Heroes Of Humanity timeframe...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Heroes Of Humanity timeframe...

Unread post by keir451 »

Ok, so I recently read the HoH excerpt and I'm curious as to how soon after the Tolkeen war this takes place. The excerpt mentions the "Winter Solstice", but is it the one right after the war or is it later? Can anyone fill me in on this?
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
HWalsh
Hero

Re: Heroes Of Humanity timeframe...

Unread post by HWalsh »

keir451 wrote:Ok, so I recently read the HoH excerpt and I'm curious as to how soon after the Tolkeen war this takes place. The excerpt mentions the "Winter Solstice", but is it the one right after the war or is it later? Can anyone fill me in on this?

No clue, but doesn't the minion war happen within 6 months of the fall of Tolkeen?
keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

HWalsh wrote:
keir451 wrote:Ok, so I recently read the HoH excerpt and I'm curious as to how soon after the Tolkeen war this takes place. The excerpt mentions the "Winter Solstice", but is it the one right after the war or is it later? Can anyone fill me in on this?

No clue, but doesn't the minion war happen within 6 months of the fall of Tolkeen?

That's what I'm trying to pin down.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

HWalsh wrote:

This sounds about right. Basically the minion war appears to be kicking off on the winter solstice of 109PA so pretty much right at the end of the year. I don't recall when tolkeen fell but around 6 months sounds about right.
Proseksword
Adventurer

Unread post by Proseksword »

The preview says the date is 110 PA.
HWalsh
Hero

Unread post by HWalsh »

Proseksword wrote:The preview says the date is 110 PA.

That makes sense. The Seige ended shortly before Christmas time in Aftermath. Both the CS and Spluggorth were still searching for people in Tolkien's ruins at first contact. So, while we don't have an exact time line, we do know it had to be soon.
keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

Ok, I admit it. I'm an idiot. :lol:
The answer I was looking for is in the opening of Megaverse In Flames, it states that the first assaults came on 12-21-109. :badbad: Thanks for the help anyway guys.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

keir451 wrote:Ok, I admit it. I'm an idiot. :lol:
The answer I was looking for is in the opening of Megaverse In Flames, it states that the first assaults came on 12-21-109. :badbad: Thanks for the help anyway guys.

Look on the bright side. Now you have found the answer for everyone ELSE that wasn't sure of it. :D
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Oh I am not sure if everybody has seen it yet but drivethrurpg has a preview of heroes of humanity available now. It was a pretty interesting read looking forward to getting the book in a few weeks barring more printer hiccups.
Proseksword
Adventurer

Unread post by Proseksword »

Seriously wondering if something strange is afoot or if it's just a typo that Arzno is listed as a CS ally.......
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I am guessing like lazlo and other they are "shadow allies" basically they can't support the CS openly but they do what they can to not joggle the CS's elbow in fights and do what they can to assist where/if possible because no matter what people think about the CS it has the best chance to blunt the invasion at least in north america before it gets to large to handle of any of the powers.

The CS is clearly taking the demon/devil threat very seriously unleashing 350k to 500k juicers in a couple months time is a pretty clear indication they are treating this as a possible end of days scenario. They are slapping juicer chem rigs on any human with a pulse who says okay. Looks like they are also offering borg conversion to green recruits as well although that would simply because its a more expensive and more involved procedure be less than the juicers but they are clearly going all in on this.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Juicers are a good troop choice, so are borgs. They have about the same combat endurance as a demon...except for needing repairs.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Yup really if you want to make utter green recruits into something resembling useful being able to slap a juicer rig on them give them a week for it to do its magic and all the sudden you now have a super fast/super strong and agile green recruit. A much greater chance they will live long enough to not only do damage to the enemy but live long enough to actually get good at it. And grand scheme of thing the juicer conversion process is if you can find people will to accept the downside is fast and pretty painless compared to the alternatives.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

One thing this had me wondering is does anybody recall if there is a maximum age limit on juicer conversion? I can't recall if the people getting it need to be under a certain age or not. If not I could see a lot of old combat vets getting to physically old for the job seeing a juicer conversion as a way to both get back a lot of what time robbed them of at least for a few years and to take all their knowledge and "get back into the game". Borg would also be a pretty good option in that case as well.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

instead of a full juicer rig, use the JAEP system that is so common in europe. (WB5, pg175) it offers "juicer-lite" abilities, longer useful lifespan when active (decades rather than years), and is much easier to Detox from. plus it's basically an add-on to an existing OCC, so you could run the recruits through Basic to get the CS Grunt OCC, then add the JAEP harness on to maximize their abilities. even if they don;t stick to the "3 months on, 3 months off" regimine for best effect, as long as they detox the troops before 10 years is up they're still safe.

the abilities it grants aren't as impressive as juicer or MOM tech, but you can tailor the JAEP drugs to enhance specific areas (physical, reflexes, healing, mental, etc)
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

That would be an option but I think for the CS they are going for the most bang for the buck which is full on juicer conversion. Given if it really is a full demon plague they are probably figuring the super green recruits they are getting that they are offering this too probably would not survive more than a few months on the front lines even with the jaep rig. With the juicer rig you get the most effectiveness you can get and honestly probably actually winds up giving a lot of these greenies more longevity than if the CS just gave them 3 weeks of training a set of armor and a gun and which appears to be the non augmented option for them.

Return to “Rifts®”