Character build.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Character build.

Unread post by say652 »

12 levels.
No equipment.
Suprise me.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Re: Character build.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Uh...surprise...I went with lvl 12 adult great horned dragon.

>.>
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Skrank level 7 juicer wannabe.
Juicer level 9 (2 levels)
Dual class Heavy Sovietski Borg level 3.

A wannabe that done good, made it all the way to the NGR got Juiced and one a botched heist into the Warlords territory and got blown apart.
The Sovietski found the pieces and first repaired them have the crafty merc citizenship and finally He joined the Police Force. Now nearly seventy years years old and fighting against the very things that got him out of north America.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Chiang-Ku, Shifter mage abilities, Temporal Magic via a god, the level appropriate number of Magic Tattoos, minor psionics, and a bad grudge against Floopers.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Lots of dragons popping up.

Doing research for my next game, and I'm interested in what the people want.

Evidently, Dragons!!
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

A group of adult dragons. Dragons hate each other but, might work together for survival or a common goal.

Atlantis bounty hunters?

A murder of goodly dragons beset by a powerful for?

Hmmmm.....
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

say652 wrote:A group of adult dragons. Dragons hate each other but, might work together for survival or a common goal.

Atlantis bounty hunters?

A murder of goodly dragons beset by a powerful for?

Hmmmm.....

You said Character build...not build a group of characters. ;)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Do you lose super powers by having implants? Wonder why you've never gone with a whole bunch of kaboom powers on a FC borg.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

So far I took the two replies, both dragons and started spinning ideas.

Why good kitty do you have an idea?
I would love to hear it :)
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Alrik Vas wrote:Do you lose super powers by having implants? Wonder why you've never gone with a whole bunch of kaboom powers on a FC borg.

I built a borg that can out fight a mega juicer yesterday.
Its in the As Requested Post.

And using Super Invention or Mystic Bestowed I wouldn't think so.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Alrik Vas wrote:Do you lose super powers by having implants? Wonder why you've never gone with a whole bunch of kaboom powers on a FC borg.

In heroes unlimited I Posted Trooper J, a mutant with a Bionic arm and three implants. The max you can have before powers are affected.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

say652 wrote:So far I took the two replies, both dragons and started spinning ideas.

Why good kitty do you have an idea?
I would love to hear it :)

Absolutely outside of your normal stomping grounds of rifts and HU, I was thinking on my Alchemic Immortal that is a DMA and Chi Mage. Did some loose and fast in that she is an immortal so that she restarted her DMA advancement with the coming of the rifts. She can fit into most groups cause her power level is scalable by what magics she uses. But she does not meat the parameters you set out or only 12 skill levels. (15)/13 (DMA)/Wu-Shih.

Otherwise I would look more towards HU texts rather then Rifts texts to munch out a char. Though now days I'd take a look at 13eowulf's list over in the augmented human topic to see if there were applicable augmentations.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Oddly enough none of my munchy characters get to be part leader :(

Highest mdc is Cutter.
Deals most H2H damage Flying Snow.
Most immunities PowerSurge.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

say652 wrote:Lots of dragons popping up.

You criteria precluded SDC characters.

"No equipment" means the character has to be able to survive Rifts while buck naked, so there's no way folks are going to suggest a Power Armor pilot or the like. The character will need MDC via it's race. So humans are out, D-bees are in.

And by granting 12 levels, the deck is skewed towards characters with really high experience point tables. For example, it might take a Ley Line Walker 20 years (arbitrary number) to collect that much experience, but it would take a Dragon even longer; perhaps 30 or 40 years. Which means while the Ley Line Walker might have had enough time to learn 100 spells, the Dragon had enough time to learn 150 spells. Thus despite both of them being level 12 and both gaining new spells by learning, the Dragon is much more powerful spellcaster even before we get into the racial differences.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Wording, Soooo I set myself up for everyone to pick Dragon.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

say652 wrote:Wording, Soooo I set myself up for everyone to pick Dragon.

No.....I've made quite a few NightSpawn that are rifts chars and are quite powerful. But most interesting have unique features.

(rebel) Infernal Demon (N&S/MC): Morgon.
Nat. shape-changing energy being (neg. Chi). Has all the normal powers of infernals and All psionics. (because of certain lackings had to import some rules from PW, and expand on it)) Their physical form is only a shell they use to interact with the physical world. So long as they do not invest their -chi into having Hit Points, their physical form can be destroyed with out harming the Infernal.

NightSpawn: Hu-Nu Wang
(Moph)--looks to be in her early 20's, a chinese woman, with skin glowing with Mystical energies,& eyes seaming to be orbs of blue flame,& arcs of energy leap across the bane and to nearby objects, rides a tiger of enormous proportions, and holding a javelin like spear covered in fresh blood, and a huge book.Dressed in fine clothing covered with gems and jewels.
Along with the normal NS abilities and immunities she is a bit of a megalomaniac that sees her energies multiplied by 10 fold when in her morphus. She has many spells to augment the talents she has.

Child of the Moon: Were-Tiger: Tom Bandersnatch,
has the normal abilities and immunity verses mundane damages that children of the moon have. Trained as a warrior that uses TW weaponry.

Nightspawn: TJ Nelson
[Morphus] a Dragon wearing hard gray plate barding, with black scales that glistening with light with each movement, and a folded deep blue pole between the diamond black wings, and a human female with flame red wavy hair, looks to be 22, dressed in the see through silken robe with a silver clasp keeping it closed, under that what looks like gold chain mail bikini armor, wearing a golden torc and diamond studded tiara. Having a wand and sheathed long sword at her waist, having the bearing of a princess from her bare feet to the crown of her head. (5'2", pb 23, af14, 156 lb.)
Along with the normal abilities and immunities of nightspawn TJ can switch gender of TJ's facade when changing back from TJ's morphus, but when TJ uses magic it causes damage to TJ's body and TJ can not cancel any spells. When diving strait down reaching Terminal V. and using his heavy beam Lance as a physical lance it does 3D6(lance)+55D6(weight)+64D4 damage(speed). that is between 122 and 604 points of damage.
(yah yah...dragon :P )
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Chloe-
godling level 4 (burster, mystic, shifter)
dryad level 4
cyber-knight level 4 (master psychic)

Daughter of Hades and Persephone.
Trained in Hades as a burster, mystic, and shifter.
Traveled to England and was trained as a dryad.
Traveled to America and was trained as a cyber-knight.
Riftmaker
Adventurer

Unread post by Riftmaker »

TW with obsession with food based magic.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Cs Special Forces.
Level 12.

Full light machine conversion.
Nox Equites
Explorer

Unread post by Nox Equites »

Godling with Burster Abilities, LLW abilities and extra tough. Knows all common spells up to his level.

Return to “Rifts®”