Twisted Ideas

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Twisted Ideas

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

Was looking over a few old notebooks and thought to post a couple of things. Since, I haven't posted in a long while ( work and life... you know the boring stuff :lol: )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Rama-Set and Nlxa join forces

2. Melborne AI- Kay + The Great Machine makes contact (Kay's takeover program activated)*

3. Tarnow Crystal taken + Super Nuke (destruction place unleash a powerful Alien Intelligence all at once)

4. Necromancer, Earth Warlock and Stone Master+ Diamond Mine in South Africa (Even in you use 1/2 of a top mine today 120 million carats -or- 60 million with average of 250 credits a carat equal = 150 billion credits per year ) ... A gold mine at 1/2 of 800K ounces or 400,000 ounces times 1000 credits only makes 400 million credits per year... :twisted:

5. Xiticix + Players: Take Young Queens and Worldwide Placement

6. (Dimensional) Demon Planet Cormal + Bloostones from Wormwood (Double MDC and Damage) !!!

7. New Tolkeen + Resurrection Nostrous Dunscon*

8. Necronomicon Monolith + Necropolis of the Undying

9. Save Humanity + Destroy/Corrupt the Planet*

10. Living City + Conjuration (limited range 30 miles from heart of city)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*I'll add more a little later.......
Last edited by Astral Pantheon on Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Re: Twisted Ideas

2. Melborne AI- Kay + The Great Machine makes contact (Kay's takeover program activated):

-Creates Kyberspace to slowly upload mind (souls)
-Replace Leaders and people with Androids
-Use of Transmitted Energy
-Alien Technologies
-Kyberspace a Futuristic Version of the Golden Age of Humanity
-Allow Groups of Outbackers in (more Souls/Minds)
-Expansion of Melborne

4. Necromancer, Earth Warlock and Stone Master+ Diamond Mine in South Africa (Even in you use 1/2 of a top mine today 120 million carats -or- 60 million with average of 250 credits a carat equal = 150 billion credits per year ) ... A gold mine at 1/2 of 800K ounces or 400,000 ounces times 1000 credits only makes 400 million credits per (should be per year)...

-Twisted in the way: 400 million credits
-Power could be bought
-Some small Kingdoms of Earth don't come close to this
-Hire Zeus the Thunderer and his 50,000 Gurgoyles for months
-Purchase any number of things

7. New Tolkeen + Resurrection Nostrous Dunscon*

A Ice City in the Heart of Greenland

Currently 4200 plus over 20,000 Zombie/mummies

Leaders:
- Nostrous Dunscon (clone with a witch pact)
-Erin Tarn (younger alternate Earth version in 20's/Mystic Empowered)
-King Creed (a magical double??)
-Jason Prosek (reanimated corpse)
and
-The Golden Queen (Giant Intelligent Artifact that makes New Tolkeen even more dangerous then before)**

9. Save Humanity + Destroy/Corrupt the Planet

-Techno-Wizard with a Bad Idea
-Kill the planet And Save humanity???
-Tw: Ley Line Barrel of Water Destruction
-Tw: Ley Line Barrel of Insect Swarm
-Tw: Ley Line Tower of Drought
-Tw: Ley Line Tower of Cold Winds
-Tw: Petrification Gun (those to be saved)

**More to come...
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

The problem with number 4 is.
Just like today the value is based on scarcity, if russia open its diamond vualts (their equivalent to fort knox, forgot thevnamevof rhe place) the value of diamonds plummets.
Also getting your diamonds to market through africa. Unless your stone mage is making a pyramid D-porting them to ngr or cs....ect. is gonna be costly and that pyramid will attract alot of attention, as the leylines its on will cease to fluctuate.
Your better off finding some backwater dwarves and force labor them and some earth elementals in a pre industrial diminsion.
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Zamion138 wrote:The problem with number 4 is.
Just like today the value is based on scarcity, if russia open its diamond vualts (their equivalent to fort knox, forgot thevnamevof rhe place) the value of diamonds plummets.
Also getting your diamonds to market through africa. Unless your stone mage is making a pyramid D-porting them to ngr or cs....ect. is gonna be costly and that pyramid will attract alot of attention, as the leylines its on will cease to fluctuate.
Your better off finding some backwater dwarves and force labor them and some earth elementals in a pre industrial diminsion.

I understand what you are saying. That's why selling off world is preferred. I would still use pyramid for D-Port, Zombie/Mummy Workers plus Guards, a Golem or two, and of course elementals... now you may have to pay Rama-Set and local leaders a bribe ( % of treasure) but that is why I went with 1/2 of the normal production.

I was using Earth as the example but Zamion138, Your 100% correct :ok: about finding backwater world/dimension.

