Have you ever used a Splicer in Rifts?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Have you ever used a Splicer in Rifts?

Unread post by Q99 »

Wasn't sure if this should go in the Splicers or Rifts forum... but anyway.

Have you ever had a Dreadguard, Packmaster, Biotic, or similar in a Rifts party? How'd it go? How'd you play them?

If you haven't, what do you think of the idea and how such a character would adapt?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Have you ever used a Splicer in Rifts?

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Q99 wrote:Wasn't sure if this should go in the Splicers or Rifts forum... but anyway.

Have you ever had a Dreadguard, Packmaster, Biotic, or similar in a Rifts party? How'd it go? How'd you play them?

If you haven't, what do you think of the idea and how such a character would adapt?

They would be in great danger until the plauge cleared out of their system.

After that, the biggest weakness would be a reliable source of MDC healing for living beings. Magic that can heal MDC beings is very low effect.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

We had a Splicers character for a while in our Rifts game. He had a suit that fed on the person inside so it could survive away from the Splicers world. We were a magic-heavy game so the nanobot plague was hardly an issue for us.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:They would be in great danger until the plauge cleared out of their system.

Hm, true, I didn't think about that, since I mainly think of it being inside the metal...

Though I do picture such a character being paranoid about touching metal for some time in any case, so the plague may die off before it's a big problem!

After that, the biggest weakness would be a reliable source of MDC healing for living beings. Magic that can heal MDC beings is very low effect.

Bio-armors heal on their own too, so it's not a critical problem, though one will occasionally have to lie low.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

If it travels through the nightspaw dimension en route to rifts, no problem. The mirror wall would purge the plague. Just don't tell the PC that and you can enjoy hours of man plague phobia. Whenever he does touch stuff think up reasons like, "it must be ceramic".
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

I would totally play up the character as habitually avoiding touching metal even if they were there for *years* ^^
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Just remember a lot of rifts gear looks like it is some sort of plastic or ceramic.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

Even aside from that, a Host Armor is pretty badass in itself. I don't think a Splicer would need to rely on native gear much.

Depending on how developed they are, I'd think they'd probably in with a higher-end party, wouldn't you?
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

I played a dreadguard on the boards, it was phaseworld. The virus was out of his system before the game started. It was fun, but I would not play that character again.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

boxee wrote:I played a dreadguard on the boards, it was phaseworld. The virus was out of his system before the game started. It was fun, but I would not play that character again.

Any reason why not? and what did you like about it?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

boxee wrote:I played a dreadguard on the boards, it was phaseworld. The virus was out of his system before the game started. It was fun, but I would not play that character again.

How'd he work out power/usefulness wise? I'd expect they'd fit in relatively well on the PW power curve....

And... did he ever meet a Machine Person? ;)
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

Any reason why not? and what did you like about it?

Well I really enjoyed the group and the GM was very cool. I would just have made a different character, I was looking at the character recently and really did not like many of the choices I made about his Host Armor.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Q99 wrote:

How'd he work out power/usefulness wise? I'd expect they'd fit in relatively well on the PW power curve....

And... did he ever meet a Machine Person? ;)

Worked out well power wise. He had met all kinds of races in phase world, he was a bit worried about some of the AIs and robots kind of freaked him out lol. If you like I could post the character.
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

boxee wrote: Worked out well power wise. He had met all kinds of races in phase world, he was a bit worried about some of the AIs and robots kind of freaked him out lol. If you like I could post the character.

Sure, sounds interesting!

boxee wrote: Well I really enjoyed the group and the GM was very cool. I would just have made a different character, I was looking at the character recently and really did not like many of the choices I made about his Host Armor.

Ah, yea, deciding armor development is always a thing with Splicers.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Here it is hope you enjoy it.

Name: Nemo
Class: dreadguard from splicers
Alignment: unprincipled
Level: 2
Sex: m
Height: 5' (in armor 6')
Weight: 150 lbs. (in armor 450 lbs.)

