Duel class to a magic occ.

I do not believe that they are. Dog Boys would lose all of their future additional OCC Related Skills for any AT MOS they take. That's no additional OCC Related Skills. OR they could lose (forget) five existing skills to take an AT MOS. That's for existing Characters. New Characters would have their all their OCC Related and Secondary Skills replaced with AT skills.

Also Dog Boys are not allowed into every AT and many of those they are allowed in are for crash courses only. That's half the bonuses, rounded down. For example Dog Boys can not take the Black Talon Combat Pilot AT, while Dog Boys can only take the crash course in Field Counter Intelligence AT. And if their attributes are a little bit less than required they receive half the bonuses rounded up. Crash Courses and Low Attributes could eliminate all bonuses.

Also Advanced Training isn't really a bonus. It's a sacrifice of existing skills and flexibility for improved training in specific areas. It's like Maverick going to Top Gun and learning how to fly everything in the US Navy inventory but forgetting to know how to ride a motorcycle. Or Goose forgetting to how to operate a camera.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Well that goes for anyone with Special training doesn't it GB?

except that i wasn't speaking of qualifications so much as destinations.

special training personnel IRL is often mixed into regular units. yes you have to be exceptional to get it, but then they usually send you back to a regular unit afterwards to give that unit the benefit of said training. you don't have whole units of snipers or TOPGUN graduates, for example. they get sent back so they can share their knowledge and bolster the abilities of those who couldn't get the special training. they might fill a slightly different location in the TO&E but they aren't isolated.

but special forces units are separate from the mainstream forces. and they receive additional special training access beyond even the normal. a dogboy assigned to a special forces unit is going to need more than just supernatural senses to keep up, so it makes sense that they'd be given additional training to make them able to meet the requirements of the unit's operations. especially since if they're running around with the CS's equivalent of the Rangers, Delta, etc they certainly would have the physical and mental requirements to make good use of special training. they're already made to be a valuable asset due to their posting, extra training just means they do even better. and since they are going to be a small unit doign the toughest jobs, that extra training, for both human and dogboy, is going to be a useful force multiplier.

but a dogboy assigned to a regular CS platoon, company, etc, is not going to be considered a high value asset. neither are the human troops of that unit, really. since they aren't going to facing the kinds of overwhelming difficulties a special forces unit would, it is unlikely that a dogboy assigned to such a unit would receive advanced training.. and it is liekyl that mosto f the humans in it would not receive it either.

this is my point. the odds of the average dogboy in the mainstream army having advanced training is going to be low. there just isn't a lot of priority to get it out there. while the odds of one in a special forces type unit having advanced training is going to be pretty good. it becomes an advantage. the same applies to human troops. the typical CS platoon may only have a few guys with advanced training. but special forces type units are likely to have quite a few, including people with multiple advanced training types.
Last edited by glitterboy2098 on Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

My favorite mutant animal is the Bat, no dogboy senses no mutation Abnormalities or special powers.
Just a mutant animal fighting for his people.
E.P.I.C.
Sambot
Adventurer

Unread post by Sambot »

glitterboy2098 wrote:
but a dogboy assigned to a regular CS platoon, company, etc, is not going to be considered a high value asset. neither are the human troops of that unit, really. since they aren't going to facing the kinds of overwhelming difficulties a special forces unit would, it is unlikely that a dogboy assigned to such a unit would receive advanced training.. and it is liekyl that mosto f the humans in it would not receive it either.

this is my point. the odds of the average dogboy in the mainstream army having advanced training is going to be low. there just isn't a lot of priority to get it out there. while the odds of one in a special forces type unit having advanced training is going to be pretty good. it becomes an advantage. the same applies to human troops. the typical CS platoon may only have a few guys with advanced training. but special forces type units are likely to have quite a few, including people with multiple advanced training types.

Considering the CS's opponents, I think that it would be to their best interests to send as many troops as possible through advanced training. Isn't that why there's crash courses? So that the grunts on the frontlines are better able to face their enemies? I know not all the troops would get advanced training, nor do I think they should since the army would lose flexibility that way. But wouldn't the above average receive the crash courses while the stand outs receive the full training?

say652 wrote:My favorite mutant animal is the Bat, no dogboy senses no mutation Abnormalities or special powers.
Just a mutant animal fighting for his people.
E.P.I.C.

