Black market abilities

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jarlaxle
Explorer
Comment: Any questions, comments, concerns, feel free to write them on a $20 bil and send them to me.

Black market abilities

Unread post by jarlaxle »

This has me at a loss of coherency:

The number of Black Market Special Abilities available:
• Criminal O.C.C.s: Unless stated otherwise under a specific O.C.C., all criminal O.C.C.s (Bandit, Cyber-Snatcher, Forger, Highway Man, Smuggler, Pirate, Professional Thief, and similar) who become a Black Marketeer get four Special Abilities of the Black Marketeer of choice.

So what this is meaning to me is that these guys get 4 choices right off the hop(when creating a black market character) or upon joining the BM now in understanding yes they would not get more save the 1 granted upon reaching a rank of lieutenant. Where as actual black market occs will get I think 2 and choice of 1at levels 1, 4, 8, 12 and upon ranking of lieutenant?

Or do BM occs get these 4 plus hard wired and level granted choices?

Some clarity or thoughts here though an actual canon answer or errata note of official word would be nice.
I support Hades in the minion war
They say life is short, but it is the longest thing you will do
Characters:
Rachel Riftrider
Story Logs:
Time Marshalls: Agent Riftrider
dragonfett
Knight

Re: Black market abilities

Unread post by dragonfett »

jarlaxle wrote:This has me at a loss of coherency:

• Criminal O.C.C.s: Unless stated otherwise under a specific O.C.C., all criminal O.C.C.s (Bandit, Cyber-Snatcher, Forger, Highway Man, Smuggler, Pirate, Professional Thief, and similar) who become a Black Marketeer get four Special Abilities of the Black Marketeer of choice.

So what this is meaning to me is that these guys get 4 choices right off the hop(when creating a black market character) or upon joining the BM now in understanding yes they would not get more save the 1 granted upon reaching a rank of lieutenant. Where as actual black market occs will get I think 2 and choice of 1at levels 1, 4, 8, 12 and upon ranking of lieutenant?

Some clarity or thoughts here though an actual canon answer or errata note of official word would be nice.

It seems to me that the "criminal" OCC's only get four abilities to start and what ever ones that they get when their rank in the organization goes up. The majority of the Black Market OCC's get a total of 5 over the course of 15 levels, starting with two right off the bat. The only BM OCC that gets less than that (actually gets the same number as "non-criminal OCC's") also does not get any extra abilities as their character levels increase (the Raider).

Personally, I think that the non-Black Market OCC's should have been dealt with in this manner to bring them more on par with the OCC's presented in the book is right off at character creation they get two abilities (or one for "non-criminal OCC's"), then they get one more at levels 5 and 10.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
jarlaxle
Explorer
Comment: Any questions, comments, concerns, feel free to write them on a $20 bil and send them to me.

Unread post by jarlaxle »

dragonfett wrote:
jarlaxle wrote:This has me at a loss of coherency:

It seems to me that the "criminal" OCC's only get four abilities to start and what ever ones that they get when their rank in the organization goes up. The majority of the Black Market OCC's get a total of 5 over the course of 15 levels, starting with two right off the bat. The only BM OCC that gets less than that (actually gets the same number as "non-criminal OCC's") also does not get any extra abilities as their character levels increase (the Raider).

Personally, I think that the non-Black Market OCC's should have been dealt with in this manner to bring them more on par with the OCC's presented in the book is right off at character creation they get two abilities (or one for "non-criminal OCC's"), then they get one more at levels 5 and 10.

i like this thank you i think that is how i will implement it
I support Hades in the minion war
They say life is short, but it is the longest thing you will do
Characters:
Rachel Riftrider
Story Logs:
Time Marshalls: Agent Riftrider
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

Thank you!