Some Cyber Knight Questions

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: Some Cyber Knight Questions

Unread post by say652 »

By the inclusion of Major Psionics and Other types of Master Psionics can a Mystic become a Cyberknight?
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

A couple sources allow Psistalkers to take on other O.C.C.s. Cyberknights in SoT4, Nega-Psychic and Psi-Nullifier in WB12. When they do, they substitute all of the other classes' abilities for their normal psistalker ones though; including the senses and ability to feed on P.P.E. It more or less gets them the background of being a psistalker with very few of the benefits. See WB12 p83 for more details.

I am not aware of any reference that would allow another master psychic class, such as Mind Melter or Zapper, to substitute any of their abilities for those inherent to a Cyberknight. The description on page 24 of SoT4 indicates the specific abilities that master psychic Cyberknights may select from and states that they get nothing else. However, the Momano Hunter from WB20 does allow that kind of flexibility and could conceivably be used as a model for making a hybrid Cyberknight if you wanted to houserule it into existence.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

say652 wrote:By the inclusion of Major Psionics and Other types of Master Psionics can a Mystic become a Cyberknight?

It's not a form of multiclassing. All it allows is for persons who possess major and master psychic potential to become Cyberknights. Now if you want to do the standard two-level transition to a new class, I don't know why a character who was a mystic couldn't become a cyberknight. Though their magical powers may be impaired by the cyberarmor.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Psi Stalker Cyber Knight.
Zapper Cyber Knight.
Mystic Cyber Knight.....

Question 2.
Cyber Knight PsiNet Agent or ISS Intel Specter?
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

say652 wrote:Psi Stalker Cyber Knight.
Zapper Cyber Knight.
Mystic Cyber Knight.....

Question 2.
Cyber Knight PsiNet Agent or ISS Intel Specter?

Answer 1 and 2: None of the above are legal.

Since all of those are OCCs already, and you can't take two OCCs (unless explicitly allowed to by the specific race/class/power/whatever) then your stuck to being either a Cyberknight or a Zapper/Mystic/PsiNet Agent/ISS Intel Specter/Any other Class
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Psi Net recruits psychics all the time.

Perhaps several Squires turned coat along with a few experienced Knights to train new ones.

The cs has Psi Warrior and Psi Slayer according to Psyscape.
Does Cs Cyber Knight seem that far fetched? Using the Rmb version would fit the Rouge Squires explanation nicely. While weaker than a RUE Cyber Knight they are still Formidable
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

say652 wrote:Psi Net recruits psychics all the time.

Perhaps several Squires turned coat along with a few experienced Knights to train new ones.

Does Cs Cyber Knight seem that far fetched? Using the Rmb version would fit the Rouge Squires explanation nicely. While weaker than a RUE Cyber Knight they are still Formidable

Oh I am not saying that the CS can't have Cyberknights. I am saying that if your a CS Cyberknight your a CS Cyberknight, not some other OCC with the Cyberknight goodies stacked on top of it.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Dog boys can be cyberknights too.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

eliakon wrote:
say652 wrote:Psi Net recruits psychics all the time.

Oh I am not saying that the CS can't have Cyberknights. I am saying that if your a CS Cyberknight your a CS Cyberknight, not some other OCC with the Cyberknight goodies stacked on top of it.

Psi Net Agents have a much narrower skill selection than a rmb Cyberknight, yes they do gain additional bonuses but without the Ton and a half of skills the rmb Cyberknight gains.
Rue Cyberknights yes I Support these Power House Combat Monsters being limited to just their Over Powered Occ Abilities.
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Dog boys can be cyberknights too.

Actually I believe any race that is not RCC locked can be a Cyberknight now. (which makes me wonder about draconic Cyberknights and the origin of the order.....)

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I treat them as two seperate OCCs Rmb Cyberknight I allow to slide into occs allowing major psionics(rmb Cks aren't Master Psionics) the RUE Cyber Knights are the newer, younger, stronger, faster Knights of the order.
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

say652 wrote:I treat them as two seperate OCCs Rmb Cyberknight I allow to slide into occs allowing major psionics(rmb Cks aren't Master Psionics) the RUE Cyber Knights are the newer, younger, stronger, faster Knights of the order.

That is an interesting houserule, and if it works for your game then by all means.

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Most RUE updates unless a new character was created using the updated occ, you started old school you stay old school.
I would allow an Old Occ to Dual Class to the Updated version though.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Dog boys can be cyberknights too.

yep. which when contrasted to some of the other suggestions made makes a good place for a bit of explanation on the difference (thanks pepsi for giving an opening. :) )

dogboys, being a race/RCC can be come cyberknights.. but they lose the CS dogpack training in favor of the new OCC. the same way that a freeborn dogboy can become a mage or a robot pilot or whatever regular OCC you can name.

but if you already have an OCC (like say, ley line walker or zapper) you can't then take the cyberknight oCC in addition any more than you can take say, mercenary robot pilot OCC.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

jimflory wrote:According to the Siege of Tolkeen book about CyberKnights, a PsiStalker can be a knight.
But, I thought Stalkers were all of the same OCC.
Is there an RCC that I missed? If so, can they be other OCCs as well?

Also, as CyberKnighta can be Minor, Major, or even Master Psychics, can a Zapper, Burster, Mind Melter, Nega, etc become a CyberKnight?

Striping away all the stupidness to make things clear what I am talking about...

Psi Stalkers are a race of mutant humans. There are two RCCs [Racial Character Class] which they normally have in North America. Those are the CS (civilized military) Psi-Stalker RCC and the Wild Psi-Stalker RCC.
However, with R:SoT: CK does allow Psi-Stalkers to take the Cyber-Knight OCC as a form of a Psi-Stalker RCC.