IQ: 12
ME: 11
MA: 24 trust/intimidate 80%
PS: 23 +8 damage
PP: 12
PE: 21 +12% +3
PB: 22 charm/impress 60%
Spd.: 20 about 15 mph

HP: 30 SDC: 105
MDC: armor only bio e 255

Combat Bonuses-
attacks per round 5
disarm +1
dodge +6
parry +6
roll +6
pull punch +4
strike +2
+2 to kick damage
sense of balance 30%
+8 damage from strength

Combat Bonuses in host armor-
initiative +6
attacks per round 8
strike +6
parry +10
dodge +10
roll +11
disarm +5
pull +9
autododge +2/+6

Combat manuvers-
all karate hand strikes
axe kick 2d8
body block/tackle 1d4
body flip 1d6
crush 1d4
jump kick 4d10
knee strike 1d8
pin 18-20
roundhouse kick 3d6

OCC Skills-
bio-comms :50%
biology :35%
genetics :33%
climbing :45%/35%
military etiquette :40%
running
wp sword
wp knife
wp heavy bio weapons
host armor combat
+1 attack
+1 strike ranged
+1 strike
+1 parry
+1 iniatiative
+1 dodge
+1 disarm
+2 pull
+1 roll

operate bio equipment :45%
machine lore :44%
boxing
hth martial arts
kick boxing
wrestling

Elective Skills-
aerobic athleting
athletics general
intelligence :36%
prowl :30%
wp paired

Secondary Skil-
dance :35%
outdoorsmanship
sign language :30%
wilderness survival :35%

Notable Gear-

parasitic host armor-
(15 points unspent)
enhanced neurological connections
+2 initiative, +1 disarm, +2 to autododge
chemelleon skin
super regeneration
2d6+3 mdc/round
cosmetic modifications
beautiful face
wolflike ears
enhanced senses (smell, taste, and touch)
electromagnetic vision
heat pits
+1 parry, +1 dodge
motion detection
+1 initiative, +1 parry, +2 roll, +4 to auto-dodge
host armor weapons-
right arm-
forearm blade damage 2d6 mdc
organic missiles 4 on shoulder 5d10, range 1 mile
left arm-
bio-energy vent- mega upgrade- on forearm damage 4d8+44
stabbing tendrils all five fingers 5d4
glow cell left shoulder
Host armor-
arms 65 mdc each
hands 50 mdc each
legs 85 mdc each
feet 30 mdc each
head 95 mdc
main body 225 mdc
organic rockets 11 mdc each
forearm blade 70 mdc
vents 52 mdc
stabbing tendrils 18 mdc
running 110 mph
leaping 20 feet high 40 feet across from standing.
digging 20 mph
swimming 30 mph
underwater depth 700 feet
physical strength 22 robotic strength
operational life 51 years
horror factor 7
bonuses -
+1 strike, parry, dodge.
bonuses from parasitic-
+2 attacks/round
+3 initiative
+2 strike
+1 parry
+1 dodge
+4 roll
+3 pull punch
+2 disarm
+30 mdc main body
skills-
escape artist 55%
camouflage 50%
wilderness survival 70%
parasitic armor eats 2d4 hit points/day
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

Neat, thanks :)
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

my gut feeling is that most characters from splicers are substantially stronger than characters from rifts, unless the splicers character is not trying to take advantage of the "strongest" mechanical choices.

and yes, that even applies to settings like phase world. they're probably fairly close to where some of the stronger super hero options fall in, though. but seriously, consider that you can get very large bonuses to automatic dodge, powerful attacks that are frequently not very limited in how often they can be used, lots of AOE attacks that deal respectable amounts of damage (including some hand-held weapons), body armour that can regrow limbs in a day or so and goes from nearly destroyed to fully healthy in an hour or so, etc.

as to healing MDC, the splicers setting provides that, too (and not just in bio-regeneration). there are rather inexpensive pieces of equipment that can heal an impressive amount of damage per day. the only tricky part is feeding them since they require a nutrient bath...

splicers has some very powerful character options. the only thing they lack to be almost unstoppable is that they don't have anything in the way of truly supernatural options (that is, they can't paralyze people with a look, for example).
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

I used the HiveMaster in a Heroes Unlimited game. I fudged his appearance so he looked human. Swarms of bugs just popped out of his skin. Added in a horror factor of 16.
He defeated the team Brick and knocked the psychic off a second story balcony.
Super Spy set four c4 blocks in the hallway stairs.
The psychic used her super tk to not die from the fall and pyrokinesised the rubble.
Still not sure they got him actually....
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Many of their weapons are not effective on organic materials, including people.
psam_rage
Explorer
Comment: I like to go off on tangents! It gives people a better Idea of what I envision so we can be on the same footing.

