Recommend Races for Wormwood

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Recommend Races for Wormwood

Unread post by Bill »

What demonic and/or alien races would you add to Wormwood's list of "Dark Minions?" Please include the book and page.
Morik
Explorer

Re: Recommend Races for Wormwood

Unread post by Morik »

Dark Conversions has to many to list here. Just pick up that book and enjoy the additions you can make to the host.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

A breakout of the Death Demons on that planet would be pretty entertaining.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Morik wrote:Dark Conversions has to many to list here. Just pick up that book and enjoy the additions you can make to the host.

The Demons and Divils from the minion-war RDBs would fit the bill for there to....even if they have just infiltrated the evil side of the war there.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

Larhold Barbarians, Arkhons, Coalition Lost Patrol, Amaki, Asgardian Dwarves, RahuMen, Mutant Power Category, Mystically bestowed Abilities Power Category, Witches, Wolfen, Hatchling Dragons, Titans, all giant races, Scorpion People, Naga, palladium Elves, Seljuk, Noro.

And I went blank.
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

I always assumed the maps of WW didn't show all of WW, over the course of playing on WW my players stopped a Vampire Intelligence from being able to anchor itself on the living planet. Stopped its minions from becoming too powerful, still have occasional run ins with vampires. Vampires are / were fun to run on the planet, they started their campaign of bringing the intelligence to WW on the "far side" or "dark side" of the planet.

Bad guys they have contended with on WW include a Nightstalker Dragon and Cernun Mystic (England Book). Other than that I have used many kinds of Shadow Beasts on WW.

The "run of the mill" native demons on WW have been a challenge too. Only the native demons have been Host Demons, the rest were on their own sides. You want to know (are asking) what other demons might be there or might be part of the Host Army?

Maybe the Host or Shifter aligned to the Host would summon Archaic Demons to assist them (from Mystic Russia Book).

As of yet I have not had the Minion War spill over onto WW. I might if the players don't leave the living planet.

Also I introduced the Sunaj and fellow minions on WW in force, Lord Splynncryth has recently learned about Wormwood in my game and has made his presence felt in World Gate. (There is also something(s) he wants with the Dimensional City that has prompted his sending his forces there). This has caused massive amounts of fighting and political intrigue in our game. Not sure how it will turn out, last Friday was the first time I had the players encounter issues with the this ... they watched 1000 Sunaj come to World Gate and got mixed up in the events...

...Wormwood's D-City, World Gate is a great staging point for others to use as a jumping point to raid / attack back on Earth in regard to the Minion Wars. Easier to use than say Phase Worlds Center where things are totally controlled and the price is high to use the Rifts in Center. Wormwood is a cesspool and cheaper D-Market / Rift Point. I think ol'Splynny might try and take it over and use it in the war on Earth, or he might not take it over and just use it. Time will tell. :)
Dan Frederick
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

There's explicitly a Balrog (page 153, Rock Ridge) to help establish that Hades/Modeus connection. With him are Harpies, who are basicalled Sub-Deevils (Dire Harpies being Lesser)

There are also Succubi and Incubi in Morphia (page 156). I'd like to worm my way in there.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

Some of the Nightlands stuff from Nightbane, shown in Dark Conversions, would make great additions.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Ever since I got Splicers, I've pondered rebooting Wormwood with it.
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.

Return to “Rifts®”