My friend drew our PCs

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lao Tzume
Explorer

My friend drew our PCs

Unread post by Lao Tzume »

My friend (who plays the Minotaur Tattoo-Man pictured) decided to draw our characters.

http://i.imgur.com/XWhsxXu.jpg

From left to right:

Thom Jones the Elven Super Spy
Erin Mageston the Techno Wizard
B'rahl the Minotaur T-Man
Ursa Jax (me) the Werebear Lord Magus
Onyx the human Gunfighter

We play a regular Rifts game with these guys. Usually once every three weeks. The group has been going strong for 3 years now.
boxee
Hero

Re: My friend drew our PCs

Unread post by boxee »

Wow very cool artist. Like the team mix as well.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Not bad! Not bad at all!
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Is this taking some kind of 'minotaurs have human bodies and bull heads so they can have magic tats' sort of approach? Or just expanding the races who can get them?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Lao Tzume
Explorer

Just expanding. He was a Splugorth experiment. That's how we hand wave how he has magic tats.
PSI-Lence
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by PSI-Lence »

very good, but i only see one visible tattoo which seems a bit odd
i own but am less well versed in RUE, and my memory is ... lackluster at best keep that in mind if my posts contradict canon lol
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Could be he's high enough level to activate them mentally without touching them, prior to that he might've just gone nude or in a loincloth or something.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Werebear Lord Magus?
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

The "must be a mortal SDC creature" stuff on all the Magi OCCs? Werebears are HP creatures, but I think that fits the general idea.

Vampires don't age and live forever so they're not mortal, but Werecreatures, though supernatural, do have limited lifespan guidelines in the Conversion Book so I think they qualify as mortal.

Plus: dat High Lord Magus Godling and Battle Magus Titan in MercTown, both MDC.
Lao Tzume
Explorer

Mack wrote:Werebear Lord Magus?

Yeah. We bend rules here and there. As long as we're all having fun we don't care.
Wooly
Adventurer

Unread post by Wooly »

Your friend is very talented. Great work! If I had a Minotaur with body hair I guess you'd have to have magic brands rather then magic tattoos?
“When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Lao Tzume wrote:
Mack wrote:Werebear Lord Magus?

Yeah. We bend rules here and there. As long as we're all having fun we don't care.

Oh, I'm cool with bending the rules, provided the GM/players understand. As long as everyone is enjoying the game, it's all good.

That's not a combo that I would've considered. It's just more "bend" than I'm accustomed to.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

Still not in agreement that werecreatures becoming magi IS bending the rules. They're mortal (they don't live forever, they have limited lifespans) and they are not MDC. They're not implied to start off with OCCs but if you're a 1st level werebear about to turn 2nd level and want to use the rules to take on a new OCC, I don't see why not.

http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/ques ... ombat.html

Treat multiple O.C.C.s in Rifts as you would in Palladium. Characters that wish to learn a new O.C.C. must first advance at least one level in their current P.C.C./R.C.C. At second level (or wherever desired), they may opt for training in the new O.C.C. as soon as they reach that new level (it cannot be done after they have advanced in their new experience level). When the character begins their new training, they are zero-level in the new O.C.C. The character must earn experience points equal to the new O.C.C.'s second level (if Men of arms or adventurers) or third level (if magical or psychic). When that amount of experience points is acquired, the character has passed their apprenticeship and is now at first level in his new O.C.C. Once characters change over to their new O.C.C., they retain their old skills (but frozen at the levels they achieved before the change) but all new P.P.E., S.D.C., and other increases will be based upon their new O.C.C. all new experience points are awarded to the new O.C.C. Characters who change to a new O.C.C. will get all of the O.C.C. skills and special abilities, but only HALF the number of O.C.C. related and secondary skills. When powers/skills are duplicated, they get whichever is the better of the two, they do NOT add them together. For special powers and abilities that specific O.C.C.s may possess, adjust where necessary. At the GM's discretion, characters may continue to change O.C.C.s repeatedly as long as they pay the experience points for their apprenticeships.

Sounds like it's fine to change from a PCC or RCC to an OCC later :)
Raze_7
Explorer
Comment: "The best offense is a good defense!" - Somebody unsuccessful.

Unread post by Raze_7 »

Tor wrote:Still not in agreement that werecreatures becoming magi IS bending the rules. They're mortal (they don't live forever, they have limited lifespans) and they are not MDC. They're not implied to start off with OCCs but if you're a 1st level werebear about to turn 2nd level and want to use the rules to take on a new OCC, I don't see why not.

http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/ques ... ombat.html

Treat multiple O.C.C.s in Rifts as you would in Palladium. Characters that wish to learn a new O.C.C. must first advance at least one level in their current P.C.C./R.C.C. At second level (or wherever desired), they may opt for training in the new O.C.C. as soon as they reach that new level (it cannot be done after they have advanced in their new experience level). When the character begins their new training, they are zero-level in the new O.C.C. The character must earn experience points equal to the new O.C.C.'s second level (if Men of arms or adventurers) or third level (if magical or psychic). When that amount of experience points is acquired, the character has passed their apprenticeship and is now at first level in his new O.C.C. Once characters change over to their new O.C.C., they retain their old skills (but frozen at the levels they achieved before the change) but all new P.P.E., S.D.C., and other increases will be based upon their new O.C.C. all new experience points are awarded to the new O.C.C. Characters who change to a new O.C.C. will get all of the O.C.C. skills and special abilities, but only HALF the number of O.C.C. related and secondary skills. When powers/skills are duplicated, they get whichever is the better of the two, they do NOT add them together. For special powers and abilities that specific O.C.C.s may possess, adjust where necessary. At the GM's discretion, characters may continue to change O.C.C.s repeatedly as long as they pay the experience points for their apprenticeships.

Sounds like it's fine to change from a PCC or RCC to an OCC later :)

Or from a detoxed Juicer into another OCC.
A player character Old One coould possibly be difficult to get past a GM. -Raze_7

"I've caught murderers with my questions before! Well, only once, but..." -Phoenix Wright

"Holy fire burns a hell of a lot." -Chronicle

"According to this polling data, the most popular Star Trek character after Kirk and Picard are Data." - xkcd

http://xkcd.com/1357/
Tor
Palladin

Unread post by Tor »

I think RMB talked about that, like even possibly going Borg.

Confused at why they got brought up tho since not an RCC and werecreatures can't be juicers far as I know.

Return to “Rifts®”