Psi-Ghost Prosek/Evil-God Evacuation Force

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

Psi-Ghost Prosek/Evil-God Evacuation Force

Unread post by Axelmania »

Psi-Ghosts can turn themselves and "20 pounds of additional material" intangible.

I consider living beings to be composed of material so that should mean that a Psi-Ghost could easily evacuate the beloved family cat, Salmon Prosek, from a fire (just barely, since Salmon is incredibly obese)

But then I got thinking... would it be possible for multiple Psi-Ghosts to coordinate their weight limits to move something heavier? Like for example, if Kibbles Prosek the beloved Basenji weighs 26 pounds, could a pair of Psi-Ghosts carry him through a wall by sharing the 'additional material' weight limit between them?

Ultimately I'm wondering if this would extend to being able to evacuate humans. Karl Prosek weights 165 pounds so say each Psi-Ghost is wearing 5 pounds of gear and has 15 pounds capacity free, if 11 of them lifted Karl in unison could they carry him naked through a wall?

If they wanted to bring Karl's armor along for the ride then that would require a 12th Psi-Ghost, since it weighs 15 pounds.

Leaving the Psi-Ghosts unarmored might not be wise, in which case the lightest armor I can find is the 9 pound old-style CS CA-2 (CWCp104) which would only leave 11 pounds per ghost, meaning to carry Karl+Armor (180 pounds) you would need 17 of them working together.

Something like this might also be useful in trying to get rid of someone really dangerous. I'm thinking kind of like how in 'Infinite Crises' you had the 3 flashes just grab SBP and run full-speed to stop him from hurting people.

Say some kind of evil god teleported into a CS Death's Head Carrier in mid-air that Karl Prosek was on. You couldn't safely carry him anywhere from there... so what could you do?

Launch 20 Psi-Ghosts at the god and go intangible with him... the Death's Head keeps flying, leaving you all behind in mid-air. You'll probably die from the fall (I don't really know though... maybe intangibility helps Psi-Ghosts survive high falls?) but you saved your Emperor.

That might just be a temporary fix (maybe the god could just teleport into the Death's Head again) but at least it gives you a bit of breathing space to prepare other measures... even though a lot of gods could acquire flight abilities I don't think they could match Death's Head speeds, and the ability to accurately teleport into one might be a rare occurrence.
taalismn
Priest

Re: Psi-Ghost Prosek/Evil-God Evacuation Force

Unread post by taalismn »

You just conjured up the image to me of twenty CS Psi-Ghosts, arrayed like a skydiving team, around the Emp, in mid air, watching a DHT spiral away and explode...and then they look at each other and suddenly share a "Okay, what do we do next...?" :shock: look.
Try to pool their Levitation abilities?
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Axelmania
Knight

Hopefully one has TK Force Field and it is possible to have it stay horizantal like a platform.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

But then I got thinking... would it be possible for multiple Psi-Ghosts to coordinate their weight limits to move something heavier? Like for example,

I would have to say no, if it was possible something would be mentioned about it.
Axelmania
Knight

Not every possible use of a power is imagined by an author so the absence of a tactic isn't outlawing it.
Mathew
D-Bee

Unread post by Mathew »

Can intangible psi-ghosts touch each other when intangible? If not then I'd assume they are on different phase frequencies, which means they cannot combine powers to phase larger items. If they can touch each other, then MAYBE they could phase a large item together.
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

Mathew wrote:Can intangible psi-ghosts touch each other when intangible? If not then I'd assume they are on different phase frequencies, which means they cannot combine powers to phase larger items. If they can touch each other, then MAYBE they could phase a large item together.

What if the Psi-Ghosts were already touching each other or the same object at the same time when they both become intangible and continued to maintain contact while intangible? Could they "sync" up their "frequencies" that way?
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Mathew
D-Bee

Unread post by Mathew »

dragonfett wrote:
Mathew wrote:Can intangible psi-ghosts touch each other when intangible? If not then I'd assume they are on different phase frequencies, which means they cannot combine powers to phase larger items. If they can touch each other, then MAYBE they could phase a large item together.

What if the Psi-Ghosts were already touching each other or the same object at the same time when they both become intangible and continued to maintain contact while intangible? Could they "sync" up their "frequencies" that way?

Or they would slip though each other's fingers.

This came up in the Star Trek episode with the planet of Telekinetic people. They said they could not combine telekinetic strength since each mind work on its own frequency or whatever.

If I was a GM and my players tried this I would have it fail the first time they tried it. The second time they tried it they might have their powers negated for 1d4 weeks. The third time I would open up a local dimensional portal and summon a mad phase-proof demon-beast who wanted to kill them for disturbing it.
Axelmania
Knight

I like the idea of coordination not being automatic but also like it being possible. Maybe they all have to pass a perception roll for each member they want to sync with? Any failure means you don't contribute.

So two psighostd is easiest. One roll each. Three is harder. Two each six total.

Return to “Rifts®”