Open contracts. One shot or extended games

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

KaneSolamon
D-Bee
Comment: It's only over powered if your afraid of the challenge "(besides i rolled it legally)"

Open contracts. One shot or extended games

Unread post by KaneSolamon »

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

This will be an open to individuals and groups to play out the contracts as well as g.m.'s or people wanting to try out g.m.ing. Or if someone wants to play out being the person offereing a contract. I can make sure to send logs to appropriate people lol.
People can msg. me here or such i will post thier contracts and try to build a community of things built on it/this.
I'm an g.m. it but you wont necessarily like my take on something or how it works... But hopefully you'll enjoy the ride!!!
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Re: Open contracts. One shot or extended games

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

A woman needs a group of bodyguards to protect her from kidnappers, from which she escaped and is fleeing from.

2k a day, plus expenses per person, paid when they get to their destination.

She needs to get to (insert place you can't just bloody teleport to), where her father lives, before he pays the ransom for her and loses everything.

Truth is, she's a spy, her "father" is her employer, and the PCs may have just made an enemy of northern gun, who is sending bounty hunters to get back the secret plans she stole.

Plans are worth 500k to NG, 1.5m to the spy's employer, a rogue NE rep.

Blueprints are whatever is clever.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Alrik Vas wrote:A woman needs a group of bodyguards to protect her from kidnappers, from which she escaped and is fleeing from.

She needs to get to (insert place you can't just bloody teleport to), where her father lives, before he pays the ransom for her and loses everything.

Truth is, she's a spy, her "father" is her employer, and the PCs may have just made an enemy of northern gun, who is sending bounty hunters to get back the secret plans she stole.

Wow that seams insane fee for body guards. Way more than high end merc pay and then you also get expenses. If they are paying expenses then would not a flat 2 k to do the job be a good paying job. Expenses are the biggest part of a job needing to recharge reload and repair after a fight.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

You do it that way, as a GM, to keep them equipped while not paying them hundreds of thousands of credits flat out.

Can also just do an expense estimation and pay that if you want. /shrug
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Blue_Lion
Knight

I understand the concept of not wanting to over pay them. But compare what you are offering to the listed salaries you can hire a merc team for less. If they are getting thousands a day then why pay expenses if they are getting expenses why pay thousands a day. Typically when I play and GM salvage and battle loot is often used to help off set the cost of repairs and reloads. A party making that much will quickly get the items they want, typically a tech equipped encounter has over 10K in loot in the forms of weapons e-clips and other gear. Even if they can only sell it for 10% that on top of the 2K a day means they could work a week and likely pocket over 20K per person. (14K base pay and 6 K in loot.) It also means the client is likely to pay over 100K.

I would think you can hire a squad from Larson's brigade or Braddock's for less. Merc pay table page 18 Rifts mercenary. Outrageous salary 700 cr a week for line soldiers, 900-1200 for noncommissioned officers, 1,200 to 2,000 for medium grade offers and 4,000 to 8,000 for superior officers and special operatives. (Note that is per week). You have a base pay higher than what a high ranking merc officer makes a week with an outrageous salary. (Typical fire team would be 3-5 line soldiers with 0-1 NCO with two fire teams to a squad a squad has at least 1 nco but not likely to have more than 3. That is for infantry/combat arms based off US tatics. A US style SF assault team is likely to be 4-6 NCOs.)

That seams to be a money haul campaign not the base line.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Alrik Vas
Knight

And if it takes two days?

Blue_Lion
Knight

Your paying me 2K by the day to get you from point A to point B plus expenses in rifts. That is cross country with no high way so ground vehicles are going to be doing about 15 MPH (or less) in a non straight line. You can not take the most well traveled straightest routes do to being first place people after will check. So two days is less than 150 miles away. (most places in rifts you can't travel your vehicles max speed safely.) Adding a VIP you would most likely take a less traveled back route or indirect route so most likely even less distance covered. Plus even if it is a two day mission The group could get lost.

