munchkin creation contest.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

favorite munchkin type.

Magic.
13%
Psionic.
13%
Super.
39%
Tech.
17%
Skills.
17%

Total votes: 23

say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

munchkin creation contest.

Unread post by say652 »

Setting Aztek vs Inca pantheon war.

Create munchkin, choose side.

Rules.
Physical munchkin.10 points.
Energy munchkin. 15 points.
Magic munchkin. 25 points.
Psionic munchkin. 40 points.

-5points per magic item.
-10 pounts per rune item.

Fabled technological Munchkin. 100 points.
A Skill Munchkin. 50 points.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: munchkin creation contest.

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Aztec Mulka.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Killer Cyborg wrote:Aztec Mulka.

125 point entry.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The best power chars are a mix of two or three of the categories you listed.

Besides...it is the player that is the munchkin not the char. Unless there are blatant misinterpretations within the creation of the char, then it is a munchkin char. :evil:
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

I've always said that Munchkin isn't simply choosing a powerful character. As choosing to play character X, the GM simply has you fight 2 character X's. No the true secret of muchkinism is you choose something that looks reasonable on the surface, only to find out later it's over powered. Often times by combining (as Drew Kitty said) things that were never intended to be combined. I did vote for Super Powers, as it's been my experience that they're the most likely to have over looked how well they combine with each other.

Other options are Race + Class combo's that weren't intended to exist
Bonus points for people who have their own house ruled equipment.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Yea I love super powers but!
The strongest doesn't always win.

The invincible yellow sun man could just as easily be cast into a dimensional portal as anyone else.

My choice is psionics.

So much munchkinism from the high saves to varying effects.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Add in that just about everything can be hurt by psionics the ability to blank and reprogram minds forcefields to flight and the incredible healing abilities all other occs lack.

Seljuk Psi Slinger Sea Inquisitor Warrior of Valhalla.
The Mighty Mind Dragon. Choosing the Inca.
75 point entry.
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Ok Rifts, pony up. Show me ancient Dragon psi-stalker murder wraith...uh....Inca.

Where the bonus to save vs.psionics is higher than the target number.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Alrik Vas wrote:Ok Rifts, pony up. Show me ancient Dragon psi-stalker murder wraith...uh....Inca.

Where the bonus to save vs.psionics is higher than the target number.

90 points.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

Terran (Human) Vagabond...... Using the following add-ons:
-Super Powers (CB1)
-Half Wizard
--Adding Sorcerous Proficiencies
--Adding a Familiar (Avian Biomech)
-Latent Psionics
-Sea Inquisitor
-Renegade Native American
--Totem Animal
--4 minor Fetishes
-Magic Tattoos
-Blackmarketeer

There is more if you want to take it that far.
Spoiler:
Including Rifters there is also:
-Citizen of Lazlo
-Absconder add-on
-Adding a Mystic Martial Arts (Lets say Drunken Kung Fu for giggles)

And if going really out there just start tagging on the available add-ons with ambiguous acquisition rules:
-Natural 'Human' mutations (Lone Star)
-Azlum Asylum
-Dyvall Bio-Vats
-Prior or current 'employment' (Kingsdale Militia, Juarez or El Paso police, Reid's Rangers, Deathspike Agent, or more than one of the above, among others, and if you dont like being a cop, you can always have been a gang member, sometimes both)
-Run into some experimentation by the Splugorth (Symbiotes?), or Gene-Splicers, or both

Further if you start crossing systems to the nth degree you can add some really neat things
-Visit the Library of Tartarus
-Train at the Temple of the Dragon King
-Experiment with Larry Mindstone or the Halcyon Protocol (or both)
-Access to more 'prior employment' with the Queens Own Warlock Guard, or Eagle Knight Securities, or the TMC (maybe a sub division as well), or multiples, and more.
-Danzi Spirit Tattoos

