The dichotomy of Rifts

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: The dichotomy of Rifts

Unread post by Bill »

That's also a valid interpretation. There isn't a canon answer though.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Great easy for me to munch up the burbs though.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

say652 wrote:The cs isn't dumb.
Letting a few powerhouse D-bees live in the burbs, serves several purposes.
Information.
Enforcer.
Shows that as long as you know your place subhuman trash doesn't always need to die.
Follow the rules, fight for us when needed, and never expect to be treated as anything more than a stray dog, you just might live.

The CS isn't dumb, but I doubt that it is a conscious decision of theirs to allow any particular "powerhouse D-bees" live in the burbs. I would expect that it is merely a result of insufficient manpower devoted to patrolling the burbs. I would expect them to temporarily supplement that manpower if they became aware of numerous or powerful supernaturals in the burbs.
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

I don't know if that jives with the numbers from CWC and other sources. Could be just as plausible a reason for supernaturals to be there as evasion or complicity though.

Return to “Rifts®”