Recent References to Super Nexus Points

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

One Hand Clapping
Wanderer

Recent References to Super Nexus Points

Unread post by One Hand Clapping »

I'm looking for any references to super nexus points in Rifts, post-RUE.

While the original RMB has a list of them on p. 163, that list appears to be omitted in RUE. Erin Tarn, in her description of the Magic Zone,does mention East St. Louis as one of eleven nexus epicenters, but aside from that I can't find anything. I'm seeking specific mentions of "super nexus points," not vague references to powerful nexus points (of which there are many). I'm being anal about the distinction because, according to RMB, there is a rules difference (double the usual available P.P.E. at a super nexus).

Easter Island and Mexico City were both said to have nexus points. However, Lemuria doesn't refer to Easter Island as having a super nexus (just ley line triangles), and there's mention of a powerful nexus point (but doesn't say super nexus). Likewise, Revised Vampire Kingdoms describes Mexico City as having a small nexus point. The original Vampire Kingdoms mentions that the Yucatan is a super nexus, but Rifts Vampire states instead that the Yucatan has a super ley line triangle. Calgary is also said to be the site of a super nexus, but I have no idea if it's described as such in Megaverse in Flames.

With the exception of Erin Tarn, were references to super nexus points purposely removed from books after RUE? Have they been downplayed for some reason? Please tell me if I've simply missed the references, which is very possible.

I apologize if this has already come up; didn't find anything on the forum.
"I once heard that Kevin Siembieda shot a man... just to watch him die. "
Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Re: Recent References to Super Nexus Points

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

As we've all discussed before, Erin Tarn, as capable as she actually is, isn't the most credible with facts. However, that's the nature of Rifts Earth.

I'd pay more attention, as a GM, to the facts written in the setting when planning things. However, also as a GM, i'd pay attention to the difference between the facts, and what everyone believes. Tarn can be wrong forever, but if people believe what she hands down in her experience as fact, then the consensus will reflect that, true or not.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Actually Tarn's book is described as the most credible description of the planet in RMB...

It's just that even the most credible description can be very inaccurate :)

Local non-world-wide descriptions might be better than hers though. Hers is just the best planetwide-sum description.

Odds are that others probably know more than her, but their views haven't been mass-published like hers, they are kept private to consolidate power.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

As I recall, super nexus was with many intersecting line and/or a shared point between multiple triangles.
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Seem to remember Chicago having one. St.Louis,Easter Island, Mexico City, The Black Forest Germany, One in China, Calgary Canada, sure there were others but cant remember at the moment. Also as others have said the books contradict each other.

Return to “Rifts®”