Now if you want to go full genitalia-to-the-wall Munchkin

Spoiler:
Ambidextrous Exceptionally Charismatic Renegade Native American Terran-Human Jack of All Trades Black Marketeer Absconder Vagabond Half Wizard Latent Psionic Sea Inquisitor Super Powered Drunken Master from Lazlo, Officer Graduate of the Tennessee Headhunter Academy & its new Psi Battalion Equivalency training, Retired from the Kingsdale Militia, Studied Higher Learning in Psyscape, former inmate of the Azlum Asylum, Tattooed, Recovering Steel Tree Brew Addict, Invid Experimentation Candidate, Genesis Pit Survivor, Symbiote Infected, Bicycle Messenger, Survivor of Yggdrasil, Card Holder at the Astral Library of Tartarus, Student of the Temple of the Dragon King, Test Subject of Larry Mindstone, Immortal, former TMC SOD Operative, escapee from Dyvall, Prospect Member of The Troggs, The Queen's Own Warlock Guard Recruit & Upholder of thier Heroic Legacy, Eagle Knights Securities Agent, Warrior of Valhalla, Officer in Good Standing Ciudad Juarez PD Mounted Division, Ciudad Juarez Guardsman, one of Reid's Rangers, a Road Reaper Fix-it Man, El Paso PD Patrolman, former Deathspike Agent, NORAD Trainee, Labourer for the Second Neenok Expedition, Victim/Bennificiary of the Gene-Splicers, Officer (Retired) of the Arnzo Mercenary Corps, proud Earthborn Human, member of Master Shang's Dojo, Trained at the Western Empire Archery School, Graduate of Miss Enneren's Manners School, Recipient of the Halcyon Protocol (twice).

EDIT: Disclaimer: The OP called for munckin, so I came with my munchkin hat on. I would never even attempt to submit the above to a GM.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I am stunned. Um wow that most definitely is the munchkinist munchkin I've ever heard of.

I think we have a winner.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

13eowulf wrote:
EDIT: Disclaimer: The OP called for munckin, so I came with my munchkin hat on. I would never even attempt to submit the above to a GM.

:shock: Good thing. Inducing either suicidal or homicidal tendencies in a GM is NOT conducive to successful long running campaigns.
"Sorry, guys. I broke the GM with my character concept. He's in the back, hunched over his campaign folders, trying to tear his eyes out."
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

say652 wrote:I am stunned. Um wow that most definitely is the munchkinist munchkin I've ever heard of.

Go big or go home? :lol:

say652 wrote:I think we have a winner.

*bows*
Last edited by 13eowulf on Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:
13eowulf wrote:

:shock: Good thing. Inducing either suicidal or homicidal tendencies in a GM is NOT conducive to successful long running campaigns.
"Sorry, guys. I broke the GM with my character concept. He's in the back, hunched over his campaign folders, trying to tear his eyes out."

LOL, heh, yeah.
Honestly I created the above as a thought exercised. It started off adding all the individual add-ons I saw in different submitted characters (to me as a GM) to a single character.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I just wow.
You covered everything on the munchkin list at least twice.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

say652 wrote:I just wow.
You covered everything on the munchkin list at least twice.

:mrgreen: :ok:
You should see the full sheet. It is a 104 page document.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

My most munching charter for rifts is not from rifts.
Immortal martial artist from N&SS that has self rez.
LVL 15 martial artist with all but one marital art form from ninjas and super spies.
He also has the mage class from ninjas and super spies that can learn any magic he finds in written form and is a TW in rifts. In addition over a century of college so he learned nearly every skill in the book.
So he has chi, supernatural powers, magic, skills, and psionic.

Note he did not start out that way but was part of a epic campaign that the GM came up with for a deployment. The charters all grew over time and the campaign. The end of it was when the three immoral PCs saved a human nation on rifts earth from the original FOM being manipulated a group of AIs.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I usually pick one thing and max it out.
Strength, mdc, saves, psionics, have yet to develop a usable magic munchkin...
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

My most munchkin character pales in comparison to most everything listed so far, though he might be a contender just based off pure awesome.