I like the bat too but wouldn't flying be considered a special power?

I hope the minion war gives Bats a second chance so the CS will create more.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Sambot wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:

Considering the CS's opponents, I think that it would be to their best interests to send as many troops as possible through advanced training. Isn't that why there's crash courses? So that the grunts on the frontlines are better able to face their enemies? I know not all the troops would get advanced training, nor do I think they should since the army would lose flexibility that way. But wouldn't the above average receive the crash courses while the stand outs receive the full training?

Actually that "as possible" bit is the reason that you pick and choose.
There are (presumably) only a limited number of trainers for these courses. Meaning that, like in the Real World you only have so many slots per cycle for each school. You can work on training up more people... but after a certain point dilution sets it (and in Rifts Terms you start creating new OOCs)

I think you will slowly see more and more people with ATs. But for the most part it will be reserved for outstanding soldiers or people in special circumstances. At least to start. As you get more and more people trained, and you start to get a larger pool to draw from then you will start being willing to be less and less strict... because it will slowly matter less. But at the start, every AT soldier is going to be a highly valuable, highly limited resource. And they will IMHO, try to optimize the production of that resource.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Blue_Lion
Knight

With most of the CS foes they win by fielding more troops, they do not need AT to zerg down a foe. Cs grunts and are used like cannon fodder, who cares if they die just scoop some more out of the burbs.
The CS army as a whole is a club, however they do have some scalpels with AT for special cases when the club may not work.

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Given the CS practically tripled the size of their army in the span of a few months, i suspect that the percentage of troops with advanced training would go down, not up. at least for the next couple years. not only do you have a lot more FNG's coming in, but the CS got more recruits than they expected, which means they probably didn't expand their advanced training programs enough to accommodate all the people they got. and since they're already cutting basic training down to bare minimum, it is doubtful that they'd have time to give all that many people advanced training in the first place. plus with so many people coming in, they can afford to be picky and only divert the very best candidates into advanced training. they'd almost have to prioritize that way until they could figure out how to organize ways to move more people through the training programs. and since you need instructors that have said training, you'd also want to make sure the first waves through would be the best of the best.. people who have the highest likelihood of surviving a tour on the front lines long enough to gain field experience and thus be able to bring that back to teach the next waves of new recruits and new advanced training recipients.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

The percentage no doubt went down when they added LITERALLY Millions of new troops. No doubt that percentage went down.

But a smaller percentage of a larger number might be a larger number in total.

15% of 100 troops would be 15 troops
10% (A smaller percentage) of 1000 troops would be 100.

So as the CS literally adds MILLIONS AND MILLIONS of troops, that percentage 'can' go down, while still resulting in larger numbers of specially trained troops.

Sambot
Adventurer

Unread post by Sambot »

eliakon wrote:Actually that "as possible" bit is the reason that you pick and choose.
There are (presumably) only a limited number of trainers for these courses. Meaning that, like in the Real World you only have so many slots per cycle for each school. You can work on training up more people... but after a certain point dilution sets it (and in Rifts Terms you start creating new OOCs)

I think you will slowly see more and more people with ATs. But for the most part it will be reserved for outstanding soldiers or people in special circumstances. At least to start. As you get more and more people trained, and you start to get a larger pool to draw from then you will start being willing to be less and less strict... because it will slowly matter less. But at the start, every AT soldier is going to be a highly valuable, highly limited resource. And they will IMHO, try to optimize the production of that resource.

Wouldn't the best of the students be brought back to help teach the next classes? If we stick with the Top Gun analogy that's exactly what Maverick did. Received advanced training, then went back to his ship for a bit before going back to teach at Top Gun.

I also don't know about the requirements being less strict. I think that with their military expanding the pool of eligible applicants would be greater than before without lowering the requirements. Like Pepsi Jedi said.

Blue_Lion wrote:With most of the CS foes they win by fielding more troops, they do not need AT to zerg down a foe. Cs grunts and are used like cannon fodder, who cares if they die just scoop some more out of the burbs.
The CS army as a whole is a club, however they do have some scalpels with AT for special cases when the club may not work.

