As requested.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

As requested.

Unread post by say652 »

Svetloye Pivo.
Reaver Assassin level 1.
Light Machine full conversion.

Bionic ps 28.
Bionic pp 24.
Bionic Pb 10.
Bionic speed 144mph.

In addition to standard bionics.
Mekanikal Cutter Weapon arm.
Hydraulic leg boosters.
Panorama Cluster.
Laser Beam eye.

A typical Reaver, Pivo considered himself loyal and his machine body allowed him to take the tough contracts.
A botched hit cost the rest of his team their lives and he was cat into a Rift, his body armor was destroyed and he didn't have his weapons at the time.
He is, well he's not sure yet.
His frame is undamaged, his weapon systems functional.
Alone lost and ready for action.
say652
Palladin

Re: As requested.

Unread post by say652 »

I didn't pick any Bionic armor because, I will equip the character with "gm" approved body armor and gear.
Also I don't have ultimate edition and Memnoc is all the way across town. Gas money and all.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

One RUE change to cyborgs, all full conversion cyborgs designed for combat get Robot PS of 24 for free and may be bought up to as high as 36 with budget or over time (2000 credits per PS point). Kev finnally realized that if you are already throwing out all the origional muscles there's no reason to put in the lesser option for fighting machines. Only slave borgs. partial borgs, or borgs designed for noncombat purposes (like mining borgs) get stuck with bionic PS.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

The warlords book listed the frame as six feet three hundred pounds, I thought the Bionic ps and lack of prowl penalty was the trade off.
Lighter and weaker but much stealthier.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

say652 wrote:The warlords book listed the frame as six feet three hundred pounds, I thought the Bionic ps and lack of prowl penalty was the trade off.

RUE was an update to the rules--the Warlords of Russia is a decade older and no longer applies. You no longer need a special frame, it's automatic to all full conversion borgs and has no penalties.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
say652 wrote:The warlords book listed the frame as six feet three hundred pounds, I thought the Bionic ps and lack of prowl penalty was the trade off.

RUE was an update to the rules--the Warlords of Russia is a decade older and no longer applies. You no longer need a special frame, it's automatic to all full conversion borgs and has no penalties.

So what your saying is there is nothing special about the giant warlord Shock troopers as far as their PS goes? Now the size just increases its capability as an intimidating weapons platform?
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

So what your saying is there is nothing special about the giant warlord Shock troopers as far as their PS goes? Now the size just increases its capability as an intimidating weapons platform?

Pretty much. A reasonable GM would give them a free buff to their PS score sinse it's apparently much easier and cheeper now, but there are no listed benefits, other than having more places to tack guns onto.

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Awesome sauce.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

This was what I was thinking.
Heavy machines and shock troopers sure The get robotic strength.
A light machine??

More asinine Rifts Ultimate edition moronacy. Lol
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Hopefully a "stealth update" will come along and throw the huge Warlords machines a bone. Until RUE Robotic strength was kind of their thing.

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I know, I wanted a light stealthy assassin borg. Bring able to deal megadamage in fist a cuffs is a lil cheesy.
Also might mean I can't use the character I made.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

And nobody caught his name is "Light Beer".
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

say652 wrote:I know, I wanted a light stealthy assassin borg. Bring able to deal megadamage in fist a cuffs is a lil cheesy.
Also might mean I can't use the character I made.

You could always choose to downgrade Bionic PS if he was made for noncombat purposes. It also says that.

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I think the lack of a prowl penalty is a fair trade off.
The Reaver is man size, can use body armor, doesn't have a prowl penalty and has some cool combat bonuses.
Robotic strength is a little to close to the munchkin line I am trying to avoid, at least with this one character. Lol.

Also, it is a one book character all abilities, bionics etc can be found in Warlords of Russia.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Pretty much. A reasonable GM would give them a free buff to their PS score sinse it's apparently much easier and cheeper now, but there are no listed benefits, other than having more places to tack guns onto.

Cyborg Shocktroopers/Ultra Machines still have a higher upper limit on their P.S. scores. Their O.C.C. description says they can get to Robotic P.S. 50 (although the description of Robotic P.S. in the bionics section says they can only get to P.S. 40).
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I like the Warlords almost as much as Japan.
Those Dragonborgs are cool but the Shock Trooper is definitely creme de la creme of the borg world.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I must make like a hundred munchkins to cleanse my soul.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I like the character concept, and the easy set-up that allows him to be easily inserted into a setting. The non-robotic strength makes sense considering the size and lack of prowl penalty.

say652 wrote:I must make like a hundred munchkins to cleanse my soul.

Lol.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

The crazy part is, Pivo is a combat monster with the three Wps the occ gives I could still add sharpshooter, legally.

The reason I stayed one book on the build, is to save time explaining how a first level character can be that nasty in combat.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

say652 wrote:Svetloye Pivo.
Reaver Assassin level 1.
Light Machine full conversion.

Bionic ps 28.
Bionic pp 24.
Bionic Pb 10.
Bionic speed 144mph.

In addition to standard bionics.
Mekanikal Cutter Weapon arm.
Hydraulic leg boosters.
Panorama Cluster.
Laser Beam eye.

A typical Reaver, Pivo considered himself loyal and his machine body allowed him to take the tough contracts.
A botched hit cost the rest of his team their lives and he was cat into a Rift, his body armor was destroyed and he didn't have his weapons at the time.
He is, well he's not sure yet.
His frame is undamaged, his weapon systems functional.
Alone lost and ready for action.

I think I am going to add a few more Bionic systems and heavy Russian cyborg armor to this character.
And a full sensor upgrade.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Only stealth borg I have ever seen is from rifts japan.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Not nearly as big or as armored as a Ninja Borg.
Though Reavers i imagine would be rivals to the ninja clans.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Sounds very cool.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

The character turned out better than I would have thought.
On par with a Mega Juicer, that's why I didn't want robot strength.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Doesn't WB 5 have a stealthy Intel borg?
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Rifts®”