Well, if I did class breakdown correctly. Having 25exp levels is a bit silly.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Tinker Gizmoteer Nightspawn (40 skills, 802 MDC) + four swords... cuz she's got four arms, duh. Leads a group that uses Macross 2 mecha and has an astral kingdom that was created by a group of psychics. her morphus takes half damage from lasers, heat, and fire

Spoiler:
Crystal Sword
Name: Facet the Sun Blade
Description: Facet is a psionic crystal sword fully bonded to Ashley Crane. Upon activation a harmless yellow beam erupts from the hilt. The beam seems to solidify into an amber blade, which appears to glow with magic in the light, in truth it is the light being reflected from its silver core. The sword is shaped like a claymore.
Alignment: Principled
M.D.C.: 900
Damage: 3D8+10 M.D. Bond Level: 6th
Inner Color: Silver (Good) Outer Color: Amber (Warrior's Nature)
Level Powers I.S.P.
1. Energize: +1 strike, +2 parry 1 / 4 melees
2. Combat Awareness: +1 initiative, 0
can't be surprised
3. Protection vs. Fire, heat, electricity 0
and all energy do half damage.
4. Resist Anger/Hate: the character 12 / 24 hrs.
can't be enraged
5. Sparkling Balls of Energy: 12 +4 / ex. ball
+4 strike, 3D6 MD, 60 ft.
6. Crystal Skin: 24 MDC / skin, 24 / 10 melees
no damage from electricity, fire & or
light energy (lasers) 24 / skin

Spoiler:
Rune Hilt
Name: Runeguard the Heavenspawn
I.Q.: 16 Alignment: Principled
Damage: 2D12 X 10 + freeze & electrical damage
Description: Runeguard is a blue-gray hilt wrapped with a fine white silk braid. With a mental command, a blade of ice surrounded by an electrical field appears to grow from the hilt. When fully formed the sword looks like a flamberge.
Powers: Ice Blade Bolt Blade
10' Ball of Ice Call Lightning
Shards of Ice Ball Lightning
Encase In Ice Whirl Wind
Hail Vacuum

I.S.P.: 120 all psionics levels 1-3
+1 to all saving throws
X2 damage to demons & devils
Blade of Ice is called from the elemental plane of water and evaporates back to it when it is dismissed.
Bolt Blade is called from the elemental plane of air and discharges back to it when it is dismissed. It surrounds the Blade of Ice.
Return to Wielder When Throw If the blade gets stuck in something it will "break" from the hilt. The hilt will return to the wielder with an electrical blade that does 1/2 normal damage. The ice blade will cause 1/2 damage to whatever it's stuck in until it is destroyed or until it is dismissed, when it will evaporate and can be resummoned with an action. Both blades are summoned and dismissed at the same time. There is a 25% chance the ice will "break" when thrown. This is the only way the blade can "break."
Indestructible & Never Dulls

Spoiler:
Dragon Slayer
Name: Scalesplitter the Wyrm Spike
Description: Scalesplitter is a dragon slayer that was given to Ashley Crane by an ancient dragon in palladium. It was given to her for her aid in defending the dragon’s domain and defeating one of its foes. Scalesplitter is shaped like one of Earth's, Zweihanders w/ Dragon Wright Scripture
Damage: 3D6/1D6 X 10 to dragons
Powers: Immune to all special powers/attacks of true dragons,
Including deadly breath attacks, petrification, horror factor, and the dragon's gaze.
Impervious to psionics from dragons.
+2 to saves a dragon's magic.
Indestructible and never dulls.