Defining how I am using them in the above paragraph.
RCCs are Character Classes that are 'restricted to' and 'unique to' a single race.
(Yes, just like the words that make up RCC mean if you have them all spelled out and just read them.)

Race, a unique species of people. Examples of races...humans, elves, dwarves, floopers, splugorth,......
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Depending on how powerful you want a Cyber Knight, using the mutant power category some amazing creations are possible with Super Powers and Psionics.
Most beings with Super Powers and Psionics are considered Latent Psionics, this is another term for Major Psionic.

Thus by this reasoning Super Major Psionic Cyberknight just became a LEGIT and CANON option for a Player Character.
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

say652 wrote:Depending on how powerful you want a Cyber Knight, using the mutant power category some amazing creations are possible with Super Powers and Psionics.
Most beings with Super Powers and Psionics are considered Latent Psionics, this is another term for Major Psionic.

Thus by this reasoning Super Major Psionic Cyberknight just became a LEGIT and CANON option for a Player Character.

Errrr no its not "legit' or 'canon' since it still requires a house rule that Mutants = Latent and Latent = Major, and of course it requires the GM to house rule in allowing Mutant Power Category people to also stack on an OCC.

Its plausible.....but still firmly in the realm of GM House Rule.

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

jimflory wrote:According to the Seige of Tolkeen book about CyberKnights, a PsiStalker can be a knight. But, I thought Stalkers were all of the same OCC. Is there an RCC that I missed? If so, can they be other OCCs as well? Also, as CyberKnighta can be Minor, Major, or even Master Psychics, can a Zapper, Burster, Mind Melter, Nega, etc become a CyberKnight?

Psi-Stalkes were originally an RCC in the RMB, and also presented as this in Lone Star and Xiticix Invasion.

Them being presented as an OCC in RUE doesn't complicate anything.

Although there are not any rules for STARTING as both a master psionic OCC and a cyber-knight, you can use Palladium's rules for changing character classes to become a Cyber-Knight at a later level. This is indicated at http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/ques ... ombat.html

26. How many times can you change an OCC? When you change how many skills do you get and from what OCC skills, related or secondary.?

Answer: Treat multiple O.C.C.s in Rifts as you would in Palladium.

Characters that wish to learn a new O.C.C. must first advance at least one level in their current P.C.C./R.C.C.

At second level (or wherever desired), they may opt for training in the new O.C.C. as soon as they reach that new level (it cannot be done after they have advanced in their new experience level).

When the character begins their new training, they are zero-level in the new O.C.C.

The character must earn experience points equal to the new O.C.C.'s second level (if Men of arms or adventurers) or third level (if magical or psychic).

When that amount of experience points is acquired, the character has passed their apprenticeship and is now at first level in his new O.C.C.

Once characters change over to their new O.C.C., they retain their old skills (but frozen at the levels they achieved before the change) but all new P.P.E., S.D.C., and other increases will be based upon their new O.C.C.

all new experience points are awarded to the new O.C.C.

Characters who change to a new O.C.C. will get all of the O.C.C. skills and special abilities, but only HALF the number of O.C.C. related and secondary skills.

When powers/skills are duplicated, they get whichever is the better of the two, they do NOT add them together. For special powers and abilities that specific O.C.C.s may possess, adjust where necessary. At the GM's discretion, characters may continue to change O.C.C.s repeatedly as long as they pay the experience points for their apprenticeships.

Similar rules are at http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/inde ... Itemid=200

Characters that wish to learn a new O.C.C. must first advance at least one level in their current O.C.C./R.C.C. At second level (or wherever desired), they may opt for training in the new O.C.C. as SOON as they reach that new level (it cannot be done after they have advanced in their new experience level).

When the character begins their new training, they are zero-level in the new O.C.C. The character must earn experience points equal to the new O.C.C.'s second level (if Men of arms or adventurers) or third level (if magical or psychic). When that amount of experience points is acquired, the character has passed their apprenticeship and is now at first level in his new O.C.C.

Once characters change over to their new O.C.C., they retain their old skills (but frozen at the levels they achieved before the change) but all new PPE, S.D.C., and other increases will be based upon their new O.C.C. ALL new experience points are awarded to the new O.C.C.

The only difference I've noticed is the presence of the idea in Rifts that you only get half the related/secondary skills. I don't think that was the case in PRPG or PFRPG2nd errata.

There's also another option in that PF sourcebook with the boating, better in short-term since you don't spend XP to reach level 1 but worse in long-term for reason I can't recall.

There is also a non-canon take on it at http://www.temporalnexus.net/multiverse ... ngOCC.html

eliakon wrote:you can't take two OCCs (unless explicitly allowed to by the specific race/class/power/whatever)

This isn't Dead Reign or Skraypers, it's Rifts, I have never seen such a restriction stated, in fact we have numerous NPCs proving multi-classing is possible in this dimension and numerous errata telling us that the PF rules for it transfer.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
eliakon
Palladin

Unread post by eliakon »

Tor wrote:
eliakon wrote:you can't take two OCCs (unless explicitly allowed to by the specific race/class/power/whatever)

This isn't Dead Reign or Skraypers, it's Rifts, I have never seen such a restriction stated, in fact we have numerous NPCs proving multi-classing is possible in this dimension and numerous errata telling us that the PF rules for it transfer.

And in the context of what I was saying its absolutely true.
There is no canon way to take two OCCs at the same time with out a special snowflake exemption
Thus why saying someone could not be both a Cyber knight and also be a second OCC at the same time.

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

I don't think you had establishes a context of simultaneity.

Plus you do take them at the same time, you just advance them separately :)
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Rifts®”