I'm not sure the CS doesn't care about their troops. Especially not with the Minion War upon them. The CS needs all the bodies they can get. Each additional dead trooper is one less trooper pulling a trigger at a supernatural menace that regenerates limbs as fast as you shoot them off. Limbs that are used to tear the head off of giant robots and anything else that get within reach. The CS needs everyone they can get. That's why give seriously wounded troopers a second chances by making them cyborgs. It's why the pardons. I also think it's one of the reasons why the CS has crash courses in so many areas. They need more people with advanced training. It's like putting the bayonet onto the rifle's club. It may not be as precise as a commando's scalpel but a bayonet can still cut an enemy better than a club.

glitterboy2098 wrote:Given the CS practically tripled the size of their army in the span of a few months, i suspect that the percentage of troops with advanced training would go down, not up. at least for the next couple years. not only do you have a lot more FNG's coming in, but the CS got more recruits than they expected, which means they probably didn't expand their advanced training programs enough to accommodate all the people they got. and since they're already cutting basic training down to bare minimum, it is doubtful that they'd have time to give all that many people advanced training in the first place. plus with so many people coming in, they can afford to be picky and only divert the very best candidates into advanced training. they'd almost have to prioritize that way until they could figure out how to organize ways to move more people through the training programs. and since you need instructors that have said training, you'd also want to make sure the first waves through would be the best of the best.. people who have the highest likelihood of surviving a tour on the front lines long enough to gain field experience and thus be able to bring that back to teach the next waves of new recruits and new advanced training recipients.

Where does it say that the CS has cut it's training down to the bare minimum?
Shark_Force
Palladin

in the part where it talks about them suddenly recruiting millions of people for the minion war, it apparently discusses the fact that most of them are receiving little or no training (bearing in mind that also most of them have *some* form of combat training, just not CS training... i would expect anyone who shows up without any combat training would be the main exception to the general rule).

it also notes that they're expecting extremely high casualties amongst their new recruits, and frankly, they don't seem all that torn up about it.

frankly, i would be pretty shocked if they were giving any advanced training to the new recruits. they probably already have several months (possibly years) worth of their own proven loyal soldiers that they want to train, and haven't had time. they're not going to put on hold the training of those soldiers for a bunch of people who are under no obligation to stick around, who are not proven to be loyal, and who they expect to die in droves. there may be the occasional exception, but it just doesn't make any sense for the CS to provide anything more than the most basic training to their new recruits at this point. after the war, when they've got experienced combat troops of proven loyalty who have expressed an interest in sticking around for longer than the minion war, sure they'll start picking some of those troops for advanced training (and, for those who previously had no training at all, proper basic training).

that said, the number of highly trained troops will probably increase dramatically, and maybe even in percentage. the troops they're getting have been trained elsewhere and often bring their own equipment, and it is quite probable that a higher percentage of those troops are the equivalent of special forces than the CS army. after all, a headhunter might not technically have received CS advanced training, but they have the option of hand-to-hand: commando.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Shark force is.... misrepresenting what the book says.

He said "Most of them are receiving little or no training"

That's not actually true. Some of the millions are receiving expedited or shortened training times. Cutting boot camp roughly in half. Accelerated training in times of war is a long standing thing in the real world. Basically they cut out the fluff about pressing uniforms and the spit and polish and teach you how to shoot and scoot and get you out the door.

As for the 'no training'. It's not like they're taking some 16 year old out of his momma's flower garden, handing him a rifle and throwing him at demons.

There are some, that come to the recruiting, from known or experienced Merc groups that are being allowed to 'stay' with their merc groups under the supervision and direction of a CS overseer.

i.E. if a Merc platoon of soldier's signs up the CS will assign them an NCO or Officer and roll them to the front lines (First and away) Using their own gear and what not. The book specificly stipulates these are put instantly in the most dangerous spots on the front lines. In essence if you show up as a 5th level Merc soldier they don't take time to 're-train' you as a lvl 1 Coalition Grunt.

So.... the statement is a bit.. shaded for effect up there.

Yes basic training is being accelerated but it's still present.
Those 'receiving no training" are receiving no training because they're joining as experienced combat troops already.

Shark_Force
Palladin

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Shark force is.... misrepresenting what the book says.

That's not actually true. Some of the millions are receiving expedited or shortened training times. Cutting boot camp roughly in half. Accelerated training in times of war is a long standing thing in the real world. Basically they cut out the fluff about pressing uniforms and the spit and polish and teach you how to shoot and scoot and get you out the door.

