Free Quebec body armor?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

isawarenshi
D-Bee

Free Quebec body armor?

Unread post by isawarenshi »

So per the Navy section of FQ has access to VA-2 shark armor which has the damage capacity of the modern Coalition armors.

What are people's opinions on this, update the QEBA-10 to the sharks damage capacity or just an oddity?
Slight001
Hero

Re: Free Quebec body armor?

Unread post by Slight001 »

I'd chalk it up to yet another example of authors not thinking through their 'cool' ideas...

Personally I'd ignore the VA-2 Shark Armor reference and instead just give FQ an equivalent based on their own armor designs... if it's even needed... which it probably isn't.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
isawarenshi
D-Bee

Unread post by isawarenshi »

Slight001 wrote:I'd chalk it up to yet another example of authors not thinking through their 'cool' ideas...

Personally I'd ignore the VA-2 Shark Armor reference and instead just give FQ an equivalent based on their own armor designs... if it's even needed... which it probably isn't.

I don't know I kind of like the idea of giving them an updated armor stats. Especially since at this point they are far behind both the Coalition and Triax. The rest of their equipment is mostly on par to one sense or another.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

actually, i'd have no issues with just claiming that the Shark Armor was a FQ invention that the rest of the CS navy adopted back when they were workign together.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I just knock the FQ armor up to CS standard numbers while keeping the style aesthetic. They're allies again after all and if FQ can make GB's their other stuff isn't going to be 'behind' for some reason.

Some admin's might give them access to the Republicans little glitter boy stuff. yikes.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

You can always give FQ the old, unenhanced Triax armor from the NGR>
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

I like the look of the FQ armor, better than the melted plastic new style cs.

To me style trumps stats.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Ramond Perez did some good work for FQ.

Thing is if you see his versions of the CS armor he makes it look pretty good too.

I prefer the FQ armor (But not their weapons, they look French and wussy for the most part).

I just give the FQ same MDC as CS and call it done.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

It was never a problem in my games. I never had the silly FQ/CS difference in my games. So Its all Deadboys. Quick, easy, simple and avoids stupid stuff. Though I understand that it doesn't work in games where people want to have the FQ drama.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Ramond Perez did some good work for FQ.

Thing is if you see his versions of the CS armor he makes it look pretty good too.

I prefer the FQ armor (But not their weapons, they look French and wussy for the most part).

I just give the FQ same MDC as CS and call it done.

I have seen his CS armor. It still looks morel like melted plastic to me than a faceless skeleton.(it is the over all design not how they are drawn by any artist) The only good looking new style CS armor to me is the SF.

Most of the FQ to me look like they where inspired by star wars blasters or by real weajpns like the q1 02 and q2 30 some have silencers for some reason.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.

Return to “Rifts®”