Unread post by psam_rage »

Several.
I had a Technojacker that lasted one session (I stole a coalition APC) then the game ended.
A modified Dreadguard (no nano plauge) we used to create an Guyver style character for the GM's Rifts:X-Com Berlin game. (Also abrupt ending)
--Basically looked like a Xenomorph with Optic Camo and a pair of the silly awesome Heat lances that I could nope Gargoyles with.

Numerous others ALWAYS shot down by the gm.

I also used some of the War Hounds to create gengineered battle wolves for a race in Phase World that specialized in gengineering..
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Sounds really cool.
Shark_Force
Palladin

boxee wrote:Many of their weapons are not effective on organic materials, including people.

sure, but that can be used to your advantage as well.

you can spore discharger the hatchling dragon rampaging in the middle of the tanks and distracting them all you want. then, when he teleports out of that fight, they're still getting dismantled by the spores and they have no idea what is going on, because they were busy watching the dragon and spore dischargers fire basically invisible shots and have no muzzle flash, and are thus very difficult to notice when you're distracted.

plus, plenty of weapons work on humans just fine. pod weapons are some of my favourites for taking out groups; great ammo, decent reload time, decent damage, and the AOE is great as well. get 2-3 people using them (and since they're hand-held it's easy to get your hands on them for several people) and a squad of infantry can vanish *very* quickly.

i've said elsewhere that damage isn't generally a great thing to do. that becomes a lot less true when you can do enough of it quickly enough. splicers characters are generally designed to be impressive... but to be facing enemies that are virtually endless in number and who are also quite powerful. when you remove those enemies from the equation as will generally happen when placing them on rifts earth, they get very very scary.
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

psam_rage wrote:Several.
I had a Technojacker that lasted one session (I stole a coalition APC) then the game ended.
A modified Dreadguard (no nano plauge) we used to create an Guyver style character for the GM's Rifts:X-Com Berlin game. (Also abrupt ending)
--Basically looked like a Xenomorph with Optic Camo and a pair of the silly awesome Heat lances that I could nope Gargoyles with.

Numerous others ALWAYS shot down by the gm.

I also used some of the War Hounds to create gengineered battle wolves for a race in Phase World that specialized in gengineering..

Ok, the Rifts: X-com Berlin Dreadguard sounds especially awesome ^^

Shark_Force wrote:i've said elsewhere that damage isn't generally a great thing to do. that becomes a lot less true when you can do enough of it quickly enough. splicers characters are generally designed to be impressive... but to be facing enemies that are virtually endless in number and who are also quite powerful. when you remove those enemies from the equation as will generally happen when placing them on rifts earth, they get very very scary.

So, pretty much, high-end games only?
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Spore discharger fires a stream, so can be seen, but in combat things get fuzzy. Your right about the spore dischargers being thought of as the source of damage at first.

Ummmm, no splicers are great, but one were creature kills them all. There are more powerful things in the game, phase world has alot of stuff that is equal or better. Both the SA books are on par.

The big plus splicers have is they can be really customized. Yes you can make munchkins with the game, but not as badly as say heroes unlimited.
psam_rage
Explorer
Comment: I like to go off on tangents! It gives people a better Idea of what I envision so we can be on the same footing.

boxee wrote:Spore discharger fires a stream, so can be seen, but in combat things get fuzzy. Your right about the spore dischargers being thought of as the source of damage at first.

The big plus splicers have is they can be really customized. Yes you can make munchkins with the game, but not as badly as say heroes unlimited.

That was the problem with my Dreadguard. Those heat beam are nearly invisible in the basic visual spectrum and I was cloaked from all vision including IR/Thermal/UV. So I would sit/hop around quasi-invisible only to show up for a brief moment in the infrared/thermal spectrums as my heat lances created a white hot SUPER BEAM.

