New! Character Sheet

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

velkymx
D-Bee
Comment: Long time player and forever GM for TMNT and RIFTs.

New! Character Sheet

Unread post by velkymx »

Get the PDF of our character sheet. We use it for RIFTS and it makes me happy. Post your thoughts and feedback please!

Download it: http://bit.ly/riftspcs
Mechghost
Explorer

Re: New! Character Sheet

Unread post by Mechghost »

nice work
"Did you find him?"
"Just the parts they didn't like..."
velkymx
D-Bee

Unread post by velkymx »

Thanks!
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

I like it overall but seems a little light on space for Psionic Powers/Magic Spells, but that's the only real 'complaint' I'd have; and I know it's a hard needle to thread based on what people chose to play as some will have a lot and many nothing at all.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
velkymx
D-Bee

Unread post by velkymx »

@Daniel - totally. I added more field to the back on the sheet, but in all honesty you could have a hundred powers.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

I really like the style and overall look of the character sheet. Great job!
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Nice work! Now...one day I will find a sheet that fits my character...*drudgery continues*
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Nice work :)
The Dragon Has Spoken
velkymx
D-Bee

Unread post by velkymx »

Thanks!
velkymx
D-Bee

Unread post by velkymx »

Any feedback or changes?
Nox Equites
Explorer

Unread post by Nox Equites »

Cool. Wouldn't work well for people who play mercs from N&S.
velkymx
D-Bee

Unread post by velkymx »

Nox Equites wrote:Cool. Wouldn't work well for people who play mercs from N&S.

Nox - what would you need changed or expanded?
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Probably will not use it, it may look nice. The over use of diamond position makes it hard for me to fallow it at first glance and it wastes space. It tries to have special boxes for everything resulting in some areas not having room for charters. If I was going to use a premade universal charter sheet probably still use the one from the cutting room floor.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Love the ascetic, but feel the hand to hand section is woefully inadequate. Also the file photo and graph paper sections could be replaced with more space for skills and equipment.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
theran_mage
D-Bee
Comment: Reach out, smile, help someone, make the world a better place. Make it better.

Unread post by theran_mage »

I really like it, I agree on the diamond thing taking up too much space at the top, maybe you could put those back to boxes instead with a cool border on one side or something. The other thing I'd like to see is 4-5 versions of this character sheet with more space allocated on the sheet for a Mage or a Psychic or cyborg's area of need. Super hero is another type.

Great work! Thanks for the contribution!
velkymx
D-Bee

Unread post by velkymx »

Everyone is missing that the diamonds at the top are for the number in the middle and the modifiers on the sides.
parkhyun
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by parkhyun »

I like it. Can you make a fillable pdf?
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

velkymx wrote:Everyone is missing that the diamonds at the top are for the number in the middle and the modifiers on the sides.

Nope, the diamonds although may have a aesthetic quality are not very efficient set up is what people are pointing out as negative side.(not what they do but how the space is used.) The one on the second page might fallow body flow but is also not the best use of space.(it might even be redundant as it is on the first page as well)

To me for my use the set up does look nice but is not intuitive for me to fallow, the diamonds set up in itself distracts from fast scans for what I need with modifiers falling in two different directions. Looking for a stat modifier I go to the stat then look left for what it does with the diamond I have to find the stat then process which way to go down and to the left or right. There are things that I do not see how the sheet is set up to track such as gender, damage and spent vs max ISP PPE or chi.

The diamonds have allot of wasted space, standard box method would allow them to be smaller and still have the same amount of writing space. You put a horizontal line in the diamond for people to write on in a box format the box itself is the horizontal line so no wasted space for the point under the line or the edges hanging off the side.

My personal taste in charter sheets is I want them to be efficient and quick for me to use. So while your sheet does have it strengths it is not one I would use. But then you made it to your tastes not mine so that is to be expected. So although it is negative my feedback does not really matter that much if it works for you use it.

(Most if not all of your sheet can be done in 1 page, and has been http://www.palladiumbooks.com/images/Do ... -front.pdf that has 60 skills and special ability skills, can cover racial powers, supernatural powers OCC powers and even be used to list augmentation. stat modifiers are not tracked with stats but in applied to the save so for saves you just look for it charm intimidate are set apart so you can find them when relevant. To me it is a quicker sheet once set up and it tracks more stuff in less space. While yours looks nice the PB one looks terrible but it gets the job done with more efficient use of space.)
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

I think you put a lot of hard work into your character sheet and it looks pretty cool. I would probably stick to the same one I've been using since high school though, mostly because that's what I'm familiar with not because it's the best, although I have started using the one Blue_Lion suggested for any new players I bring in.

For people that like ones that you can fill in, I found this one during a Google search http://www.epicwords.com/attachments/8599. While I do think it works fairly well, I like how the numbers are entered automatically on the consecutive pages, there are still some things I would tweak/change if I could.

Not sure who made the sheet, like I said I found it on a random search, in no way am I trying to take any credit or trying to pass it off as mine.
velkymx
D-Bee

Unread post by velkymx »

@Blue_Lion - thanks for the input. Stick with what works for you.
sanka
D-Bee

Unread post by sanka »

looks good. But generaly my characters have more weapons and sets of armor. The space for those is a bit tight, but the diamonds really work for me...

Return to “Rifts®”