Spoiler:
Artifact Sword
Name: Solest the Nightcleaver
Description: Solest appears in one of two forms, a highly ornate gold and silver oriental hairpin, or as a gold bladed katana with a silver hilt.
I.Q.: 22 Alignment: Principled
Shapeshift: Hairpin
Damage: 7D6 to astral beings in the astral plane
4D6 to astral beings anywhere else
5D6 to mortal foes
2D6 X 10 to supernatural forces of darkness
2D4+1D6 X 100 vs. dark entities
Powers:
Protection from Artifacts & Magic Weapons (including
Runeweapons and Techno-Wizard devices): all damage from these weapons do half damage and magic spells from them are half as powerful.
Weapon of Light: Glows when used against creatures of darkness. Pure Beam S./M.D.:4D6 Range: 400' to creatures of darkness.
Indestructible & Never Dulls
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

say652 wrote:I usually pick one thing and max it out.
Strength, mdc, saves, psionics, have yet to develop a usable magic munchkin...

seeing as how munchkin is supposed to misinterpret rules a mage that uses my favorite, kill anything with a face spell combo.
create deck of cards (permanent)
infinite deck of cards
card daggers
52 cards to the face

make it better by doing time slip and applying a deck, still in the box, with carpet of adhesion onto the target, while drawing a face with a sharpie if needed, both non-violent or hostile actions on their own. Then cancel the time slip by activating the 52 cards to the face after reaching a safe distance to avoid your now flailing foe.

munchkin enough?

misread or rather misinterpret that all spells being magic means that card daggers must then be magic weapons and in Rifts that would make them do M.D.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

say652
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

I don't even understand what half of these characters are.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

CyCo wrote:say652

"Say my name" the old sickly baldman growls.
"Heisenberg"
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Flying Snow on good rolls can get upwards of 30 attacks a melee, deals unheard of H2H damage inexcess of 500md on average and Crits on a rolled 12 or better.
Munchkin as Trizzzzuck.

Powersurge. Lightning powered munchkin with over 15,000mdc able to create over 40 copies of himself.
Very very munchkin.

But, I am only able to successfully Munchkin by reading and rereading Super powers and min maxing to the extreme.

The 104 page Vagabond, wow.

The four armed nightbane, while powerful loses munchkin points for the rune weapons.

And The Gambitesque 52 to the face. Lololololol.
Images of Gladiator being blasted threw the hull of a shiar ship filled my brain. very cool and munchkin combo.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

say652 wrote:But, I am only able to successfully Munchkin by reading and rereading Super powers and min maxing to the extreme.

Your characters are book legal?

Perhaps you can make a case study of Powersurge and show us how he was created.

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Search, its all already posted.
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

say652 wrote:Search, its all already posted.

There are 82 seperate threads in which you mention Powersurge, could you narrow it down some?
Oderint Dum Metuant.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

My character for a heroes unlimited rifts crossover.
And no not a canon character.
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

A full sized Vampire old rules Zentradi with 2400+ Supernatural PS.
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

O.o
2D4×10+2285 damage per hit.

75points.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

I am rather fond of demonstrating how munchkin is a playing style not a character. One person (or games) 'Munchkin' is another games 'low end normal'....and vice versa. My Tellas game had every PC in it built as a full character and then added all the abilities of a Demigod on top of that. (Demigod dragon, Demigod Nightbane, Demigod Kildred, Demigod Zhembahk, ect......) And as my players will tell you it turned out that they had insufficient to fight their way out of the problems they were facing. Those characters were not munchkin they were barely adequate. On the flip side in one of my urban games every single character was a normal person type (Vagabonds, Urchins, City Rats, Saddle Tramps, Saloon Bums, etc) all humans or human similar races (elves, gnomes, dwarves, etc) with at most minor psi. In this game something as (usually seen as) low powered as a Headhunter with major psi would have been seen as an overpowered munchkin.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Alrik Vas
Knight

Headhunter compared to city rat isn't munchkin. If the game calls for demigod characters, then what have you.