I would love to see a future rifts book use strip mining to make a kingdom wealthy :twisted:
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

diamonds (and other gems) i think would hold their value a bit more in rifts earth because of their uses in techno-wizardry and i suppose stone magic. and you've got a large user of both of those things in atlantis (naturally, certain people won't have as easy of a time in selling in atlantis, but that just means you have to sell to someone who can sell in atlantis).

now obviously, value will still be lowered if you go completely nuts on it, but splynncryth is probably making a truly absurd amount of TW equipment (given how many kydians there are and there reported phenomenal birth rate, perhaps hundreds of millions) for his own troops every year, plus however many are sold to others in the market. so, yeah... i'd expect gems to hold their value much better than in modern day earth, when most gems are just used for ornamentation.
Supergyro
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Supergyro »

A Reacher from The Deep pops out right in the middle of Arizona...

The Lord of The Deep has been tunneling, The Lord has been growing...... Hundreds of Thousands of miles of tunnels through the entire planet, it is now beneath us all.....
"The key is your mind, control and master it. Doing that will not only master your body, but also enable you to shape the world around you to your every desire."

---Said by a Psyscape teacher to a class of Psi Warriors
---Said by a Mindwerks technician, before he drills the hole in your skull
Zamion138
Hero

Unread post by Zamion138 »

But splynncryth would presumably have access to planets where diamonds are ready available or diminsion where they are incredibly low cost.
The market for TW gems is low comparison wise to market we have even now let alone golden age with extremely higher popularions for things like jewellery and wedding rings.
If 5% of the population (diminsioned population)mages at best what % are TW's?
And stone mages are even more rare.
I think get rich schemes fall apart quick with interdiminsional trade available.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Zamion138 wrote:But splynncryth would presumably have access to planets where diamonds are ready available or diminsion where they are incredibly low cost.
The market for TW gems is low comparison wise to market we have even now let alone golden age with extremely higher popularions for things like jewellery and wedding rings.
If 5% of the population (diminsioned population)mages at best what % are TW's?
And stone mages are even more rare.
I think get rich schemes fall apart quick with interdiminsional trade available.

well, here's the thing... either nobody is exploiting those dimensions already or, more likely, someone is exploiting those dimensions and the prices already account for that, since it doesn't make sense that nobody would think of buying a thing that is worth next to nothing in one place and setting up interdimensional trade to other places where that thing is worth tremendous amounts of stuff. not necessarily trade to rifts earth, but trade to somewhere at least.

in any event, it is also entirely possible that by the time the cataclysm rolls around the diamond mines have largely all been exhausted, and the diamonds have been either distributed to various jewellers etc or were in large stockpiles somewhere (which have most likely been discovered and exploited by someone already).
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Shark_Force , :ok: about dimensional trade. As for cataclysm on earth if I recall the resources were restored with the coming of the rifts...through I would not place them in the same location. That's way you need Earth Warlock to find the minerals you seek.

Zamion138 , I do understand what you are saying. Would you prefer if it was a silver mine instead??? Looked up a quick mine in Albert Silver Mine in Africa produces roughly 79K to 84K ounces of Silver per year. Silver is more universal and can be made into weapons that hurt vampires plus other supernatural/ magical creatures... at a low price of 200 credits per ounce = 15,800,000 to 16,800,000 credits per year. Africa is not know for producing silver and there are mines outside Africa producing millions of ounces.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Techno-Wizardy more or less ensures that Diamonds would retain some value at commodity pricing--some of the spells that need Diamond are insanely useful, such as Invisibility Superior, Invincible Armor and and Invunerability.

Now think about that:

On the downside: you have crashed the global market for dimonds, making them relatively cheep.

On the upside: you can instead choose to equip your every single man in your army with Invisible, regenerating enviromental armor that makes them immune to energy and poison and gives +10 save vs magic and psionics, rather than selling them :lol:

In fact by hoarding them you keep the price of diamonds high and ensure no one else can afford to equip their own armies simiarly.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Nekira Sudacne wrote:Techno-Wizardy more or less ensures that Diamonds would retain some value at commodity pricing--some of the spells that need Diamond are insanely useful, such as Invisibility Superior, Invincible Armor and and Invunerability.

Now think about that:

On the downside: you have crashed the global market for dimonds, making them relatively cheep.

On the upside: you can instead choose to equip your every single man in your army with Invisible, regenerating enviromental armor that makes them immune to energy and poison and gives +10 save vs magic and psionics, rather than selling them :lol:

In fact by hoarding them you keep the price of diamonds high and ensure no one else can afford to equip their own armies simiarly.

Nekira Sudacne, your idea 1000% better the mine :ok: Never thought about equipping my personal army.

Return to “Rifts®”