Atlantean clans, which and where ?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Atlantean clans, which and where ?

Unread post by Svartalf »

I guess the subject has already been covered somewhere, but my google fu missed it... so, how many Atlantean clans are there, and how many are known by name, and of those, where are they mentioned?

I know of course clan Aerihman, from Atlantis, and also Clan Skellian frome South America I... but I guess there are more, and I have forgotten about them and where to look.
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Prysus
Champion

Re: Atlantean clans, which and where ?

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. A couple of threads that covered this already. The first is more recent (less than a year ago), while the other is a little older (more like two and a half years ago, and has some posts deleted), but might have a few other books listed (same clans though). I could continue to search (probably finding even older threads), but I doubt we'd uncover any new clans.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=150037&hilit=Atlantean+Clans
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=142861&hilit=Atlantean+Clans

Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Svartalf
Champion

thank you
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

There's also the unnamed (and now extinct) dimwit clan that created the Mechanoids.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

Doesn't Rift's Index Volume 2 have an NPC Undead Slayer that is from a clan whose name is give and not one of those previously listed on either of those 2 threads? I can't find my copy of the Index atm so I can't verify.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Well my new book should be here in a few days... I could tell ya what ones are in there. Once it's here. ;D

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Svartalf
Champion

taalismn wrote:There's also the unnamed (and now extinct) dimwit clan that created the Mechanoids.

that was the Atlanteans? don't remember any such thing.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Well my new book should be here in a few days... I could tell ya what ones are in there. Once it's here. ;D

Well it should have more info but the advanced copies tend to be missing a bunch of stuff like the heros of humanity disavowed thing was a nice glimpse at what was coming but did not have much of the heroes of humanity book at all.

But yes I also had to order those I figure had I been able to go to gencon I would have impulse bought those in a second so may as well snap them up.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Yeah but the HoH preview was half of two books.

These two are independent, so I'm hoping they'll have more information. I did notice there were no page numbers on the catalog entry. that was a little worrysome, for the amount paid for the items.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I just figured if I had a chance to be at gen con my impulse shopping would have made me buy them anyway. Palladium is pretty good on pricing so I am not to worried but just have to keep in mind these are not the final things so plan accordingly.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Svartalf wrote:
taalismn wrote:There's also the unnamed (and now extinct) dimwit clan that created the Mechanoids.

that was the Atlanteans? don't remember any such thing.

It isn't confirmed, but put as inferred from SB2 pg 29 "Legend tells that these humans were refugees fleeing a terrible disaster. Their homeworld was torn asunder and they were among the fortunate few to escape the great destruction. Nobody knows who they were or from where they came. The oldest legends identify them as 'Atlanees'"

Since its unlikely True Atlanteans have used the term throughout history to describe themselves, it is possible that Atlanees is an older name or a variant of one such name given this race appears to have possibly forked from the TAs long ago and by all indications abandoned magic and focused on technology.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Yeah but the HoH preview was half of two books.

These two are independent, so I'm hoping they'll have more information. I did notice there were no page numbers on the catalog entry. that was a little worrysome, for the amount paid for the items.

Mine just came in the mail today. I won't give any spoilers as per palladiums wishes but the page counts of both previews are very much in line with their costs and the costs of normal palladium products.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Mine came in today too.

With no art in either book, the page counts are surprisingly high. If they maintain all this information and add in the typical amount of art these are going to be BIG books

Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

That said, as per the OP

With out giving details, the new book has 8 or 9 (At one point 11) clans given their own parts in the book.

Should be noted, it's a raw preview. Some or all of them may be changed, taken out or others added in by the time it goes to press.

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Mine came in today too.

With no art in either book, the page counts are surprisingly high. If they maintain all this information and add in the typical amount of art these are going to be BIG books

I was thinking the same thing. They are way more filled with stuff than the heroes of humanity/disavowed preview was. And yes if they keep the content and don't even add anything but art these are going to be BIG books. If they add content AND art we are talking NG2 level size.
SereneTsunami
Explorer

Unread post by SereneTsunami »

Rifters #52, #55, #61, and #68 have a great set of articles that mention more then a few Atlantean clans. They are well worth the cost of the books.

Return to “Rifts®”