Combined OCC/PCC

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Abadon Spectre
D-Bee

Combined OCC/PCC

Unread post by Abadon Spectre »

Are there any guidelines out there for combining classes other than using the mega-hero XP chart or GM ruling?

To be specific I'm thinking about playing a Wilderness Scout/Psi-druid.
It strikes me as a good combination without being overly powerful and I certainly don't think its at the mega hero level of power.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Combined OCC/PCC

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

First thing to keep in mind is that you are not "combining" the two CC's, you are creating a New CC that has aspects of both. When creating a new CC, the number of skills average out to about 18 total skills.

I would do this for these two CC's by picking PCC related skills that reflect that the Psi-Druid works as a Scout in the Wilderness. You should talk to your GM to see if (s)he would allow you to take the WS Class Unique skills as PCCR skills for the Psi-Druid.
----------------
No, I don't condone just adding the two CC's together to be a muchkinized CC.
----------------
Now what I'd be more willing to allow is a WS who has changed their class to psi-druid. As if because of the time the wilderness scout has lived alone in the wilderness has developed into a psi-druid.

Note: the canon changing class rules the Rifts is assigned (the PF2 changing class rules) only cover OCC. And PCCs are forbidden from being changed to and changed from. So this option also will require a GM's approval.
Side-note about the Note: Some people do not like to include the rules governing PCCs in the complete changing class rules set, so will dispute this for rifts chars. Partly because the rules governing PCCs are located within the PCCs of the setting and that in Rifts PCCs are not labeled as PCCs for the most part.

P.S.: The core of the changing class rules is that the old class no longer progresses and it's skills are frozen. and picking a CC that is not generally like the old one it takes 3 times as much exp. to progress the new CC's levels. And if the char changes back to their old class they are permanently locked into that class.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
mercedogre
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I ******* hate the atmosphere of the conversations here on these forums

Unread post by mercedogre »

my advice, would be just to play a Psi-Druid with as many wilderness skills as you can choose, not a big fan of dual-classes or manipulating OCC's for munchin purposes
You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Abadon Spectre wrote:Are there any guidelines out there for combining classes other than using the mega-hero XP chart or GM ruling?

It strikes me as a good combination without being overly powerful and I certainly don't think its at the mega hero level of power.

Why are you thinking about this specific combination? There might be other ways to achieve the same end, though might require a GM to make allowances for the concept for areas that can't be done easily (ex, some class specific skill).

While there are rules for changing classes (which can apply to PCC/RCC like the Psi-Druid) scattered about, dual classing isn't something I've seen. Even the Mega-Hero in HU2E is more of an add-on that a dual/multi-class. You might find something like what you are describing with powerful NPCs, but not PCs (or intended to be played by PCs).

I suppose you could treat the Psi-Druid as a "race" and only transfer inherent abilities, but skill overall selection is dictated by the other OCC, but you don't combine the OCC/Related/Secondary Skills of the two respective classes to get multiple skill selections.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

mercedogre wrote:my advice, would be just to play a Psi-Druid with as many wilderness skills as you can choose,

I tend to agree. A Psi-Druid already has access to all the skills one would need. Just roll a Psi-Druid and then have him/her work as a Wilderness Scout.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Abadon Spectre wrote:Are there any guidelines out there for combining classes other than using the mega-hero XP chart or GM ruling?

Could do psi Druid abilities , wilderness scout occ skill , psi Druid related and secondary skills
And use the dragon exp levels. Don't fool yourself hybrid character are powerful and scary, but if your gym allows it , go for it.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

From RMB PAGE 22
It is odd to me that players often seem to miss the fact that they are playing larger than life heroes in a fantastic world whenever they play any role-playing game. Rifts is no different.
The typical person in Rifts is a farmer, mechanic, merchant, grunt, or other hard working individual trying to survive in a world gone mad. The average person is not likely to have psionics nor mega-damage weapons and armor. He is not a master of magic nor holder of great truths. He is one of the ordinary folk who live and struggle with the day to day hardships of life.
The masses are the present and future of mankind. They are the innocent and the hopeful who will directly and indirectly motivate the actions of our heroes' adventures and heroics. As such, they are also, often, the victims and the prize in the never ending power struggles between the forces which seek to dominate this strange, future Earth .
The player characters in Rifts are not Joe Average. For whatever reason, they have attained knowledge and/or power that has set them apart from the norm. They have become the focus in a small and continuing drama within a much larger story. They are the men and women who can make a difference. The individuals who dare to question what they see and hear. They are the strong who step out of the crowd to protect the weak. They are champions of ideas and ideals. They are individuals who dare to dream and are willing to fight to attain that dream. Individuals who step out of the shadows of reality and into the realm of legend.
The origins of the heroes may be modest and ordinary. They may, at first, seem as typical as anybody else. Their motivations may be selfish or born out of desperation. Their heroics may be deliberate or they may stumble into greatness, but ultimately, they rise above the ordinary and make their mark on the land, and perhaps the pages of history. These are the heroes. This is their story ... and you are the architect of that story.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Could always play a scout with a psi implant that gives the abilities at half.
Abadon Spectre
D-Bee

Unread post by Abadon Spectre »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote: You should talk to your GM to see if (s)he would allow you to take the WS Class Unique skills as PCCR skills for the Psi-Druid.

Since my main interest was getting the cartography and trailblazing skills for a psi-druid, that is a simple and probably workable idea.

Axelmania wrote:Could always play a scout with a psi implant that gives the abilities at half.

Also a simple idea and one that will probably be easier to implement. I missed that completely.

Return to “Rifts®”