What's munchkin is characters and playstyles that overtly and subtly bring unintended ability. The motto of the munchkin tends to be, "Well it doesn't say you can't."

But even that can be misleading, as reason should defeat rules issues. The real problem is creation of issue where there is none, then resolving it with "reason" that has explicit benefit, usually short term, for the party in question.

A lot can fall under this. Like, people who borrow better versions of skills from other game lines, particularly physical skills. Usually the reason being is that they are from the setting where the skill version originates, but they have low to zero transition issue to their new environment, mechanically, regardless. The same is said for gear. SDC to MDC conversion has been abused to all holy hell in many games, by munchkins.

Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

I got it there is a vegetable alien in AU that has the ability to turn into a copy of some one with all ration traits and skills. They turn into perfect copies of a target with no mention like the other doppelgangers in the book about not working on supernatural.

I present to you the Dop-elpoep so make one and pick a class. So what would be a good class to take. I am fond of TWs so I make a Dop-elpoep with the OCC TW he then creates resin bases and studies and exact copies of each other presented munchkin charter. He now can use his power to switch bodies to each of them and adding his powers and TW skills to the munchkin charter he is coping.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Alrik Vas wrote:Headhunter compared to city rat isn't munchkin.

The example was that in a game of all minor psi's trying to take major psi (for 3-4 times the psychic power of any other person) would be munchkin....it was an attempt to demonstrate that munchkin is relative. A 'weak' character can still be munchkin if they are deliberately overpowered for the setting they are in.

Alrik Vas wrote: If the game calls for demigod characters, then what have you.

What's munchkin is characters and playstyles that overtly and subtly bring unintended ability. The motto of the munchkin tends to be, "Well it doesn't say you can't."

I agree....that is why I used the example I did.

Alrik Vas wrote:But even that can be misleading, as reason should defeat rules issues. The real problem is creation of issue where there is none, then resolving it with "reason" that has explicit benefit, usually short term, for the party in question.

A lot can fall under this. Like, people who borrow better versions of skills from other game lines, particularly physical skills. Usually the reason being is that they are from the setting where the skill version originates, but they have low to zero transition issue to their new environment, mechanically, regardless. The same is said for gear. SDC to MDC conversion has been abused to all holy hell in many games, by munchkins.

Amen to this. I have become a real stickler on moving stuff between SDC/MDC worlds for this very reason.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
grimmhold
D-Bee

Unread post by grimmhold »

[quote="say652"]Flying Snow on good rolls can get upwards of 30 attacks a melee, deals unheard of H2H damage inexcess of 500md on average and Crits on a rolled 12 or better.
Munchkin as Trizzzzuck.

Who or what is "Flying Snow"?
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

Once had a Valkyrie Pilot that in combination of the Human Talents let him have 16 attacks per melee in his Valkyrie. GM also gave him 4 of the Automated Attack bits. they can fire 3x per melee the plasma spear 2x per melee. Plus the VMS carries 64 SRM's usually AP or plasma, if we use AP (Using RUE's AP rules of double damage on 18-20 and triple on a nat 20 makes this very mean) first 3 attacks of the Melee round would be doing 21D6x10 each then you would still have 2 attacks of the plasma spear at 3d6x10 and still have 11 attacks left for other mayhem such as more missles (it's ROF limits it to 9 missiles per volley and after the first three it would still have 37 missiles left to split among the 11 remaining attacks.

And yes this character actually saw play. And was only played at the GM's insistence. For some reason he was obsessed with the VMS. I had originally wanted to play a regular Veritech Pilot with the VAF-7A.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Here's a book legal character, who at Level 1 has...

IQ 28
PS 40 (robotic level)
PP 26
Speed 220 (150mph) running (also flies at 200mph)

12 Attacks per melee

620 MDC

But the kicker is the number of skills: 64 (yes, sixty-four at level 1)

Spoiler:
The Robot OCC from Sourcebook 1.

