Out of box Accuracy.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Your go to occ.

Mage.
37%
Psionic.
5%
Warrior.
37%
Skills.
21%

Total votes: 19

say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Out of box Accuracy.

Unread post by say652 »

Favorite occ(pcc,rcc,ymca) straight out of a book.

As written Warlords of Russia, light Machine Reaver Assassin.
Last edited by say652 on Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Re: Out of box Accuracy.

Unread post by filo_clarke »

D) Scholar/Adventurer
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

filo_clarke wrote:D) Scholar/Adventurer

+500 xp.
And two free tacos, sauce is full price.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I clicked "Warrior" but it was close.

My fave OCC would be the Paratrooper. I had a Larmac Paratrooper that was all kinds of fun.
That said Cyberknight and Dogboy are close seconds, those would fall under Psionic but are also warriors.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:I clicked "Warrior" but it was close.

My fave OCC would be the Paratrooper. I had a Larmac Paratrooper that was all kinds of fun.
That said Cyberknight and Dogboy are close seconds, those would fall under Psionic but are also warriors.

Which book is the paratrooper in?

And I would consider all your choices Warriors.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

Game Master. I don't play often enough to have a go-to.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Temporal Wizard
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

flatline wrote:Temporal Wizard

Never had much luck with mages, my favorite is Warlock. More of a frontline artillery style mage.

With the Temporal Mage, do you stay the full 14 years or opt out early?
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Bill wrote:Game Master. I don't play often enough to have a go-to.

As Gm what are your go to enemies for your players?

My two are Vampires or Splugorth Minions.

Top being Vampires.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

say652 wrote:
flatline wrote:Temporal Wizard

Never had much luck with mages, my favorite is Warlock. More of a frontline artillery style mage.

With the Temporal Mage, do you stay the full 14 years or opt out early?

I usually started at level 1.

My play style is usually to avoid combat as much as possible since it's too risky. Mages, especially Temporal Practitioners, have lots of options to help avoid getting sucked into combat.
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

say652 wrote:Favorite occ(pcc,rcc,ymca) straight out of a book.

What do you mean by Accuracy? accuracy for what? if you want the highest to-hit bonuses, that's the quick-flex gunslinger by far, but I have a feeling that's not what you meant?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

What do you mean by Accuracy? accuracy for what? if you want the highest to-hit bonuses, that's the quick-flex gunslinger by far, but I have a feeling that's not what you meant?

Without using add ons or over customizing.

A marlin rifle is one of the best "out of the box accurate" weapons. A common phrase I use.
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

Right? I am always GM too. Like that I can play everything.

But my FAV Character is either the Cyber Knight, CS Special Forces or the Ley Line Walker
Dan Frederick
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

say652 wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Without using add ons or over customizing.

A marlin rifle is one of the best "out of the box accurate" weapons. A common phrase I use.

Hmmm. That's a bit tricky all told, since a lot of what makes any given class "good" can be situational.

But, I am going to have to go with Demigod, Shifter magic gift, pact with nature deity for access to Air Warlock magic (from shifter abilities), then for O.C.C. Pick Gunfighter OOC, upgrade Hand to Hand to commando for auto dodge. That gives you minions, access to all invocational magic, some of the best all around spells in the game (Phantom, Electro-Magnatism, breath of life, Wind Blast, Tornado, Electric Field, Ect), natural MDC, automatic dodge, lots of sweet bonuses, and not only do Gunfighters get lots of bonus's to heavy rifles but they have that sweet SN PS to use the biggest guns in the game.

At least, for Best Class you can actually play. For the actual best out of box, period, I have to go with the Scarecrow Mystic Knight. Scarecrow is an Race that takes damage ONLY from fire and nothing else. not magic, not psionics, nothing, just fire, magical or not, and can take any magic-using OCC. Mystic Knight is Impervious to heat, fire, and plasma, including magical fire and plasma. Thus your character is tottally invincible to everything forever, and no GM will ever let you play it.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

say652 wrote:

As Gm what are your go to enemies for your players?

I've run more sessions set in North America than anywhere else, so human bandits tend to be the most common enemy I use. It's always situationally appropriate though. This week's adventure in wormwood will feature demonic freebooters. About the only thing I can guarantee is that there will be at least one spellcaster or psychic in any group where it's appropriate to have one.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Cyberknight is by far one of the best classes in the game. One of the few to start off strong and get more powerful as it levels. The amount of skills and abilities you get, along with generous gear selection make it hard ignore.

Though if your GM won't let you play a demigod and that kind of power selection is your bag, super spy from mercenaries is pretty good too.

Other than that, Special Forces OCC from the same book is great. Multiple suits if body armor, non-restricted gear selection, including power armor to start, plus cybernetics. Headhunter comes to mind as well.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Alrik Vas wrote:Cyberknight is by far one of the best classes in the game. One of the few to start off strong and get more powerful as it levels. The amount of skills and abilities you get, along with generous gear selection make it hard ignore.

Though if your GM won't let you play a demigod and that kind of power selection is your bag, super spy from mercenaries is pretty good too.

Other than that, Special Forces OCC from the same book is great. Multiple suits if body armor, non-restricted gear selection, including power armor to start, plus cybernetics. Headhunter comes to mind as well.

Warrior.
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

Now that I have thought about it here is my final answer :)

1.) True Atlantean Mega-Juicer

2.) Iron Heart Coalition States Special Forces (I've been playing the coalition like they were disavowed since 101PA!)

3.) Shifter linked to "The One True God"

;)

I don't know whats my favorite NPC bad guy to toss at Players but the other night one of my players said, "Gods no! Not more Sunaj!!"
Dan Frederick
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Fell wrote:Now that I have thought about it here is my final answer :)

1.) True Atlantean Mega-Juicer

2.) Iron Heart Coalition States Special Forces (I've been playing the coalition like they were disavowed since 101PA!)

3.) Shifter linked to "The One True God"

;)

I don't know whats my favorite NPC bad guy to toss at Players but the other night one of my players said, "Gods no! Not more Sunaj!!"

Warrior.

And Conqueror.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

say652 wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:I clicked "Warrior" but it was close.

Which book is the paratrooper in?

And I would consider all your choices Warriors.

Mercenary Adventures. The small white splat book.

Though I'll admit I read the first post as 'Favorite OOC, straight out of the book" not 'Favorite one for stats right out of the book'

But Paratrooper is pretty good there too. They get some NICE bonuses.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
mercedogre
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I ******* hate the atmosphere of the conversations here on these forums

Unread post by mercedogre »

Headhunter, Special Forces, Gunfighter, Bounty Hunter
You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

If I'm reading you correctly

"Incriptus make a character"
"Whats the game theme"
"I don't, but I want you to make a character and we'll work the theme from there"
"Rifts Mercenaries: Bounty Hunter"

I feel that the bounty hunter works well regardless of geography, a respectable skill set, and the equipment options allow me to scale the character to match a variety of power levels and themes.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

If I get to pick I am going for a mage of some sort. Wizard, or Ley Line Walker or Sorcerer....I just love scholastic wizards, its a lot of fun to be the Swiss Army Tool of the party, and if all else fails....we can probably go find a spell that solves what ever problem we couldn't deal with some other way....
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

That is an odd phase and rather obscure reference for most people on the name.

My would be a TW- but a good TW is all about the flavor of the add ons.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.

Return to “Rifts®”