Noted I was given ~200 extra Bio-E since the other players were a trio of mega-heroes.
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

Invisibility is nasty. My personal preference is more up-front fighting, plus maneuverability.

boxee wrote:Spore discharger fires a stream, so can be seen, but in combat things get fuzzy. Your right about the spore dischargers being thought of as the source of damage at first.

Ummmm, no splicers are great, but one were creature kills them all. There are more powerful things in the game, phase world has alot of stuff that is equal or better. Both the SA books are on par.

So, mid-high, not super-high. And like power armor people, gotta keep an eye out for those special-invulnerability types.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

psam_rage wrote:

That was the problem with my Dreadguard. Those heat beam are nearly invisible in the basic visual spectrum and I was cloaked from all vision including IR/Thermal/UV. So I would sit/hop around quasi-invisible only to show up for a brief moment in the infrared/thermal spectrums as my heat lances created a white hot SUPER BEAM.

Noted I was given ~200 extra Bio-E since the other players were a trio of mega-heroes.

Wouldn't a motion detector sensor still pick you up hopping around that fast?

say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

Splicers has some cool stuff, I frequently pull monsters off of the fan creation list over there.
This settings characters fit well in a heroes unlimited game mainly because one mid level Splicer Thingy is capable of fighting a whole team of Super Powered Humans.......
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

We had one Chaos Earth game where one player used a Pack Master. It was experimental technology in that setting, so its not like the plague was an issue at all. He fared well enough I reckon.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

I know noticed their (splicers) combat bonuses are equal to or greater than supers designed specifically for melee combat.
Shark_Force
Palladin

splicers characters can deal with were creatures so long as they know what they are. for starters, precious metals are not affected by the nanoplague. for another thing, supernatural PS is not actually that uncommon. not everything has it, but enough do to deal with were creatures.

splicers characters tend to be powerful combat characters, with moderate non-combat capabilities (they can have pretty good skills and some useful powers out of combat, but they won't have access to, say, the ability to read minds or walk through solid walls).

they are powerful in a different way from a shifter or warlock, but they are very much high power. i would expect a typical splicers dreadguard (ie not a level 1 dreadguard, those aren't typical) to mop the floor with a glitter boy and not have so much as a scratch left from the fight after a few hours, and within a day any ammo expended will be recovered. i would expect even a level 1 outrider to do the same. even something like a packmaster can pull off such feats with a bit of luck (one good hit can take down a gore hound, but if they manage to dodge until they're in melee range the glitter boy is pretty much screwed; he'll have to disengage the pylons to attack effectively once they get behind him, and once he does that, he'll spend the rest of the combat being tossed around like a rag doll as he is chewed to pieces).

as say652 mentioned, a splicers character will typically be like a strong combat-focused heroes unlimited character. very tough, lots of bonuses to strike, parry, dodge (often automatic dodge), lots of damage. it isn't the same sort of power as some other powerful characters, but i would definitely consider them to be high power.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Makes me wonder every time I see a post build the most munchkin character you can make, splicers are never posted. So my guess is they are not the most powerful.

Can they be powerful? Yes. Unstoppable? No.

I agree splicers are powerful, but there are a lot of other powerful things out there.

If your putting a splicer against a team of supers and they have trouble taking it down, you really are just stacking bonuses and not really building a character to play for fun. Example only has powers that grant + to auto-dodge, add MDC, and one or two big attacks.
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

My mistale wrong name.
Slappys Creations Page.
Swarm Lord.
Used it as SDC and because its Hu I changed it to look like a Human.
I only used the locusts.
It would have won to easily with the fire Flies.
I also changed for hu. Had no max number of locusts. Matter Expulsion:Locusts lol.
I did limit the damage to max listed Though.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Ah that's cool man. Sounds like you all had fun and that is all good!
Shark_Force
Palladin

splicers characters aren't listed because in-setting they're not that impressive (yeah, they're really strong, but the machine literally has more robots than they can use; if you can take on even 100 enemies and win, you're still a few orders of magnitude short of being able to take on nexus in a fight even if every single human on the planet was that exact character). and out of setting, well, how many people have actually *read* the splicers books apart from the hardcore splicers fans who understand that they're only powerful when taken out of context (the context being they live in a world where in spite of all the stuff they can do and bonuses they have, they're still insignificantly tiny creatures fighting an invulnerable giant).
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