And that's prior to tacking on sensors, weapons, or the juke box.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

Anyone ever played a Hundred Handed?
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

Chronicle wrote:A full sized Vampire old rules Zentradi with 2400+ Supernatural PS.

You sorta beat me to it. Personally, I would go with a 1st Ed unmicronized Zentraedi (PE and PS multiplied by 100) with super powers under the Mega Hero template. Gives him SNPS, +50% to SDC (which becomes MDC in Rifts). Add in the powers of Shrinking, and Channel and Redirect Energy. If feeling especially malicious, toss in Force Field powers (Create Force Field grants a maximum MDC force field of about 200,000 (PE 2000 multipied by 100)).
Roughly it means a First Level character with:
2500 SNPS (625 tons)
3000 MDC
Immunity to energy (and the ability to refire the energy out)
For extra oomph, add in a chi-heavy martial arts form (base chi is rtoughly 2000, before additions)

Would I allow it? Hell, no! Is it book legal? Technically, yes, depending on GM allowance for crossover.
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

Axelmania wrote:Anyone ever played a Hundred Handed?

played no, encountered yes and with my most "munchkinesk character"
Alecia DeVreis the hundredhanded was a minor menace (25xp) for defeating it.

Alecia was a character that started out as someone that Thought she was human, but was really a human DB. Special forces from the mercs book.
she also had the highest psionics from the random background table.
in addition I rolled well enough on the strength and PP stats that she was over stat cap for cybernetics.

the GM decided to have her have an "accident" using a plasma ejector (he had it detonate by getting hit while firing) before the game even started, and she got "rescued by Archie as an experiment" which involved him using robotic/bionic replacements to replace the blown off body parts.
she had a bionic left arm and partial left torso replacement. bionic Left eye (disguised) bionic right hand and some forearm, bionic left leg (I think) and right foot (maybe)
she also got a custom shemarrian armor/powerarmor and was assigned a Modified Monst Rex made to resemble a Wolf, or a Tiger, that had an AI with a personality profile that was essentially a copy of Alecia.
she also got a full set of shemarrian standard gear, including the railgun, and after a few adventures was assigned 2 "normal" shemarrian bots.

later adventures involved Alecia Dimension hopping repeatedly, where she commonly picked up gear and skills from other places.
known settings she ended up in: manhunter, Scrapers, Origional Battlestar Galactica, Battletech, Star Wars, Star Trek, several "world" settings the GM created, including something he called "tulip world" which was partially populated by some seriously NASTY practical joker plants.

In Tulip World there are fields of these ~6-8 foot tall Tulip looking plants, that have a rather unique defense mechanism. they do NOT appreciate people and things walking close to them so they tend to blast them with large amounts of Pollen, the problem is the Pollen they shoot is a VERY powerful Mutagenic Compound, that can trigger all kinds of random (roll D100-D1000 for effect and large number of effects and lead to subtables) mutation effects.

Known effects include: beneficial mutations, Malevolent Mutations, super power effects, Race and body type changes, etc. no one ever rolled it but I am sure it is possible to go from being a "normal human" to suddenly being a dog boy, or dragon or whatever, limb changes growing hair fur or scales etc.
I know when Alecia was around level 8 or 9 Special forces she ran into one of those mutation encounters and by the time it was all over ... she was required to change her class to Godling. and after another few sets of adventures she gained a set of "deific powers" that included enhanced psionic abilities and Magic along with a Deific Title. After words she became "Alecia DeVreis Godess of high tech warfare"
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

guardiandashi wrote:[ ... she was required to change her class to Godling. and after another few sets of adventures she gained a set of "deific powers" that included enhanced psionic abilities and Magic along with a Deific Title. After words she became "Alecia DeVreis Godess of high tech warfare"

Good thing you didn't have an Oh My Goddess-style 'couplet' system in place, otherwise somebody would have had to have been made over into 'DemonLord of Catastrophic Battlefield Screwups".
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”