But hey lets do the math you are offering per person per day 2K outrageous pay per week for SF mercs is 1.2-2K before any special modifiers. You see the issue? In two days you paid the more than the base pay a week for a SF team with outrageous (insanely high pay scale). Good salary SF would be 500-550 per week excellent salary 600-700 per week. (note those are base pay highest pay modifier for a group charter lower than 8th level is 50% for a GB with PA or 60% for cyber-docs/operators 80% for full conversion military borg. So in two days you paid for a full team of SF borgs for a week)

Alrik Vas
Knight

Yah, I keep forgetting how crappy pay is in rifts.

Blue_Lion
Knight

That was my point you where scaling pay to your game not the base line.

If her boss hired a spy he probably has his own operator or access to one for discounted repairs so say a repair budget of 60K and max ammo/fuel budget of 15K with free recharges and a flat pay for the group to divide amongst them selves. (Not that would recover repairs from a real fight but then again if he was smart he would make it seam like he is not expecting trouble but just being over protective.)

A outrageous offer price tells smart adventures that something is wrong. After the fact the party can try to negotiate for more.

dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

If anyone has Black Market, I recall hearing that there are Mercenary Jobs and pay rates listed in there.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Leo H
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Never attempt to reason with people who know they are right-Dune

Unread post by Leo H »

Alrik Vas wrote:A woman needs a group of bodyguards to protect her from kidnappers, from which she escaped and is fleeing from.

About the teleporting thing, how do you keep your players from whining like small children when you tell them no teleports? For mine I have to have a very specific reason for them to stop crying about it.
All knowledge comes at a price. Be sure it's a price you're willing to pay.
Alrik Vas
Knight

Putting the job in a place they've never been to helps kill insta-travel. Usually.

KaneSolamon
D-Bee
Comment: It's only over powered if your afraid of the challenge "(besides i rolled it legally)"

Unread post by KaneSolamon »

this is meant for fun and community building not harping on each others idea's. Thus the idea of listing power levels for the game/contract's. Propose more in line ones to your ideals if you like. there shouldnt be a limit to what and how.. Whether monty python or minimalist.
I'm an g.m. it but you wont necessarily like my take on something or how it works... But hopefully you'll enjoy the ride!!!
Nox Equites
Explorer

Unread post by Nox Equites »

Here's another idea:

Site security for an archaeological expedition. The pay is good, but not exorbitant. The expedition leader is an obsessed Rogue Scientist who pushes his crew hard. Secondary NPCs are a Mining Borg and a Salvage Expert the rest of the NPCs are just brute labor with few combat skills. Everything is fine for a few days, then the first few attacks begin. These attacks are cakewalks, but the expedition did not include a cell charger so ammo expenditures need to be judicious.

Just as the expedition finds what it is seeking, Old National Guard base, University, or anything else you want to have, the attacks become serious. This next round of attacks includes:

A poorly equipped group of vagabonds led by a crazed mystic who believes this place is the place in his visions. They will fight to the death if allowed.

A serious attempt by well equipped bandits to steal the finds of the expedition. A strong defense will result in a tactical retreat. Prisoners will inform PCs they are being paid by a rival scientist who also heard of this location.

An incident with a wandering Fury Beetle that enters the clearing made for the dig.

After about a month the Scientist is happy with what he has found and they seal the site with expectations to return later. Now for the cross country fun! With vehicles heavily laden by artifacts the convoy goes far slower than the PCs would like. A few encounters on the road include a group of Hi-tech bandits with a single beatup Samson PA. They will try to get the group to surrender but the scientist will have none of it. Careful PCs can win the battle without massive damage. Another event is a flooded river valley that stalls travel for a day. If the group has land nav you can allow them to pick the rout. If not the Mining Borg knows it.

Finally about two months after they started they return to where they started the mission. The scientist is good for the money and he doesn't care about the loot gathered from bandits so the group has a good haul of gear if they thought to collect it.

A few weeks later the group hears that the scientist has been murdered and his records stolen. Is/are the killer(s) going to go after the other members of the expedition who know how to get back to the dig site?

Return to “Rifts®”