True, they are powerful. Your right but I don't think they are as powerful as a heroes unlimited munchkin. It would be a cool contest to see if you can out munchkin heroes unlimited.
It is great to see your still around Shark_Force.
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

Shark_Force wrote:splicers characters aren't listed because in-setting they're not that impressive (yeah, they're really strong, but the machine literally has more robots than they can use; if you can take on even 100 enemies and win, you're still a few orders of magnitude short of being able to take on nexus in a fight even if every single human on the planet was that exact character). and out of setting, well, how many people have actually *read* the splicers books apart from the hardcore splicers fans who understand that they're only powerful when taken out of context (the context being they live in a world where in spite of all the stuff they can do and bonuses they have, they're still insignificantly tiny creatures fighting an invulnerable giant).

Though it is Palladium, everything gets crossed over sooner or later :)
say652
Palladin

Unread post by say652 »

boxee wrote:True, they are powerful. Your right but I don't think they are as powerful as a heroes unlimited munchkin. It would be a cool contest to see if you can out munchkin heroes unlimited.
It is great to see your still around Shark_Force.

I posted one for this contest :D my strongest character has a ps70 supernatural and 24610mdc A Greater Frost Giant Cutter, my most munchkin is definately PowerSurge, constantly using the Electric Flight for Being Impervious to Damage during a Simultaneous Strike. Lol, My oldest character is Nephelonious Moonshade now a Supernatural Intelligence and All father of the Shadow Pantheon thanks to his lesser God advisor, these two are the entire pantheon.
Desmond uses physical training "kata" as The Church of Moonshade prayer, So while learning of community and standing together, equalness of all regardless of appearance and of course sales tax, emergency room costs, land and house taxes to have a safe place to gave land and a house the Followers become Physical Training Power Category build as normal Education varies with planet local and created problems to "save" tge inadvertent Flock. Desmonds bodyguard is PowerSurge, Neph has a secret herald, Immortal Juicers, normal allotment of shadow beasts and other shadow dwellers millions of followers and a growing dimensionally spreading Army of Fighting Adepts from all walks of life. Who slay monsters protect the surrounding beings, talk of community and progress and unity, Teach the locals how to hit back and the dimensional gate in materials required to build a suitable 21st century tech Kingdom protected by MDC Tech Army, Experiments, Mutants, Techno Wizards and TW Weapons, All manner of Psychics, and even the occasional LeyLine Walker.
The communities all have the best Hightech Medical Facilities Available Rivaling Phaseworld and nearing The Splugorth, Without Slavery and BioWizadry. The average citizens can hit and hurt everything, including invulnerable, Impervious, or Anything immune to normal punches and kicks.
Army PT characters have military education Robot pilots are PT with Rpa"Elite, you get the idea, all are Physical Training Powered people with the appropriate skills for their chosen job.
Mages psionics etc. Are not physical training, their prayers give them magical abilities. ...
psam_rage
Explorer

Sōin Kurobane "I cant remember his callsign was I didn't write it down"
I have his Character sheet but the notebook I wrote all the mathe and pre-requisites down in is missing :(
I know he had Leaping 60' high 100' long
Basic Dig speed, as well as swim speed and Depth tolerance
Stealth field (Yautja style cloaking [yes Motion detecting, sonar, and radar work w/ penalties)
10 instances of increased MDC (Described as a chitonous exoskeleton)
Reinforced Exoskeleton
enhanced Neurological Connections
Super-regen
Resist Heat
Enhanced Eyes
Quick clot
Elongated Arms
Non-skid (Hands & Feet)
Suction Cup/Gripping Hairs (Hands & Feet)
Sword Tail
2 Mega Heat Projector Cannons (I wanted to omni them :P)

Basic concept was stalk slowly into position, target and start picking off targets at optimal range.
When the enemy starts to attack me I sproing away and try and use the terrain to get a new firing position (like half way up the wall of the skyranger hanger) while the two true mega heroes begin throwing the enemy about and the Tony Stark knock-off owns the sky.
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

Here's some thoughts I had:

A Saint would be an interesting character. High-quality MDC healing is uncommon, so one who could do so so easily is valuable, and could easily become quite popular in a community of MD D-Bees and monsters. The obvious alienness would be a social challenge.. and if the Splugorth find out what they become, they are going to greatly desire to get a hands on the saint for bio-wizardy purposes.

