Gnomes in Rifts?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Gnomes in Rifts?

Unread post by taalismn »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
(runs off to write a romance called "50 Shades of Gnome," and make millions of dollars)

Works better with gray elves....much sexier(from a biased homo sapiens viewpoint) and you get a wider reader audience(as opposed to a ' comparatively vertically challenged' audience) reader market. Plus there's the actual 'shades of gray' workplay.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

taalismn wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:
(runs off to write a romance called "50 Shades of Gnome," and make millions of dollars)

Works better with gray elves....much sexier(from a biased homo sapiens viewpoint) and you get a wider reader audience(as opposed to a ' comparatively vertically challenged' audience) reader market. Plus there's the actual 'shades of gray' workplay.

Nah, it's cool.

These gnomes are gonna sparkle, so they'll be plenty sexy.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
taalismn
Priest

Killer Cyborg wrote:[\

I'm getting out my collection of sharpened stakes, just in case....ah, sharpened toothpicks.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
MaDog
D-Bee

Unread post by MaDog »

So we should expect a romance book series geared for angsty teens called Gnomerian Twilight? I'm not sure whether to wait in anticipation or horror.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Robot Control in the original Merc book has a faire with a "light" Naruni FF that would easily work for a gnome.

What about a modified animal robot? I'm thinking a modified version of a NEMA four legged drone, or one of the smuggler robot animals in Black Market. Think about that Shemarrian Wolf looking thing really being a "gnomed" (instead of manned) robot vehicle.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

taalismn wrote:Under those circumstances, Gnome/Leprechaun romance is less likely, if you've Summoned somebody as a slave. That's not romance, that's something darker and uglier.

At first level you can't have a slave as a Summoner anyway, and Gnomes are friendly with fairy folk I think, so I figure they would just summon them as friends or as free agents to negotiate contracts.

Shifters have that option instead of level-based minion caps too right?
taalismn
Priest

Axelmania wrote:
taalismn wrote:

At first level you can't have a slave as a Summoner anyway, and Gnomes are friendly with fairy folk I think, so I figure they would just summon them as friends or as free agents to negotiate contracts.?

"Okay, I know we're buddies and all, but did you have to choose THIS moment to Summon me? Couldn't you have waited a day or so? I was right in the middle of-"

This is sort of what happened to Oz in the first Myth-Adventures book, Summoned right out of the shower....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Axelmania
Knight

I guess Leprechauns might care about nudity, not as much of an issue with other fairy species though. Of course a Shifter wouldn't have the issue since they can communicate first before doing the summon.
taalismn
Priest

Axelmania wrote:I guess Leprechauns might care about nudity, not as much of an issue with other fairy species though. Of course a Shifter wouldn't have the issue since they can communicate first before doing the summon.

Or it might be something else entirely that Leprechauns dislike being interrupted at every time somebody hits the Summon button. Like Dancing With Satyrs, or Beerfest(it's ALWAYS Beerfest somewhere in the Megaverse).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

taalismn wrote:
Axelmania wrote:I guess Leprechauns might care about nudity, not as much of an issue with other fairy species though. Of course a Shifter wouldn't have the issue since they can communicate first before doing the summon.

Or it might be something else entirely that Leprechauns dislike being interrupted at every time somebody hits the Summon button. Like Dancing With Satyrs, or Beerfest(it's ALWAYS Beerfest somewhere in the Megaverse).

or just before they they get to finish of what they where doing. I would hate to get summoned in the middle of taking a number 2, or happy time with my partner. Getting pulled away from a favorite meal would suck as well.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Axelmania
Knight

Do leprechauns even poop?
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Axelmania wrote:Do leprechauns even poop?

How do you think their Pot'O'Gold gets filled?
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

That is so, so wrong.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Axelmania
Knight

Palladium RPG 225 "Leprechauns are huge sissies" .. "these little people are no cowards" ... I don't know how to think of these people. They apparently seek vengeance if you torture them but summoning is mere inconvenience not torture, and doing so doesn't endanger their pot 'o gold.

While on the subject of faerie varieties...

Palladium RPG 196 "Goblins, hob-goblins, kobolds, and orcs are the malicious, ugly inhabitants of the faerie folk."
Palladium RPG 221 "With few notable exceptions, like goblins, hob-goblins, kobolds, and orcs the Faerie folk are a host of tiny magical people"

Would this mean that "Summon Faerie Folk" could allow you to opt to choose one of these 4 playable races to summon as a minion instead?

Until now I would have thought 'Summon Pawn' as usual but since they're counted among the Faerie...
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Axelmania wrote:Palladium RPG 225 "Leprechauns are huge sissies" .. "these little people are no cowards" ... I don't know how to think of these people. They apparently seek vengeance if you torture them but summoning is mere inconvenience not torture, and doing so doesn't endanger their pot 'o gold.

While on the subject of faerie varieties...

Palladium RPG 196 "Goblins, hob-goblins, kobolds, and orcs are the malicious, ugly inhabitants of the faerie folk."
Palladium RPG 221 "With few notable exceptions, like goblins, hob-goblins, kobolds, and orcs the Faerie folk are a host of tiny magical people"

Would this mean that "Summon Faerie Folk" could allow you to opt to choose one of these 4 playable races to summon as a minion instead?

Until now I would have thought 'Summon Pawn' as usual but since they're counted among the Faerie...

Depends on the nature of the summoning, and what happens.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.

Return to “Rifts®”