As for the 'no training'. It's not like they're taking some 16 year old out of his momma's flower garden, handing him a rifle and throwing him at demons.

There are some, that come to the recruiting, from known or experienced Merc groups that are being allowed to 'stay' with their merc groups under the supervision and direction of a CS overseer.

i.E. if a Merc platoon of soldier's signs up the CS will assign them an NCO or Officer and roll them to the front lines (First and away) Using their own gear and what not. The book specificly stipulates these are put instantly in the most dangerous spots on the front lines. In essence if you show up as a 5th level Merc soldier they don't take time to 're-train' you as a lvl 1 Coalition Grunt.

Those 'receiving no training" are receiving no training because they're joining as experienced combat troops already.

do you even read my posts before blindly accusing me of things i didn't do?

in the very first sentence of my post i said: "...most of them have *some* form of combat training, just not CS training... i would expect anyone who shows up without any combat training would be the main exception to the general rule". i can't be misrepresenting them to say something other than what you just said when the very first sentence includes a statement regarding why they are receiving very little training, and a very clear statement that it is because most of them have training.

how in hell is it possible that if, in the very first sentence of the post i said that most of them weren't given any training because they didn't need training (with the follow-on that the ones who don't have training will be by far the main exception to that general rule) an implication that the CS was not giving any training whatsoever to anyone? i acknowledged every single point you're claiming disproves my point, which is bull crap because my point is the one you're trying to claim is the exact opposite of my point.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Shark_Force wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:Shark force is.... misrepresenting what the book says.

do you even read my posts before blindly accusing me of things i didn't do? [/quote]

Yes. I read them... Do you?

Shark_Force wrote:
in the very first sentence of my post i said: "...most of them have *some* form of combat training, just not CS training...

Lets take an actual look at that first run on sentence.

Shark_Force wrote: in the part where it talks about them suddenly recruiting millions of people for the minion war, it apparently discusses the fact that most of them are receiving little or no training (bearing in mind that also most of them have *some* form of combat training, just not CS training... i would expect anyone who shows up without any combat training would be the main exception to the general rule).

Note the part where you said "MOST OF THEM ARE RECEIVING LITTLE OR NO TRAINING"? Take your time. You wrote it. It's there.

That's what I was correcting, as it was, blatantly false.

Shark_Force wrote:
i would expect anyone who shows up without any combat training would be the main exception to the general rule".

But it's not the general rule. Another misrepresentation of yours.

SOME people show up with prior training. Not most of them. So they would be the general rule. Not the exception. You're painting it backwards and getting offended when corrected.

Shark_Force wrote:
i can't be misrepresenting them to say something other than what you just said when the very first sentence includes a statement regarding why they are receiving very little training, and a very clear statement that it is because most of them have training.

But they don't. That's the thing. Most of them aren't showing up already trained. It's a small percentage of the whole. Again you're trying to take the minority, project it as the majority and flip the script.

Shark_Force wrote:

how in hell is it possible that if, in the very first sentence of the post i said that most of them weren't given any training because they didn't need training (with the follow-on that the ones who don't have training will be by far the main exception to that general rule) an implication that the CS was not giving any training whatsoever to anyone?

How the hell?

Well like this.

THE FIRST PART OF YOUR SENTENCE SAID THIS

Shark_Force wrote: in the part where it talks about them suddenly recruiting millions of people for the minion war, it apparently discusses the fact that most of them are receiving little or no training

Maybe that's how? Not to mention your current implication is WRONG. Add those two together, and you'll see why the statement needs clarification. The book is realitivly 'new' for palladium and you're misrepresenting what it says.

If people don't own the book, they might think it actually says that. When, it doesn't.

Shark_Force wrote:
i acknowledged every single point you're claiming disproves my point, which is bull crap because my point is the one you're trying to claim is the exact opposite of my point.

No. Your point is the oppisite of what it says in the book. There's a difference.

Sambot
Adventurer

Unread post by Sambot »

Shark_Force

could you give me a page number please? I kinda remember the part about Merc going to the front lines but I can't find that either. :(

Pepsi Jedi

Thanks that makes sense and kinda goes along with page78 under advanced training where it talks about everyone receiving the same standardized basic training but only a few get advanced training.

Return to “Rifts®”