A Skinjob would be another interesting character. Not as high-powered as a Dreadguard or such, but an excellent sneaky type.

Metamorphs are just plain fun, as well. If one doesn't mind creeping people out, at least ^^
Shark_Force
Palladin

you don't need a saint for large quantities of MDC healing if you're using the splicers setting. healing items are cheap and plentiful (and reusable). which, i suspect, is a large part of the reason you don't normally see saints leaving secure areas except to go to other secure areas. you don't need to send a healer with the troops; for 500 credits, anyone can do an impressive amount of healing.
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

Shark_Force wrote:you don't need a saint for large quantities of MDC healing if you're using the splicers setting. healing items are cheap and plentiful (and reusable). which, i suspect, is a large part of the reason you don't normally see saints leaving secure areas except to go to other secure areas. you don't need to send a healer with the troops; for 500 credits, anyone can do an impressive amount of healing.

You don't in Splicers, but it's pretty useful in Rifts, where most of that splicers stuff is gonna be unavailable and some MDC types heal fairly slow.

And just being a medic is valuable in all kinds of places.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

boxee wrote:Here it is hope you enjoy it.

Name: Nemo
Class: dreadguard from splicers
Alignment: unprincipled
Level: 2
Sex: m
Height: 5' (in armor 6')
Weight: 150 lbs. (in armor 450 lbs.)

IQ: 12
ME: 11
MA: 24 trust/intimidate 80%
PS: 23 +8 damage
PP: 12
PE: 21 +12% +3
PB: 22 charm/impress 60%
Spd.: 20 about 15 mph

HP: 30 SDC: 105
MDC: armor only bio e 255

Combat Bonuses-
attacks per round 5
disarm +1
dodge +6
parry +6
roll +6
pull punch +4
strike +2
+2 to kick damage
sense of balance 30%
+8 damage from strength

Combat Bonuses in host armor-
initiative +6
attacks per round 8
strike +6
parry +10
dodge +10
roll +11
disarm +5
pull +9
autododge +2/+6

Combat manuvers-
all karate hand strikes
axe kick 2d8
body block/tackle 1d4
body flip 1d6
crush 1d4
jump kick 4d10
knee strike 1d8
pin 18-20
roundhouse kick 3d6

OCC Skills-
bio-comms :50%
biology :35%
genetics :33%
climbing :45%/35%
military etiquette :40%
running
wp sword
wp knife
wp heavy bio weapons
host armor combat
+1 attack
+1 strike ranged
+1 strike
+1 parry
+1 iniatiative
+1 dodge
+1 disarm
+2 pull
+1 roll

operate bio equipment :45%
machine lore :44%
boxing
hth martial arts
kick boxing
wrestling

Elective Skills-
aerobic athleting
athletics general
intelligence :36%
prowl :30%
wp paired

Secondary Skil-
dance :35%
outdoorsmanship
sign language :30%
wilderness survival :35%

Notable Gear-

parasitic host armor-
(15 points unspent)
enhanced neurological connections
+2 initiative, +1 disarm, +2 to autododge
chemelleon skin
super regeneration
2d6+3 mdc/round
cosmetic modifications
beautiful face
wolflike ears
enhanced senses (smell, taste, and touch)
electromagnetic vision
heat pits
+1 parry, +1 dodge
motion detection
+1 initiative, +1 parry, +2 roll, +4 to auto-dodge
host armor weapons-
right arm-
forearm blade damage 2d6 mdc
organic missiles 4 on shoulder 5d10, range 1 mile
left arm-
bio-energy vent- mega upgrade- on forearm damage 4d8+44
stabbing tendrils all five fingers 5d4
glow cell left shoulder
Host armor-
arms 65 mdc each
hands 50 mdc each
legs 85 mdc each
feet 30 mdc each
head 95 mdc
main body 225 mdc
organic rockets 11 mdc each
forearm blade 70 mdc
vents 52 mdc
stabbing tendrils 18 mdc
running 110 mph
leaping 20 feet high 40 feet across from standing.
digging 20 mph
swimming 30 mph
underwater depth 700 feet
physical strength 22 robotic strength
operational life 51 years
horror factor 7
bonuses -
+1 strike, parry, dodge.
bonuses from parasitic-
+2 attacks/round
+3 initiative
+2 strike
+1 parry
+1 dodge
+4 roll
+3 pull punch
+2 disarm
+30 mdc main body
skills-
escape artist 55%
camouflage 50%
wilderness survival 70%
parasitic armor eats 2d4 hit points/day

