Vampire hunting competition

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Bones
Wanderer
Location: Beaverton, Oregon, US, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group

Vampire hunting competition

Unread post by Bones »

Who is better at killing vamps? TW Vampire Hunter or Atlantean Undead Slayer? Or do you know of some other O.C.C./R.C.C./P.C.C. that is even better?
Proseksword
Adventurer

Re: Vampire hunting competition

Unread post by Proseksword »

Water Warlock seems like he'd give either a run for their money.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Atlantean undead slayer is really good because they have some solid protections from the mind control and a lot of very specific anti vamp powers and are innate MDC beings so less prone to being mist form snuck up on by angry vamps.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

The advantage of TW vampire hunters is they can arm others as well. So they can arm any free psi or mage. TW did have a helmet to protect from vampire mind control in the original vampire kingdom. TW modifed fire trucks can hose down vampires from a safe distance and that water can soak you even if you have rain gear on.

Depending on the GM the TW may be able to make many new tools that do very nasty things to vamps. TK water cutter guns that can shoot through MD blasts would melt the vamps fairly quickly. Globe of daylight flash bangs that take the entire power from a full duration and squeeze it into a few seconds could potently sun kill them. The problem is TW can be very dependable on GM and imagination as to what they can do.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Cyborgs do extremely well vs vampires.
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

Who's the best vamp hunter?

Planet Eylor.

*drop techno wizard mic*

;)
Dan Frederick
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Lemurian biomancer in their wooden bio armor.
Bones
Wanderer
Location: Beaverton, Oregon, US, Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group

Unread post by Bones »

What book is planet eylor in?
Blue_Lion
Knight

Bones wrote:What book is planet eylor in?

Not sure if it is stated up, but it is used by the sploogy.

The planet would be unable to be a vampire hunter as it can not go searching/hunting for vampires for vampires. It may have a immune response if the vampires come to it though.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Ironically I don't know really what eylor could even do to vampires. vampires are such weird things in what can actually destroy them. The eylor stuff we have seen has a lot of detection/protection capabilities and some minor magic damage which could hurt vampires but nothing I have seen listed would be capable of even permenantly killing a single wild vampire using only eylor stuff. Maybe I am missing one of the weird splugorth things that allows eyelor weapons to shoot wood or water or actual sun light but I can't think of any off the top of my head that do that.

As we have never had more than vague descriptions of the actual planet and what it may or may not be capable of impossible to say. Other than it is an actual planet so getting it to your area to rid you of vampires is problematic at best.
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

I've secretly wanted to play a vampire hunting star child from England.
Dog_O_War
Champion
Comment: I'ma fight you, Steve!

Unread post by Dog_O_War »

Bones wrote:Who is better at killing vamps? TW Vampire Hunter or Atlantean Undead Slayer? Or do you know of some other O.C.C./R.C.C./P.C.C. that is even better?

Like an experiment hero with APS: water, Sonic Speed and Bend Light?

Because becoming an invisible tidal-wave of mach one water would probably be the best anyone could do.
Thread Bandit
I didn't say "rooster"
My masters were full of cheesecake
The answer to all your "not realistic!" questions. FIREBALL!
I am a King.
I am a Renegade.
I am a Barbarian.
I cry the howl of chaos.
I am the dogs of war.
Blue_Lion
Knight

well if you want conversion an enlighten immortal from Ninjas and superspies at the final stage. Dimensional travel, full control over undead the ability to use a breath to turn them to chi that you swallow(no save) to release at high noon in a field, and lots of copies of yourself.

Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Star Child RCC (Rifts England).

Vampires "will flee from the transformed figure of light and suffer 6D6 MD from each light blast."

MDC Aura.
Turns into a flying light bulb.
Natural light blasts that blinds & damage vampires.
Sensitive / Healing Psionics.
And if things turn bad, he can escape darned near anything by turning into a Shooting Star.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

HU hero APS: Water
Yay Zan your actual better than your sister at something.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Guardians from Nightbane
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Fell wrote:Who's the best vamp hunter?

Planet Eylor.

*drop techno wizard mic*

;)

Yup... Such a good TW, planet size PPE... and yet it wasn't able to defend itself against sploogs... No WAIT, it is all a plot by Eylore to expand its influence by having items sold by the sploogs. The sploigs are all like muhahahaha, the money and Eylore is like... I'll just stay quiet and let those tenticled freaks spread my spores... Of EvILLL.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

TA momano with a few tattoos, psionic hydrokenesis. Dual thunder guns.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Mack wrote:Star Child RCC (Rifts England).

Vampires "will flee from the transformed figure of light and suffer 6D6 MD from each light blast."

I always get confused when I see explicit notes of vampires taking MD like "if you're going to go out of your way to talk about vampires why not say how much HP they take?" This isn't the only place it happens.

Of course the Children don't spend all their time in that form, so a vampire could approach when their guard is down.
Mack
Supreme Being

Unread post by Mack »

Axelmania wrote:
Mack wrote:Star Child RCC (Rifts England).

I always get confused when I see explicit notes of vampires taking MD like "if you're going to go out of your way to talk about vampires why not say how much HP they take?" This isn't the only place it happens.

Of course the Children don't spend all their time in that form, so a vampire could approach when their guard is down.

6D6 is the HP damage. It's apparent if you read the whole description for context.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Oh yeah?

Only vampires are heart by the light. They will flee from the transformed figure of light and suffer 6D6 M.D. from each light blast

How is it apparent that it is HP damage when they say Mega-Damage?

What is the point of even doing this if the only thing which can be harmed by it has HP?

I could get the impression reading this that a vampire would suffer 6D6x100 HP and die instantly.

The same oddity on page 42 of England, under arrows made of Hawthorn:
to vampires: 1D4 x 10 M.D.

It's a mixup worth complaining about, there is no way this context makes sense when the only being who the damage is given for ultimately checks points off an HP score, to give MD.
Mack
Supreme Being

Unread post by Mack »

Eh, it's a typo (or to be more precise, a nomenclature mistake). While annoying it's not game-breaking.

Regardless, the intent is clear.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Columbia has a plethora of Vampire slaying robots and vehicles.
The battery powered pa isn't the best but it allows you to trade a few punches with a Vamp.

Return to “Rifts®”