Did he have a lucky fin and did his dad ever find him? ;)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

I kinda used it in my campaign. I used the construction system to make a Bio-Booster Armor Guyver. That doesn't count as posting a conversion right? Cuz' I just said the name and didn't right anything down.
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

Zer0 Kay wrote:I kinda used it in my campaign. I used the construction system to make a Bio-Booster Armor Guyver. That doesn't count as posting a conversion right? Cuz' I just said the name and didn't right anything down.

I don't think it does. Especially as, well, Splicers pretty clearly has Guyver inspiration (I've described it as Guyver vs Skynet) ^^ I can probably picture your build in my head because I've done similar.

How'd the game go?
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

The guyver was just a recent add in. The same campaign has been running for 22 years. The addition of the guyver was seen as a useful balance to a "low" powered character to let him fight in the front lines with the rest of the team he normally just supported.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

I was just glad that even the guy who found the "egg" and knew what it was OOC that IC he plays the process of integration well.
Q99
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Q99 »

Or to put it another way, you got an alien artifact that popped out a host armor ^^
psam_rage
Explorer

Oh and of course there is the Seven Year on Cerebus campaign (Typo intention because thats how it is spelled in R0). I tried to gm that but it crashed and burn when it started. Hint as to why:
CS Party:
-Special Forces O.C.C. (w/Viking) (Mercenary: Not CS)
-Special Forces O.C.C. (w/Gunbot Robot-Killer) (Mercenary: Not CS)
-Special Forces O.C.C. (w/Mobile Gun Block IV) (Mercenary: Not CS)
-Pleasure Bunny (Lone star experement being used as a liaison to the merc company (i.e. the rest of the party...) (Good!)

Tolkeen Party:
-Excommunicated Mystic Knight (Good!)
-Dog Boy Cyberknight (Fluff says INSTANT execution of rogue dog boys so he would NEVER be taken alive, especially by a convoy filled w/ Mis-programmed Dog Boys)
-A young Japanese Girl who is actually a Nightbane that turns into a human sized china-doll... :?
-??? (I believe she was drawing up a juicer when we pulled the plug a few hours into game)

Note the only players that half way listened to me when I tried to reign in the character concepts were Players 1 & 4 (4 originally wanted to play a rogue Dog Boy & a loyal Dog Boy...) (1 just talked to me daily... until I was convinced the merc company could work...)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Different note: The splicer class I keep trying to play in rifts is the gardener, yes it is a sub-par Dreadguard if used as such, but it really is the undisputed king of battlefield engineering & Fortification. (Hell it can create mini-Gene pools w/ the modified Baobab tree)
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:They would be in great danger until the plauge cleared out of their system.

I wish we had some canon conversion rules for Splicers regarding this. Since new nanobots can't be created off-world, them exiting you to infect and transform metal you touch should eventually clear you, right?

This eventual advantage for most Splicers OCCs might also be a disadvantage for the Technojacker OCC. Or... can the human-friendly nanobots within the Technojacker replicate unlike the human-unfriendly ones infecting most others?

Nekira Sudacne wrote:the biggest weakness would be a reliable source of MDC healing for living beings. Magic that can heal MDC beings is very low effect.

Doesn't most Splicers stuff heal on its own at varying rates?

Zer0 Kay wrote:If it travels through the nightspaw dimension en route to rifts, no problem. The mirror wall would purge the plague.

Not sure if the Nightlords' dimensional barrier applies to the Mirrorwall itself. If it did then you couldn't bring guns back and forth between Earth/Nightlands while traveling through it.

It seems to be something around the collective split-dimension.

A bit unclear how it applies to astral-converted tech. Perhaps it begins to break down the closer you approach the inner plane?

*can't seem to recall where else besides Nightbane 203 and Between the Shadows 143 that it discusses this*
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Rifts®”